Custom Gun Furniture by BattleRifle - The Next Generation

Lighting angle turned out pretty bad, so it really doesn't do it justice, but I just completed this Galil style handguard for the standard length S-12.

It's already claimed, but I expect there to be more. Give me a shout if you want one.

can you mount that on an S-12 so i can get an idea of what it looks like installed?

Also, if we send you the wood, can you do it out of that? i have some pretty nice exotic that i'd like to have a set made out of.

Thanks

caspian

I can work with buyer supplied wood, and will try to get pics up when I can borrow a friend's S-20. I don't have an S-12 myself.

I got some kick ass yellow pine 2X4's from when I tore down my shed. I'll get them off to you today. :lolol:

Seriously, the vented fore end is bad ass. How long is the wait once the order is placed? I'm sure you have quite a few now.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright folks, I'm back from a brief hiatus and am once again able to do custom gun furniture work. My past work has involved a saga of innovations and frustrations, and the whole scope of dealings f

I'm still at it, but time available is less since I have a full time day job.   I'm not on any forums as much these days for the same reason. E-mail is the best way to reach me, though it sometimes

Posted Images

I am thoroughly amazed at the work you do! I sent you a PM, but incase you don't get it here's the contents:

can I have a price on a two piece set?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=11422

I would want the butt-stock sans rubber pad, and a standard forend (as close to looking stock as you can get it) with sling swivel stud (going to use a harris bipod). I would want these in a deep red wood (whichever looks good and is cheaper). Oh yea, this is for a unmodified Saiga .223. I'm assuming that because there's no PG here there's no 922r problems

Would this be closer to what you're looking for?

post-4911-1177244114.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress pics, some by request, some by impulse.

Many other sets are in comparable stages of completion.

These include:

A cocobolo set with veprov handguard and military dragunov style buttstock

Two jatoba sets with the S4 style handguard and target enhanced QPG buttstocks

A red oak set with a Saiga rifle style handguard, AKM style buttstock (enlarged for Saiga factory buttplate), and grooved ergo style grip

post-6-1181602686_thumb.jpg

post-6-1181602696_thumb.jpg

post-6-1181602760_thumb.jpg

post-6-1181602776_thumb.jpg

I'm strongly hoping to have about 80% of the sets pictured above out by the end of the month.

I do have to apologize to many people for the delays. A very high number of orders came in over a very short time a few months ago.

Example - I give five quotes, including ETA. Normally 1/5 or so would buy. In this case it was closer to 4/5.

The later summer and early fall is looking to be a little more normal.

BRG3

I'd like to put some wood on my .308 Saiga. How much would it cost me to get an ergo style Pistol Grip, A2 style Stock, and possibly one of the stock saiga wooden forends?

please email me at mp3278@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Brain3278

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Correct, the answer is no. I photochopped that picture into a version that would work the way you requested and people absolutely hated it.

I'm generally uninclined to make t-hole or p-grip stocks for unconverted Saigas due to ergonomics and legal grey matter. The lowdown on the black synth drag stock for an unconverted Saiga is that it IS a p-grip by the criteria that the thumb isn't entirely above the trigger, but it is "sporting" so it's ok on an imported gun.

It wouldn't take anything at all for them to call something "unsporting" just because they don't like them, so I try to avoid the possibility and stick to items with no questionability of their 922R compliance.

• 5 weeks later...

BRG3,

I sent this in one of my emails which may have gotten blocked, or perhaps you quite understandably didn't have time to respond, but if you get a moment some time, I'm curious if there are particular dimensions that would be required in the base wood...obviously with your workload you wouldn't be able to take an order from me this year, but if I knew an approximate size, I could get a chunk of an exotic to make into an s-12 furniture set (stock, p-grip, foreend). Anyway, that's it, just curious.

cheers!