An aside, I got a good laugh out of the wifebeaters, lol.

The cops were actually excited about those too. While there are tons out there, the fact that the pictures are clear enough to show detail on the cut, helps with ID in the shots where their faces aren't clear. They were still wearing the same clothes when busted too.

I've seen a lot of police reports with my old jobs in which the star was running from cops or homeowners, etc. They will jump in a hedge or a toolshed or something and strip down. They don't want to be recognized by their flamboyant clothing, but don't think it out very well that being the half naked guy running down the street is even more noticeable. Plus clothes are nice to have when the cops are chasing you with dogs... It may be a perception bias, but I got the impression that I saw a lot more supplemental reports with the words "puncture wound" when the K-9 apprehended someone who was not wearing a shirt.

Thanks. 

I think my weird family got my wires crossed a bit. I am always calm in physical danger type of emergencies and get a huge adrenaline hit a few minutes afterwards.This is why the witness kept telling me to relax. After the danger was over, adrenaline showed up and my hands were shaking as they do. I was mentally steady and still methodical.  I wish I had the ability to respond the same way to legal work stress, but I honestly don't. Legal deadlines and pressure make me sick to the stomach, and go off of sleep cycles. I am a whole lot more likely to panic and choke. It's hard to know where to start with all the work and open ended questions. By now I should be good at it, but in truth I frequently am very overwhelmed. About the only thing I have found that kinda works for me is just to pick any aspect and plug away at it until there is no more time to worry about the parts I can't address. It's a bit silly, but there you go. I like to be right, and legal work seldom gives the luxury of certainty. I would probably be more sane as a machinist or engineer, where you can do some math or put a caliper on something and know where things stand.

Ironically, I have no interest in the legal trade and I'm the other way around. I respond well in crisis, but I definitely adrenalize, immediately.

I have no problem in court, because generally nobody's relying on me but me. If I fuck up, it's only my problem - so, no reason to stress. I testified for a friend in a civil case a few days ago, in a little tiny courtroom with less than 10 people present. The plaintiff was a rude dickbag, and couldn't stand that I stayed calm and polite. It was actually sort of fun being in court without my ass being on the line for a hefty fine.

• Like 1

Thanks. 

I think my weird family got my wires crossed a bit. I am always calm in physical danger type of emergencies and get a huge adrenaline hit a few minutes afterwards.This is why the witness kept telling me to relax. After the danger was over, adrenaline showed up and my hands were shaking as they do. I was mentally steady and still methodical.  I wish I had the ability to respond the same way to legal work stress, but I honestly don't. Legal deadlines and pressure make me sick to the stomach, and go off of sleep cycles. I am a whole lot more likely to panic and choke. It's hard to know where to start with all the work and open ended questions. By now I should be good at it, but in truth I frequently am very overwhelmed. About the only thing I have found that kinda works for me is just to pick any aspect and plug away at it until there is no more time to worry about the parts I can't address. It's a bit silly, but there you go. I like to be right, and legal work seldom gives the luxury of certainty. I would probably be more sane as a machinist or engineer, where you can do some math or put a caliper on something and know where things stand.

The same methodical thought processes that allowed you to handle this situation, without having to escalate it, are the same ones that will help you pass the bar, and become an outstanding lawyer. Take comfort and confidence in that. You are very intelligent Gunfun, and I know you have been studying hard. I have no doubt you will pass the bar with that work ethic. Great job here, and I don't think this guy will be pleading down to a misdemeanor given his history. He will be off the street for a while.

well done.

I've had a couple of bikes if someone tried to steal I'd have shot them

on the other hand I've had a couple I'd have helped them load on the truck.

I really admire how you kept your head during the whole encounter

• Like 1

And some Biker he is!  He catches two guys trying to lift his bike from a lot and he starts with "Excuse me"...."Can I Help You"?

I hope that was a joke... A he tells the story he did everything right from the situation he was in.

If you touched my bike and it was 100m away from where I parked it, you would have a broken something and if you drew, dead. It was very PC and by the book what happened there. Something a lawyer, servant or police officer would do for proof of crime and identification. A biker would simply fuck you up and maybe call an ambulance. 3-7-77

And some Biker he is!  He catches two guys trying to lift his bike from a lot and he starts with "Excuse me"...."Can I Help You"?

I hope that was a joke... A he tells the story he did everything right from the situation he was in.

If you touched my bike and it was 100m away from where I parked it, you would have a broken something and if you drew, dead. It was very PC and by the book what happened there. Something a lawyer, servant or police officer would do for proof of crime and identification. A biker would simply fuck you up and maybe call an ambulance. 3-7-77

Aren't you big an tough. 

So you think it is good tactics to beat up two men who are the same size as you. You must be a very confident fighter. Also willing to kill someone or go to prison over property- what commitment. We all aspire to be as manly as that someday.

• Like 3

Aren't you big an tough. 

So you think it is good tactics to beat up two men who are the same size as you. You must be a very confident fighter. Also willing to kill someone or go to prison over property- what commitment. We all aspire to be as manly as that someday.

Oh come on now. Don't get your BAR card issued panties in a bunch. 9 times out of ten if you move a bikers ride, you will be pounded. If someone draws on you, would you not fire the first shot? You will be part of the good old boy club soon and you will have to play the game.

I know how big my dick is. I was just explaining that someone who is under the microscope will deal with a situation like this as you did. Most bikers will kick your fucking teeth in.

Good tactics = Swift Justice.

3-7-77

Ok that makes more sense. We are all under a microscope though if violence happens. A very distorted blurry microscope.

If someone draws on me, and I am lucky enough I would do my best to get the first accurate shot. I do practice for that. Hard cover and flight are also high priority and thankfully none of the above applied here.

Good tactics = better chance of survival. Whether justice happens is seldom swift, and is always costly. Life sucks for the guy who lives but spends 3 months on CNBC. Better than not living, but still truly a last resort.

Yeah, GunFun handled it just right, and I know you didn't imply otherwise, Stryker. The bike wasn't going anywhere at point. The only question at that point was who, if anybody, including GunFun, is going to end up in jail, the hospital, or the morgue. The most important thing is he kept his bike, stayed out of all three aforementioned places, and gave the cops some good evidence to go on.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update: 

Azure plead and will be sentenced on the 22nd. 66 mos for prior pending plus 22 for mine. Half of for GB in state =44 months - time served. He would be out then in aprox 43 months. I'd bet though there are other outstanding warrants which will be served at release.

The felon in possession of a firearm was part of the prior pending charge, so apparently he was not armed when I encountered him.

• Like 5