Killed before I could get Harry on the phone

Had a killing over the weekend, don’t worry it was the death of a thug sent to do harm to others. There are some parts of this where the truth may never be known. I took part in the killing but someone else finished the thug off before he could be questioned.

It was late in the afternoon Saturday and the sun was low in the sky. The dogs let us know something was not right when the wife went to look I went for a gun, a shotgun. Seems like the intended victim was sweet little Diamond the yellow lab mix in the front yard, but when confronted the would be killer tried to hid in some leaves under a bush by the house. From here it gets ugly real ugly so don’t let the under 21 group keep reading.

The wife acted like she was trying to help me get a bead on the culprit by shining a flashlight on him, from the movement of the light beam he had to be about 17 feet long. Now I’m thinking I should have brought more guns and ammo but I step up and prepare to fire. Wait not so fast there’s the Bear (black lab mix) in the line of fire behind the fence and the bush. I reposition myself more to the left and closer to the bushwhacker so all the blast from the shot will be going more down with little or no chance of any ricochet getting the Bear. Still while firing the shot my eyes are on the Bear not the bead on the gun or the killer before me. The shot is a spectacular show of marksmanship pretty much a clean miss, but the force of the blast blows the squat assassin out of his hiding spot a renders him unconscious. Now belly up he can be clearly seen his diamond back pattern isn’t hiding him in the leaves now. He’s a little less than the original guess of 17 feet about 15 feet less.

Now I’m generally against torture but I’m thinking to myself how do you water board a rat of a rattlesnake. On his back tilted back or on his stomach tilted up. I realize I don’t speak snake so I need to get Harry Potter on the phone to translate. Now the plot thickens the wife suddenly appears with a shovel and with one ninja like thrust the rattler is now headless.

While normally this would seem normal but the wife has spent a lot of time out doing yard work with her accomplice by the ever suspicious roaster Speckles. It’s well known in the yard Diamond has killed roosters in the past so was this a revenge plot and was the wife’s action for safety or to silence a rat of a rattlesnake, we may never know.

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 2

Yeah the 15 footers are getting a little scarce around here lately.

The way the light was moving wasn’t a lot of help narrowing the location down, wife wasn’t jiggling out of fear it was the damn flashlight kept going off and on so she was smacking it to get it to light. I couldn’t see the damn snake (I knew it was a little one from the sound and rough location) and she can’t shoot worth a damn so I fired at the place under the bush that it was suppose to be, close but no cigar.

Now I understand why Ray Charles was never a big skeet shooter.

Years ago we got a lot of them that ran 5 foot easy, now over the past few years about everything we’ve run into has been less than 3 feet.

Of course we’re not out looking for them, the only ones we see are the ones that show up in the fenced dog yard when there’s a dog out too. Wag has killed 2 out there in the last couple of years got tagged by one and shotgun shells are cheap compared to vet bills.

The other thing this did is make me think about putting a light on the gun so I’m not just blasting leaves under bushes.