Custom Gun Furniture by BattleRifle - The Next Generation

Hickory stock set just completed, with Galil style handguard and QPG style stock. Not the most common combination, but a set I was happy to make.

Redheart furniture parts underway for Romy AKM and Yugo M70.

Another combination and view of a beech handguard for Saiga rifle and target enhanced QPG buttstock.

post-6-1172374586_thumb.jpg

post-6-1172374604_thumb.jpg

post-6-1172374628_thumb.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright folks, I'm back from a brief hiatus and am once again able to do custom gun furniture work. My past work has involved a saga of innovations and frustrations, and the whole scope of dealings f

I'm still at it, but time available is less since I have a full time day job.   I'm not on any forums as much these days for the same reason. E-mail is the best way to reach me, though it sometimes

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Something wierd and neat about cocobolo - it's almost self finishing. It seems the oil in the wood moves to the surface or some drying reaction occurs.

Before:

post-6-1171160180_thumb.jpg

After a couple weeks of just sitting there:

I am interested in the COCO BOLO stock set for my new Saiga 7.62 x 39 NOT converted. Pls e-mail price and availabilty.

Thank you in advance, Mac

Something wierd and neat about cocobolo - it's almost self finishing. It seems the oil in the wood moves to the surface or some drying reaction occurs.

Before:

post-6-1171160180_thumb.jpg

After a couple weeks of just sitting there:

Purple Heart is similar, although much quicker...usually 24 hours does the trick. Looks like shit when first machined, then it just blossoms....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Here are a few more pics. Some are the same as already posted, some are new. Some are for sale and will show up in the Available Furniture thread, others are custom orders for folks and are examples of what I can offer. Some pics are good, some don't do justice.

A walnut set for the 308 made for a forum member. Pic stinks, but I couldn't get any other spot for the moment.

post-6-1150679485_thumb.jpg

I want this - Please PM pricing. Thanks

Yes and no. Yes I've made furniture for the Romanian PSL. No I'm not ready to produce/take fresh orders, because I need to get myself a PSL to model the attachments correctly.

What I did for Romakdaddy was very much a cooperative project, and one I represent myself to be ready to make should have less effort required from the buyer.

If you're interested in a higher-than-normal maintenance purchase, let's talk.

'BattleRifleG3'

You do really beautiful work.

When I saw another of your combinations for one of the Saiga rifles (not sure if it was .308 or 7.62) but you had the buttstock, handgrip and handguard all made of wood.

Will this arrangement bolt right to the un-modified Saiga receiver or will I need to do something extra in order to get the handgrip?

Also I think you were quoting around $130 a set, but I wasn't sure if that was for a 2 piecie set or 3 piece set or?

I have the 7.62 carbine and want the 3 piece set (buttstock, handgrip and handguard). Do you offer it and if so can you give me a price?

I sent an email to you first, but then saw where you had a hotmail address, so I figured I would cover the bases and try to contact you one way or the other.

My email is nehrt@iquest.net.

Thanks,

louielouie ( I am a new member as of today).

• 1 month later...

A large number of orders are stacked up ready for an aggressive production run with what will hopefully prove to be a more efficient method. Things haven't been moving as fast as I had hoped, but two orders have just been completed and another two are close behind.

The first picture (if they appear in the right order) is made for the Saiga X39 and 223, featuring my modified version of the Saiga Rifle style handguard and a QPG stock using the factory Saiga buttplate. The second is a very special project, one I've been hoping to do for a while and now at last someone's decided to be the first. It's a full length one piece stock for a Saiga, and will include a new sporter style safety made by another board member. While a number of styles could be incorporated into this design, this one is intended to resemble the US mil style of the M14 and M1 Garand.

post-6-1176950481_thumb.jpg

post-6-1176950705_thumb.jpg

A large number of orders are stacked up ready for an aggressive production run with what will hopefully prove to be a more efficient method. Things haven't been moving as fast as I had hoped, but two orders have just been completed and another two are close behind.

The first picture (if they appear in the right order) is made for the Saiga X39 and 223, featuring my modified version of the Saiga Rifle style handguard and a QPG stock using the factory Saiga buttplate. The second is a very special project, one I've been hoping to do for a while and now at last someone's decided to be the first. It's a full length one piece stock for a Saiga, and will include a new sporter style safety made by another board member. While a number of styles could be incorporated into this design, this one is intended to resemble the US mil style of the M14 and M1 Garand.

funny....i had been thinking about the possiblity of a one piece (i have no skill for it though) but not thought it possible.....i see i was wrong!

The first picture (if they appear in the right order) is made for the Saiga X39 and 223, featuring my modified version of the Saiga Rifle style handguard and a QPG stock using the factory Saiga buttplate.

Woo-hoo! That's mah baby! I can hardly wait!

Thanks a gazillion!

Bill

Hi BRG3- thought I would post a couple pics of my rifle that you did the wood on in walnut.Still looks great but I wish I had done a better job on the finishing-hey,my first attempt! Saw a post on a walnut set and saw it said-'bad pic'- so I do not know if mine will help ,if it was my set in the pic.---

post-2841-1177341115_thumb.jpg

post-2841-1177341530_thumb.jpg

Dare I ask? Is that the one? It's going to look bee-yooti-ful in maple!

Doc V

Indeed it is. :D

I need a Handguard for my Saiga .223 in that Redheart color just like the one below but with a couple of vents in the side of it, can you make it for me?

I won't be using redheart in the future, but have a supply of padauk that would work very well for a similar color.

Can do that style with handguard vents. PM me if interested.

My beta version catalog is now available. It doesn't include prices, but includes an overview of styles and options.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=137180

Edited by BattleRifleG3

I'm often told I'm long winded. So I'll let the pictures do the talking.

First two pics: Yugo and AKM handguards, one in a Krinkov style

Third pic: More progress on the classic full length US Mil style stock for the Saiga-308.

Fourth pic: The latest generation of grips and wood choices. The lower three are actually available if anyone wants to buy them. I was planning on making a big for sale post when more items are done and ready, but interest is welcome. The ones at the top are either not done or belong to a set in progress.

The two grips on the upper right are a new style of mine, designed to resemble the popular but rare Izhmash grip found on some Russian Saigas. This version matches the standard AK grip angle and has a more aggressive lower "bill", which can be trimmed if preferred.

The wood of the grips on the bottom are hickory, deep stained hickory (an experiment), and lyptus. The wood of the grips at the top is jatoba, wenge, phillippine mahogany, and bubinga.

post-6-1177640231_thumb.jpg

post-6-1177640249_thumb.jpg

post-6-1177640280_thumb.jpg

post-6-1177640297_thumb.jpg

Edited by BattleRifleG3

I just got off the phone with Knoxx industries.

Thy informed me that they produce a compstock adaptor for standard factory wood stocks.

I was told a builder can purchase one of their kits and with some sanding / cutting of the factory wood stock on any ifle / shotgun the system would work. Thereby reducing the recoil by upwards of 90%.

Is it possible for you to design a thumbhole stock that can use such a system for a converted saiga? Can it possibly incorporate some of the design elements you have used in your extreme non-converted saige stock?

I live in CT where pistol grips on semiauto shotguns are banned.

The only problem I see with you now existing thumbhole is the cut out behind the lowest part of the grip. I have heard argument that that 1/4" of wood removed can be considered "protruding conspicuously" Dont sand that part and you are ct compliant.

Couple more items completed.

First is a reworking of a S-12 handguard made from hickory. This style is an attempt to simulate the AK handguard style in a one-piece form. I'm currently working on a new version of this style that emphasizes the lower handguard styling more and the faux upper less.

Second is a stretched Galil style handguard with integral retainer for the Saiga-308. It uses a buyer supplied rail. I am not confident in a rail-on-wood setup for any level of precision, so this wouldn't be useful for laser sites, but it's plenty firm enough for foregrips, flashlights, sling attachments, and other non-accuracy related items.

post-6-1178157903_thumb.jpg

post-6-1178157927_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the first group progress pics with more to come. You'll notice that the machining stages for fitting come first, and then on some items there's some basic contouring before they start to take a smoother shape under shaping tools.

Some folks here may recognize their orders, but this pic is not all inclusive. There are several more sets that are at the same stages that just didn't fit into the picture at the moment.

post-6-1179312394_thumb.jpg

post-6-1179312464_thumb.jpg

post-6-1179312523_thumb.jpg

I am thoroughly amazed at the work you do! I sent you a PM, but incase you don't get it here's the contents:

can I have a price on a two piece set?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=11422

I would want the butt-stock sans rubber pad, and a standard forend (as close to looking stock as you can get it) with sling swivel stud (going to use a harris bipod). I would want these in a deep red wood (whichever looks good and is cheaper). Oh yea, this is for a unmodified Saiga .223. I'm assuming that because there's no PG here there's no 922r problems

Edited by Peanuckle