OK, you live in Phoenix, Az. you should know and expect that it gets blast furnace hot there,  every year, so it's not something new. even I know it gets up in the triple digits there and I'm in the frozen NE.

kinda remind of a lot of people that live here in NE Ohio, every winter it's freezing cold and snows, but to a lot of them who live here for decades they act surprise about that commenting like "damn it's cold outside".  duh yeah, it's fricken winter in NE Ohio what do you expect, sunshine and 80 degrees?  

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

You nailed me Hopkins.  Clearly this post shows that I am surprised that it's hot.  That after being here 20 years I still walk outside every day expecting snow.

After all, nobody every commented on the weather just to make conversation.

So if you don't want to participate in a conversation about the weather I don't know why you clicked a thread about the weather.

As far as migrating, my employer has this funny policy about not paying me if I'm not at work.  And yes, I do plan to get the hell out of Hell.  But my job is pretty specialized and my employer makes it worth my while to stay for now.

And all of that doesn't disqualify me from commenting that it's hot.

I just thought this place could use a little conversation that didn't involve gun and ammo bans.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Darth said it. "Hot" doesn't even begin to describe the skin blistering heat here. It is almost 9:00 pm in "Snottsdale" on the east side of Phoenix, just east of "Parasite" Valley (locals will get those references) and my pool water is over 90 degrees! I can't believe that people settled here before refrigeration and even before evap cooling. I hear the pioneers used to sleep outside on their roofs covered in wet sheets so the evaporation could provide a few degrees of cooling relief at night. I once heard a comedian say riding a motorcycle with a helmet hear is like wearing a crock pot set to simmer on your head!

• Like 1

High of 68 here today.

I love the Pacific Northwest in the summer. Winter too for that matter.

I was out there last July for job. I think it was about 110 outside and even hotter inside the plant we were working.

Thought I was gonna die.

I don't know how you live in that.

It was however nice in green valley in January at 70 degrees when more than half the US was below zero.

I guess everything is a trade off at some level.

You nailed me Hopkins.  Clearly this post shows that I am surprised that it's hot.  That after being here 20 years I still walk outside every day expecting snow.

After all, nobody every commented on the weather just to make conversation.

So if you don't want to participate in a conversation about the weather I don't know why you clicked a thread about the weather.

As far as migrating, my employer has this funny policy about not paying me if I'm not at work.  And yes, I do plan to get the hell out of Hell.  But my job is pretty specialized and my employer makes it worth my while to stay for now.

And all of that doesn't disqualify me from commenting that it's hot.

I just thought this place could use a little conversation that didn't involve gun and ammo bans.

Its been in the 90s here  @6500feet

The recent rain did a lot to chill us out

I saw AZ got a bit as well.

darth I assume you shoot some at Rio Salado, i love to camp at the small RV park right across the street from the range.

Mid summer in your town is just TOO brutal for me.

But I show up at Goodguys nats in the fall.

And shoot the SMM3gun

And used to race the world finals with my drag boat over in mesa at Firebird raceway.

I know your neck of the woods a bit.

Winters you are in T shirts shooting while the folks up north are yanking the strings on their snowblowers.

Its 10 oclock  and 70 here

Also enjoy chasing lizzards around in the desert.

116 today.  Second day in a row of record high temperatures.  My AC is set to 80 and it hasn't stopped running all day.

Guess global warming is real.

Uhh, no! Lived there when a kid , stationed at Luke AFB. My flip flops stuck to and tore off my feet on the asphalt, turn on the cold water and it was already hot.

Has not been over 100 here in Texas yet this summer. Last week the high one day was 64 and it was in the 70's for that week. Different but very nice.

La Niña or El Niño which every the hell messcan name their calling it. It'll be a wet fall here too.

116 today.  Second day in a row of record high temperatures.  My AC is set to 80 and it hasn't stopped running all day.

Guess global warming is real.

Get your tent and take a trip to MT. I slept outside last night in 50 degree starlight. It was a good recharge. We had 90's for a few days in a row. Might hit 80s this week end. Currently 09:12, 72% humidity, partly cloudy, 59f.

Funny thing happened when I got off my lazy ass and lost about 100 pounds, damn summer got cooler... a lot cooler.

Winter got colder though but it is easy to stay warm if you use your head.

Not saying this applies to anyone but myself, but damn the summer weather is soooo much easier now.

All I can say to you guys in the western deserts, be very glad the humidity is low. At least sweating actually works.

• Like 3

I think the northwestern states have the best overall climate. I like it here in FL in the winter, but the rest of the year its so humid that you do not want to be outside at all. These last two months have been non stop rain followed by scorching sun where you can see the water evaporating from the pavement.

Why Was There No Human Civilization Before Previous Ice Ages?

Because it was too damn hot and it takes ice to make a margarita.

Purchased a bottle of this Tequila recently to see if it meets the hype. Billy Gibbons pronounced it “the best damn tequila you’ve ever tasted.”

http://cdn.theportablebarcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pura-vida-tequila.jpg

• Like 1

I think the northwestern states have the best overall climate. I like it here in FL in the winter, but the rest of the year its so humid that you do not want to be outside at all. These last two months have been non stop rain followed by scorching sun where you can see the water evaporating from the pavement.

First thing I hear from people coming back from the rainy side of the mountains is how depressing the weather turned out to be.

Of course the dry side isnt too bad at all just have to like deserts.

Why Was There No Human Civilization Before Previous Ice Ages?

Because it was too damn hot and it takes ice to make a margarita.

Purchased a bottle of this Tequila recently to see if it meets the hype. Billy Gibbons pronounced it “the best damn tequila you’ve ever tasted.”

http://cdn.theportablebarcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pura-vida-tequila.jpg

Not bad just hard to find here.

Civilization is ice.

...imagine that..

Darth saigus

Employer : Satan.

Interests: Intermediate to large caliber rifles

...sounds like the liberal's boogeyman if ya ask me!

Edited by LuPiN8oR

Ugh.... That's DAMN hot...

I don't wanna hear the pro-cons of the thermodynamic efficiency of such things (I'm already well versed) but I've seriously considered a "swamp cooler" in the bedrooms for temps like that. 80F is too hot for this fat boy to sleep right.

Something like that might help your nuggets from melting, Darth...

I've also considered building an awning for my AC unit to keep it out of the sun more than once. My A/C bills are crazy here when we get to the mid-90s for a few months (this summer has been VERY mild for us and I'm very happy about that).