Silencerco, is an awesome company. Their sparrow is great.

I recently had a baffle strike in my sparrow, it was my fault, I forgot to use a spacer and my thread depth was too deep. I shipped them the can,and they put in a new core, threaded caps and everything but the serialized outter tube. And shipped it back the same day they received it,and included a new spacer . Didn't charge me anything. I'll be buying more of their products.

• Like 1

I just wish it was a little bigger

They have a six inch (6") version that is not noticeably louder without a means to measure decibels.

Well below OSHA minimum levels requiring hearing protection.

That's almost too quiet to believe. All I actually heard was the bolt. I'd really like to hear it on a .22.

I have a friend who bought a .22LR suppressor.

With Federal 40gr subsonic, all you hear in his bolt action Savage rifle is the click of the firing pin, in a sem-iauto Ruger SR22 all you hear is the *action cycle.

*That is to say, "when it cycled", it was a 50/50 PITA.  Maybe because the pistol was new and not broken in.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I recently had a baffle strike in my sparrow, it was my fault, I forgot to use a spacer and my thread depth was too deep. I shipped them the can,and they put in a new core, threaded caps and everything but the serialized outter tube. And shipped it back the same day they received it,and included a new spacer . Didn't charge me anything. I'll be buying more of their products.

I want to get one of their Ospreys.  Since 45 is already subsonic, no fussing with ammo.  I'm told that you can run 300blk (subs only) through one as well.  I just don't have the patience to wait a year and a half.  Fucking gov't extortion.  Since all the gov't is doing is making money off of this system, they may as well do it right.  I'd happily pay double to get my fukin stamp within 24 hours and I'm quite certain that there are many that would agree with me.

I want to get one of their Ospreys.  Since 45 is already subsonic, no fussing with ammo.  I'm told that you can run 300blk (subs only) through one as well.  I just don't have the patience to wait a year and a half.  Fucking gov't extortion.  Since all the gov't is doing is making money off of this system, they may as well do it right.  I'd happily pay double to get my fukin stamp within 24 hours and I'm quite certain that there are many that would agree with me.

You can run 300 subs through any Osprey model. Not much chance of a baffle strike with that much overbore.

There is another company which makes a multi cal rated can which is interesting for that combo http://libertycans.net/mystic/ - I double checked their ratings vs my recollection and noticed some weaseling though. i.e. .357 maximum rated for subsonic - so basically similar pressure to the other 9mm rounds, not rated for .357 maximum for real, but they make it sound as though it is. ditto for 308.

However, this one is FA rated for all 300 BO even out of a pistol length barrel.

I just got home from work and there was an email from Evan Kostreva, owner of OnPoint Firearms. I have no affiliation with his company and I am not soliciting for them, but he was advertising the Salvo for $1399 with videos of it in action as are here. Think I'll go with the boom stick the way it is and hope the noise scares the rest of the bad guys after they drag their buddy away. Silencer can't cut my lawn, but at least I'll get a drink holder with a new mower. Damn! Why am I so cheap?

Yikes! A total of $1700 bucks for a 12 gage Can? That sounds kinda $steep$ for me. $1400, plus $200, plus $100 for my local friendly nice, (and not cheap!) Class 3 Dealer to do all the stuff for me. I even think he still has three sets of low age fingerprint cards on file for me. I needed the fingerprint cards to get my three state RN licenses renewed.

I also would be interested if they would actually conduct scientifically valid sound reduction tests like Elite Iron did with their various Cans. Yep...that video sound of the guy shooting that shotgun with their can sounded too good to be true. Any proof of the pudding would have to be a scientific sound reduction test. Put up or shut up.

Or....loan one to my dealer so I can have demonstration fun with my S12? Now that would be cool.

HB of CJ (old coot) All US Code Laws And NFA Made Up Rules Apply

Yikes! A total of $1700 bucks for a 12 gage Can? That sounds kinda $steep$ for me. $1400, plus $200, plus $100 for my local friendly nice, (and not cheap!) Class 3 Dealer to do all the stuff for me. I even think he still has three sets of low age fingerprint cards on file for me. I needed the fingerprint cards to get my three state RN licenses renewed.

I also would be interested if they would actually conduct scientifically valid sound reduction tests like Elite Iron did with their various Cans. Yep...that video sound of the guy shooting that shotgun with their can sounded too good to be true. Any proof of the pudding would have to be a scientific sound reduction test. Put up or shut up.

Or....loan one to my dealer so I can have demonstration fun with my S12? Now that would be cool.

HB of CJ (old coot) All US Code Laws And NFA Made Up Rules Apply

If you have to pay your local c3 dealer $100 just to do business with you you may want to find a new dealer.

i need a 30cal, another 22, a 45  can, and now this. just waiting on the dillweeds to bring it back to 3 months....

I hear if you E-file  it may take less time

Don't think you can e file them right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish it was a little bigger

I just wish they would put the mic slightly forward of the can and fire it near something. A can may sound really quiet when the mic is slightly behind it out in the open while it is significantly louder when the mic is in slightly in front of it near a large object like a vehicle or wall. Sometimes they will even sound quieter when the mic is closer of the camera is far enough back from the can. Can videos rarely represent what you might expect in reality. I'm not saying the can doesn't smoke the current US made commercial offerings.... just saying I'd like to see some video taken in less than ideal conditions for the agenda of selling a can.

Here is a semi-decent example of what I am talking about with suppressors and mic angles....

When I drove truck back in my younger days, we were based out of Miami, although we live in San Diego.  Therefore, I was there quite often.  The weather there presented me with several fresh layers of hell.  Your vid reminded me of this Evl.

That said...  This is a great way to truly represent a can.  Good job!