Custom Gun Furniture by BattleRifle - The Next Generation

That sounds doable, but the Ace clamp on front site complicates things.

I can think of two ways this would work.

1.) You send me the metal part of your handguard that slides over the pin beneath the gas block. In fact, send me the whole handguard - I can use the rest and count it towards the price.

2.) You could go with a shorther length handguard with one of my integral no-gunsmithing retainers. A Galil style would be a one-piece solution.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright folks, I'm back from a brief hiatus and am once again able to do custom gun furniture work. My past work has involved a saga of innovations and frustrations, and the whole scope of dealings f

I'm still at it, but time available is less since I have a full time day job.   I'm not on any forums as much these days for the same reason. E-mail is the best way to reach me, though it sometimes

Posted Images

((2.) You could go with a shorther length handguard with one of my integral no-gunsmithing retainers. A Galil style would be a one-piece solution.)slotted of course,sounds Great,PM or E-mail with a price and I will get you a Us postal M.O out asap.

Thanks

Abomanog.

Edited by Abomanog

One response to a frequently asked question - The number of slots on the handguards is arbitrary. I have settled on doing three as a general rule, but can do a variety of numbers if specified. Lots of folks identify a handguard by the number of vents, when in the past I really haven't thought so much about the exact number.

If I didn't specify earlier in this thread, vents are generally a $10 option (that may go up eventually.) The reason they're less expensive to add to my handguards than others on this forum charge to vent your handguards is that it's much easier to do when the handguard is a straight block of wood and the vents can be marked as needed. They're actually one of the first things I do when I make a handguard. Taking a complete handguard and then venting it correctly requires a great deal more care and effort, which is why folks who vent buyer's handguards quite fairly charge in the neighborhood of $40.

Hi BR, i tried PM'ing you from another board awhile back not sure if you remember me...we were Talking about Doing a close Replica of a SVD Stockset w/handguards for a PSL . I see you did a beautiful set for Romakdaddy..

i Want a Custom Dragunov Set for my PSL. Please Email me direct JOEZETA@AOL.COM

if easier i can call you to briefly Discuss. Would like to place the order and send funds asap.

Thankyou!!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

What I am looking for is a QPG buttstock, like the one you made for DaGroaner, to fit my x39. No fancy woods or anything, because I will be painting it to match the remaing foregrip. I am inquiring about the price and shipping info for the payment.

Thanks

Robert.

A page or so back someone mentioned stocks for other types of rifles.

I was wondering (especialy on account of you screen name) if you had ever attempted any G3 wood.

Specificaly a wooden Namibian buttstock.

th_Namibian.jpg

JR

Edited by Rotor

Always trying new things.

One fellow was interested in grips for the G3 and was willing to be the first one. Turned out pretty well, but also helped find how to do them better next time.

post-6-1161139023_thumb.jpg

On somewhat of whim I picked up an unfamiliar wood called Jatoba. Made a few grips from it and boy is it tough. Strong woods tend to leave the smoothest surfaces, and this is definitely the case. Pics don't show that clearly enough. I started thinking these would be an excellent match for the weathered military teak of the Yugo AKs, being a bit more brown than the yellowish teak I can get, and after reading up on it, it seems Jatoba is often used as a substitute for teak. Harder to work with but much stronger and smoother in the end and less than half the price for material (unfortunately not that big a difference for the end product - but did I mention it's very smooth and strong?)

post-6-1161139267_thumb.jpg

Think I might be starting some G3 furniture come the new year. I can currently offer Jatoba as a wood choice, and do have enough on hand for a stock set or two.

• 2 weeks later...

A few works in progress:

A true Saiganov if there ever was one. Made from African Mahogany to fit the Saiga-308.

post-6-1162352798_thumb.jpg

A walnut stock for the Saiga-223, with a special accomodation for a bipod adaptor.

post-6-1162352829_thumb.jpg

And a very fine wood in a much cruder state - These are various pieces for AKM and Yugo AK made from redheart wood. As you can see, this stuff is really RED. The dust is very fine as this wood is very hard, and when I get it over mildly moist hands it looks like I started hunting season early.

post-6-1162352856_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not sure I get the hang of the new attachment feature yet.

This set is for a board member. Wanted a more sporting and less expensive thumbhole stock than my typical dragunov one. Also wanted a matching Galil style grip for switching to a folding stock. Wood is honduran mahogany, and the gun is a Saiga-12 (same pattern for Saiga-20.)

post-6-1170260685_thumb.jpg

This is a combination of red oak pieces that gave some rude surprises in their coloring. A dark finish would pretty much clear them up, and this set would of course be at significantly reduced price. It fits the Saiga-12 and 20.

post-6-1170260747_thumb.jpg

This is another second quality set. Either the wood had some rude surprises inside it or someone did a wild thermodynamics experiment with it in transit because it arrived with a few small cracks. These can be repaired mechanically and this set too would be sold at a reduced price. It fits the Saiga-410.

post-6-1170260754_thumb.jpg

And saving the best for last, this is one of the very last beech sets I'll be able to offer due to a cut off supply of the wood. I call this one the "Yugonov" because it combines a Dragunov-like handguard with a Yugo style fat grip and generally Yugo-looking buttstock. The buttstock is above straightline and this set would be an excellent match for a scoped Saiga rifle.

post-6-1170260734_thumb.jpg

I really like the looks of the stock set pictured unmounted about three pics down in the top of your post. It looks like a "qausi" pistol grip for an unconverted Saiga, but is different than the one pictured later (with the modified wrist). Does this stock fit a Norinco Hunter AK also? If you'd rather email your answer than post, my address is jmaconphillips@cablelynx.com

Quasi-P-Grip is exactly the term I use, QPG for short. The drastic inletting for the wrist is a target version upgrade.

I don't know how similar a stamped Norinco hunter is, but it may be a good match. If you'd be able to post a pic of your hunter's stock removed from the receiver and of the receiver rear up close, that would be a great help. And these pictures would be fine for all to see on this thread as far as I'm concerned.

Another great set for a great customer.

The buttstock is a sporting variation of my dragunov style that is simpler and less expensive, and is fitted with a buyer supplied limbsaver recoil pad. The handguard is the Schnabel 2000 style, vented as an option. The grip is an improved Galil style. The wood is honduran mahogany.

post-6-1170797771_thumb.jpg

Edited by BattleRifleG3