good flash hider for x39

Believe it or not, the Tapco M16 birdcage Flash hider (threaded 14x1 L) is incredibly cheap and efficient.  There was a youtube video comparing them and it was eye opening.  As far as breaks go,  Tri-Delta comp is reasonable and works well.  I had one on my 300 Blackout, and it cut recoil jump by more than 50%.  It comes in 14x1 L, also.  If my Saiga is threaded, I plan on getting one again.

Edited by imarangemaster

SHIPWRECK,

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR STRAIGHT FLASH HIDING, NOTHING BEATS SMITH ENTERPRISES VORTEX.

I HAVE MOUNTED ONE ON EACH OF FOUR CENTURY C-39 PISTOLS WITH 11.375" BARRELS AND EVEN WITH RUSSIAN BARNAUL AMMO, ALL YOU GET IS TWO OR THREE SPARKS.

I HAVE A BUDS MICRO C-39 THAT I'M WORKING ON, WITH A 6.5" BARREL, AND HAVE ALSO MOUNTED A VORTEX ON IT.

WITH THE FACTORY BIRDCAGE, IT HAD, LITERALLY, A BEACHBALL-SIZED MUZZLE FLASH, WITH BARNAUL.

WITH THE VORTEX AND BARNAUL IT'S MAYBE 3-4" IN DIAMETER AND 6-8" LONG.

WITH 29 YEAR OLD PMC AND NEW WINCHESTER, IT'S JUST A VERY SMALL PINK FURBALL.

FOR BOTH RECOIL REDUCTION AND FLASH SUPRESSION, I LIKE THE PRIMARY WEAPONS FSC-47.

I HAVE THEM ON BOTH 'X39 AK'S, AND 'X54R VEPR'S.

CUTS 'X39 RECOIL ALMOST TO 5.56 LEVEL, AND 'X54R RECOIL TO ALMOST TO 'X39 LEVEL.

JUST A VERY FEW SPARKS OUT THE FRONT, AND THAT'S WITH BARNAUL, IN BOTH CALIBERS.

MAY HAVE TO TRY THE FSC-47 ON THE PISTOLS ONE OF THESE DAYS, JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

ALSO HAVE AN FSC-30, WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY GO ON A 556R, WHEN I GET TIME.

JESS1344

There is a big difference between the flash from a 6" barrel AK pistol and a 16" Saiga.  That's like comparing the mileage of Shell and Cheveron gas, using a motorcycle for one and a F150 Ford for the other. Apples and oranges. 

Never heard of 1/2x36 but YHM makes the phantom in 14mmLh which is standard ak47 thread pattern.

I think there phantom silencer QD mount is the best in the industry for heavy carbine type use

Never heard of 1/2x36 but YHM makes the phantom in 14mmLh which is standard ak47 thread pattern.

I think there phantom silencer QD mount is the best in the industry for heavy carbine type use

Thanks for the info. I managed to find the right one (YHM-28-AK#) after a bit of digging. When I looked in the 7.62x39 section, they only listed comps/hiders threaded to fit their barrels (1/2"-36).

Phantom Birdcage on mine.

I love the YHM flash comps on my ARs, but never thought about getting one for the AK platform. Does your front sight block have 1/2"-36 threads or did you use an adapter of some type?

Factory threaded barrel, 14x1 LH

Available from CSS, http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/dph-ak47-phantom.htm

http://youtu.be/QfCZpV9GLqA

Ok , link to the vid, I think they are $150.

http://www.lantac-usa.com/

Anybody tried one of these?? Called the dragon! Video of AK in full auto.

Heck, it might be a good brake/comp.

But I can tell ya from the pic on the homepage & video that its a fire breathing dragon.

Whoops that didn't work, bit much to ask it to do both.