A gun story written by someone who knows absolutely NOTHING about guns.  Try and read this without laughing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/beretta-super-rifle-104303433.html

Beretta’s New Super Rifle

Beretta's website carried an announcement that the ARX100 is "shipping now." Beretta markets the rifle as "Italian Design -- American Built." Regardless of its origins, the gun is unusually powerful.

Beretta marketers announced:

The ARX100 was engineered with one purpose in mind: to be today's best tactical semiauto rifle. It takes the concept of a modular rifle to futuristic levels, while maintaining an absolutely simple operation that make it ultra-reliable. With ambidextrous controls, easily-replaceable barrel and virtually endless possibilities for customization and accessorization, the ARX100 is adaptable to any firing scenario and is perfect for today's most demanding tactical shooter.

In common usage, "tactical shooter" is one of the descriptions of video game features.

The rifle is remarkably sturdy, according the Beretta:

The ARX100 features a constant contact/short-stroke gas piston system that makes it feed and fire under the most unforgiving conditions. The lightweight technopolymer receiver allows for reliable operation with virtually no lubricants. To make maintenance easy and trouble-free, this rifle has no pins and can be completely disassembled in a matter of seconds with no tools at all.

And maybe most important of all, the ARX100 is reasonably priced at $1,950, which does not include bullets.

For the real gun lover, the ARX100 is available at hundreds of locations, as this helpful search tool at the Beretta website shows.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Regardless of its origins, the gun is unusually powerful.

No, it's not. Now, if it was in .416 Rigby, THAT would be "unusually powerful!"   :D

Is even possible to make a semi-auto rifle in .416?  :wacko:

• Like 1

the ARX100 is adaptable to any firing scenario and is perfect for today's most demanding tactical shooter.

In common usage, "tactical shooter" is one of the descriptions of video game features.

What?  eyes_droped.gif 

• Like 1

No, it's not. Now, if it was in .416 Rigby, THAT would be "unusually powerful!" :D

Is even possible to make a semi-auto rifle in .416? :wacko:

Of course it's possible. Anything is possible.

That thing looks like a prop for the next Starship Troopers movie.  It's got more plastic than a case of Tupperware.

MAC did a review of it and other than the switchable ejection there is nothing about it that interests me.

• Like 2

No, it's not. Now, if it was in .416 Rigby, THAT would be "unusually powerful!"   biggrin.png

Is even possible to make a semi-auto rifle in .416?  wacko.png

Now that would leave a markbig_smile.gif

I dont need any Italian tupper ware

I pass

PS.... CRAP TOO LATE...I have a NOVAhaha.gif

I think it looks neat- especially if you have a fast swap barrel/can combo. Not $2k neat, but I'd still like to try one.

side note- "Technopolymer" sounds like a DJ name. "Tactical Shooter" can be the one original popular track that he remixes 50 different times to milk it out.

• Like 2

No, it's not. Now, if it was in .416 Rigby, THAT would be "unusually powerful!"   biggrin.png

Is even possible to make a semi-auto rifle in .416?  wacko.png

How about 416 Barret? Those may come semi-auto!

Edited by G O B

Have you guys seen disassembly of this rifle? It's over complicated, the grip cannot be changed, IIRC, only works with certain mags... It really isn't anything special. Aside from a quick change barrel assembly, it has nothing over the AR.

I love you guys! Things to separate a fool and his money will never cease to amaze me. A dumbass acquaintance of mine got raped on the .22 version and thinks he can swap barrels haha.gif

Of course he can. I have the specialty barrel to swap into the 22 version. Just gotta send me a bunch of cash and the rifle and I'll do the swap myself 000.gif

The barrel swap is cool....as soon as you can get different barrels I might be game...Buddy of mine just picked one hope to fondle it soon...lol kinda looks like a cross between a xm8 and a tavor.

That's what I thought they were going for when I seen it.

I mean he got the 22 version and thinks he can do the conversion like the 5.56 model, which is not correct is it?

I love you guys! Things to separate a fool and his money will never cease to amaze me. A dumbass acquaintance of mine got raped on the .22 version and thinks he can swap barrels haha.gif

Of course he can. I have the specialty barrel to swap into the 22 version. Just gotta send me a bunch of cash and the rifle and I'll do the swap myself 000.gif

It's what you get when non gun people make reviews.. obviously clueless..

'unusually powerful'  ?? really?  More than any firearm in history, i bet..  biggrin.png  BTW, what caliber is this 'unusually powerful gun?'

'today's most demanding tactical shooter'   021.gif   How about it, guys?  How demanding are you?  Or are you a REAL 'tactical shooter?'   laugh.png 

'the ARX100 is reasonably priced at $1,950, which does not include bullets'  blink.png What??!?  No bullets??!!  021.gif   What's the point, then, of buying this stupid gun if it doesn't even come with bullets!  rolleyes.gif 

NO mention of calibers, barrel length, weight, or normal specs that gun people look for.. just a 'powerful, futuristic gun!!'     Man, if i were a liberal, i'd run out & buy one of them suckers, just to show ol' bubba i can be higher tech than he is!  

• Like 1