I thought I ask everyone to do some digging.  I would like to see what everyone looked like when they first entered the service.  I don't care is you were in the United States Marine Corps, United States Navy, United States Air Force, United States Army, United States Coast Guard, or any other branch. Lets see what we looked like way back when. If you have a retirement picture that would be AWESOME TOO so everyone can see a before and after pic.

Please post: 1) picture and list your age at the time, 2) The service you were or are in, 3) what month and year it was taken, and 4) how long you served for. 5) OPTIONAL is your retirement picture if you have one and care to post it. 

....I'll go first!!

1) 22yrs old.

2) USMC

3) July/Aug 2000

4) Currently 14-1/2 years in and plan on retiring at 20.

10460989_10204450174520264_2808201205672

The first service picture of me is at Edson Range in boot camp.  That would have been Sep 1980.  The one in the dress blues was just before graduation in Nov.  I was 17 when I went to boot camp and still 17 when I graduated.  I was the second youngest in the platoon.

post-4831-0-44140700-1406520155.jpg

post-4831-0-04222200-1406520162.jpg

• Like 4

I joined Soph. year in high school. I could not find my silly photo as I think we all threw them away. We had lice in our platoon before initial boot camp in processing. We lost our hair and eyebrows. Freaking A! Got rid of the itch. Quicker than the chemicals they issued to rid yourself of the critters. Looked like that nut case in Arizona who was brainwashed into killing a federal judge with an issued glock.

I did find one photo from AIT that I attended after boot camp. It was a split option training. It was just like going to boot camp twice and I don't suggest it to anybody. Boot in the summer 8 weeks, go back to school and feel really out of place. Graduate and go back to the hell you once knew. Round two Advanced Infantry training was another 8 weeks and then you went to jump school, AA and the church.

Joined at 17 in 95.

Played the game for 4 years.

Bit the bullet for 2.

Inactive Reserve status and hiding from the feds in Montana ever since. smile.png

Hooah mother fuckers! Bite the bullet! Embrace the SUCK!

A great thanks to all of you who served no matter what you did. We are all one. A team.

post-24315-0-33264500-1406574028_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great thread Gunny,

My O'l pappy was in the US NAVY during the Korean War. I think he joined in 49. He is still with us but near the end.

Two of my brothers have served in the Army.

One a ranger during the Panama conflict.

The other just hit 30 years in and deployed last month to the sand box for his third time over there. Afghanistan this time.

I never made it in.

Words cannot express my gratitude to all who have served and are currently serving in the United States armed forces. All the brave men and women and their families who support them.

All I can say is,

THANK YOU

• Like 1

One of those things i would do once at a time too young to know better.

Almost ended up in the Navy nuke program, so glad I dodged that one though the very lengthy training was absolutely excellent. 

Aircraft were more fun than subs and carriers anyway.

• Like 1

WI Army National Guard, Age 18, 19 Feb 86 - 19 Feb 92, +2 IRR.  67V10 Observation Helicopter Repairman/Crew Chief/Aerial Observer, and 76Y10 Unit Armorer. 

Basic at lost in the woods.  Sgt. Strahn reminded me of Sgt. Slaughter from WWF.

post-46782-0-60908600-1406591973_thumb.jpg

post-46782-0-04936700-1406592012.jpg

• Like 1

Pictures are at my parents house, but currently serving in the usaf. Came in at 20 in 2008, signed a 6 year contract and coming up on the end of it in 4 months. I feel that I chose the wrong branch. I can't stand the af, but I don't regret serving.