I did something crazy with my S308. Put a gun ON MY GUN!!!

This was more of a "I'm bored so let's see if I can actually make his work" sort of project.

I debated putting a forward pistol grip on my Saiga 308 carbine (it's a battle rifle config), but over the last year I have become quite a fan of 26.5mm flare launchers. I own an actual H&K P2A1, several polish knockoffs, and one of the nice Czech rifle launchers.

Long story short, I custom milled a set of 30mm scope rings, mounted them to the rail on my Tapco forearm, and made myself a pistol grip that also launches 26.5mm rounds.

I know it's ridiculous, but it actually works pretty well, and I like the new functionality.

Thoughts?

I had nowhere to host mine awhile back, but I tried Photobucket. Works fine for me. Upload, copy image location, click "image" in this reply box, paste image URL, and you're done. Just to help in the future, and it does come in handy for troubleshooting, etc. Nothing against you, but I typically don't just hand out info to anyone. 000.gif   Aside from that, I would still love to see it, but no problem if you don't wanna go through the trouble.

This is how it is done

1D727FCA-B8E9-4008-84D2-C41BEAACC1A4_zps

On the right side of the pic on Photo Bucket are 4 boxes you can click on, click on the bottom one.

Then "paste" it in you thread.

O Yea, look good.

Edited by RED333

I have a large inventory of flares and smoke, but have considered making my own rounds.

I do not think that is a wise idea, 3 letter guys might not like it to much.

I have a large inventory of flares and smoke, but have considered making my own rounds.

I do not think that is a wise idea, 3 letter guys might not like it to much.

just dont make anything that could be lethal and youll be safe

Fear not. If I were to dabble in ATF-governed rounds I would get all required licenses, pay fees, etc.

I was referring to home-made smoke, paint rounds (for target practice), etc.

I have also considered registering it as a destructive device so I can use a conventional 12 ga adapter and shoot dragons breath, breaching rounds, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did crazier.

saiga60_2.jpg

I used the dovetail-picatinny adapters included with a terrible ncstar red dot to attach a marlin 60 on an AK side rail to picatinny top rail converter mount. It had a side mount that I put a slightly less terrible red dot on, since you can't quite get an eye between the stocks. I was planning to try firing the marlin in this configuration, but figured if I fired the Saiga, the Marlin would fall off and get damaged. I wound up disassembling this insanity before the sun rose, though.

• Like 1

I did crazier.

saiga60_2.jpg

I used the dovetail-picatinny adapters included with a terrible ncstar red dot to attach a marlin 60 on an AK side rail to picatinny top rail converter mount. It had a side mount that I put a slightly less terrible red dot on, since you can't quite get an eye between the stocks. I was planning to try firing the marlin in this configuration, but figured if I fired the Saiga, the Marlin would fall off and get damaged. I wound up disassembling this insanity before the sun rose, though.

do you have a buddy gecko45??

• 3 months later...

Now a big paint ball would be a hoot, it would hurt a bit more, but fun to loob at the other team.

They make several things like that. Here's mine:

gallery_17871_1391_2853814.jpg

gallery_17871_1391_1657632.jpg

It's a Scepter. They had fitment kits for weaver rail, or direct mount for most of the p.b. guns from circa 2005. Also a standalone stock. Mine came with spyder mounting hardware which is a joke, and also why I got a deal on it. I haven't had time to machine the universal gas line adapter, but all the stuff has been in the box waiting for me to do that. I plan to get one of those QD monolithic scope mounts and machine it into a QD pic mount for this. I got it a couple of weeks before finding out I was accepted to law school, so it's just been taking up shelf space. The fun thing is to fill the sabots up with a whole bunch of old paintballs and use it like a punt gun.