Not a Saiga, but this is my newest addition. It's Zastava PAP M85 .223 pistol. This one has the factory magazine adapter to use AR magazines. I have a bunch of accessories in route to turn this into a usable pistol.

SB 47 Arm brace

Stormwerkz scope mount rail

Attach rail to front hand guard (for light)

Light

Red dot sight

I also plan on refinishing the wood on the front hand guard. I have some of the parts ordered but it'll take a little while to finish it up. I'll post photos as it progresses.

A237BEDB-75BD-4250-8062-76EDE40FE909.jpg

Here is a pic of mine. Refinished handguards with red chestnut. Came out pretty good and the grain shows through very well. Hoping to get an sb47 for it soon. Glad I got the .223 considering everything that is going on.

2zzqgwl.jpg

Don't know why the pic is sideways. It's not in the original.

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109
  • Like 3

Here it is:

auuk41.jpg

Wait, wrong one.  Here you go: 

2gue6is.jpg

I haven't had the opportunity to do anything to it yet but it's comin'.  First I plan on getting a Sigbrace while I figure out the best way to SBR, next is replacing the front handguards and then getting a light.  Sometime after that I want to get a red-dot mounted.

The easiest (and cheapest) way to add rails. I picked up two short Magpul MOE rails. The rails have backing plates with screws. Put the screws through the holes in the rail and just barely start the screws into the threaded hole of the backing plates. Lift off the top handguard and put the rails in place. The screws will fit through the slotted holes of the handguard. Put the top handguard back on and tighten the rail screws, align the rails in place as you tighten. The backing plates will wedge the rails in place. I can't take credit for this trick. I remembered seeing this done on a Draco pistol awhile back. The light in the photos is one I had on another firearm. I just put it on because I had it on hand. I'm thinking about going with one of the combination light/laser handgun lights in the future.

82D00514-B76A-4690-B623-89FBC185011E.jpg

64844975-A0BF-43BC-806A-8707343DEF80.jpg

42A003EB-350A-48E3-A61A-9D3BC4D2FC07.jpg

• Like 4

I went with the same sling plate but not before getting the yp version that goes between receiver and grip. Now i can swap the sig brace for the standard plate if i want it as compact as possible. Gotta love these mini aks lol!

post-46523-0-88844600-1406653084_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-11998700-1406653139_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-41722900-1406653178_thumb.jpg

Edited by LuPiN8oR

That Echo 93 sling mount fixes all my concerns.  Thanks!

ETA: Did you guys need to use a longer pistol grip screw than factory-issue with that Magpul grip?

Edited by Jon_L

I used RPK rails on my upper and guard and modified them to fit into the wood. I like the magpul idea better. Not mods. 

image_zps053d3418.jpg

Ended up painting it and went with a different hand guard. Just need a PA micro dot mount. 

image_zpsa9e3ef1b.jpg

There's a company that makes a rail piece for the top cover but I don't remember who does it... I'm wanting to go that route with that handguard, AZG.  Does it work well?  It's only like, $55.

Stormwerks makes the top cover rail you're talkin about, and a couple other ppl too.

Great pics, guys. I'm planning on using the Stormwerkz rail on mine. Once my piggy bank fills back up some I'll be getting it and a red dot for it.

I used RPK rails on my upper and guard and modified them to fit into the wood. I like the magpul idea better. Not mods. 

image_zps053d3418.jpg

Ended up painting it and went with a different hand guard. Just need a PA micro dot mount. 

image_zpsa9e3ef1b.jpg

Who makes that cheek rest? Do you like it?

There's a company that makes a rail piece for the top cover but I don't remember who does it... I'm wanting to go that route with that handguard, AZG.  Does it work well?  It's only like, $55.

Its Manticore arms actually. yes, works ok, no testing under fire so far. too hot right now. yes only 55 for the polymer and more for the metal. top cover comes out sometime later on. 

Stormwerks makes the top cover rail you're talkin about, and a couple other ppl too.

Great pics, guys. I'm planning on using the Stormwerkz rail on mine. Once my piggy bank fills back up some I'll be getting it and a red dot for it.

image_zps053d3418.jpg

image_zpsa9e3ef1b.jpg

Who makes that cheek rest? Do you like it?

Its a Vepr 12 stock. Cheek piece is integrated. Vepr 12 and or RPK rear trunnion. 

yes, I like a longer length of pull so I enjoy it very much. Angle is nice too. Seems a bit long for some. 

• Like 1

^^now thats somethin you could market! Howd you go about doing that?

And voonman, i noticed that too. A week ago or so i contemplated grabbing another and checked slickguns--alot of places were listed as in stock but when you actually clicked go to site--gone.

The first one i made i welded a solid semicircle on top of the sight. then used a dremel to shape it and even it out. Then i put it in a drill press vise and using some digital calipers, and the initial notch of the sight, lined it up to drill. I started small and worked my way up to a 9/64th (I think) on the 200m side. This gave a nice ghost ring around the front hood. I went smaller on the 400m side, thinking that it would be a little more precise.  The others I made were the same process I just made the semi circle an arch so as not to have to drill so much.

^^now thats somethin you could market! Howd you go about doing that?

And voonman, i noticed that too. A week ago or so i contemplated grabbing another and checked slickguns--alot of places were listed as in stock but when you actually clicked go to site--gone.

Its strange how things work..obama banned the importation of russian guns...and sometimes the most desired non russian AKM type rifles become scarce.

Edited by voonman