Anybody tried this stuff?

Grabbed a can of it from AIM before I noticed its Berdan primed . Oh well, just saves the hassle of picking up brass.

Curious if anyone has used it.

Filthy crap? Clean, consistent?

Grabbed a can of it from AIM before I noticed its Berdan primed . Oh well, just saves the hassle of picking up brass.

all military ammo is going to Berdan primed, if you want boxer primed for reloading commercial .223 is the way to go.

as for "filthy crap", "clean", you have to clean your rifle anyway, so what does it really matter there?

as for "constancy" all military ammo is going to hit what you're aiming at if you zero it for that LOT number, of course that will change from LOT number to different  LOT number.  if you're looking for something in the sub-MOA  range, military ammo is not the way to go.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I find the Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless ammunition is pretty clean.  Accuracy isn't bad.  But don't believe the part about recoilless...

If it behaves like this I'm gonna have to get a better muzzle devise.

post-39558-0-23295600-1406746898.jpg

all military ammo is going to Berdan primed, if you want boxer primed for reloading commercial .223 is the way to go.

as for "filthy crap", "clean", you have to clean your rifle anyway, so what does it really matter there?

as for "constancy" all military ammo is going to hit what you're aiming at if you zero it for that LOT number, of course that will change from LOT number to different  LOT number.  if you're looking for something in the sub-MOA  range, military ammo is not the way to go.

Just so I understand correctly:

What you are trying to say in response to my original question is;

No, you have no first hand experience with this particular ammunition.

Is that right?

Just so I understand correctly:

What you are trying to say in response to my original question is;

No, you have no first hand experience with this particular ammunition.

Is that right?

I've shot thousands and thousands of  NATO military ammo from a variety of countries when it was like a arms bazaar at gunshows, including the  Swedish 5.56,  they all basically perform the same, one no worse then  the other.

that's the whole entire concept behind standardized   ammo (NATO)  it's all loaded to the same specification, powder composite,  bullet weight and construction etc...  so it will function and perform to other NATO country's ammo  

bottom line, you won't be taking any gamble  buying NATO surplus ammo, it's all good. now buying ammo made in  india or pakastan, that's a whole different ball of wax, there is no quality control on that ammo.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins