Saiga 12 Bullpups?

I came across some Saiga 12 Bullpup rifles on Armslist:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2722999/ohio-shotguns-for-sale--saiga-12-bullpup-chromed-bcg--railed--lots-of-mods

Seems there are a few on there.

What is the consensus on these?  Are you able to run the MD20 drums with out any issues of fail to feed or them being in the way to even use the shotgun with them?

I was going to do an S17, but these are pretty damn attractive... (and I'm not usually one for a Bullpup style rifle)

But if for some reason using the MD20 drums makes it very hard/difficult/they're in the way to properly shoulder the rifle then I wouldn't be interested.

A drum on the bullpup is about as useful as tits on a boarhog. I have a thread in the product reviews section on these bullpups. TRUST ME... It is near impossible to function with a MD Arms drum attached. you cant wrap your arm around to hold the shotty. Unless you got spider arms...  Its just damn uncomfortable.  NOW... run a STICK mag... and you are ALL KINDS OF GOOD TO GO!!!!! :up: :UP: :up:

:smoke:

+1 to this^^

I don't consider his price too far off the mark considering the cost of a sporter S12, the Kpup stock, and the extras in today's market. If you like it, and have the funds, go for it. The Kpup platform is one of the better bullpups available, especially for the saiga rifles and shotties.

The chromed bcg's are pretty cool. Maybe a lil too much bling for my taste, but defiantly smoother, tougher, and easier to clean. Be cautious though, if they added too much material in the process, it might make things in the carrier group fit too tightly. No experience personally, but it was the second thing that popped in my head about it.   

It may be just my opinion but needs a damned drum anyway. Drums are just novelties in a shotgun as far as I'm concerned. Stick mags are awesome. They are much easier to load and handle, store way better, and don't add a ton of extra weight to the gun. That's just any shotgun but on a bullpup they are especially silly to want to use. Sorry but I just can't get behind that way of thinking at all...  I mean why deny yourself the total awesomeness of a bullpup with it's great balance & ergonomic design, as well as being an excellent choice for close quarters action... not to mention they are just cool as fuck, ..........all because you can't easily use a silly range toy in it??  amazing.gif

Haha not me oh hell no!  nonono.gif

If I want to use a drum I have other shotties I can lug around with a 4 or 5 lb anchor attached. But that's just my opinion....  018.gif

Now that said, if one wants to get creative and build their own custom designed Saiga 12 bullpup, like I personally prefer to do, you can actually design it with drums in mind as an option, just be prepared to have a slightly longer LOP that's all. Still they are very unwieldy though.

Actually my latest custom S-12 bullpup I'm just finishing up now and doing some initial testing with various mags. It has a JTE magwell for easier loading without having to rock & lock in a limited space. I like this design far better and drums are not even an option unless they have extended feed towers.

Here's the bullpup I built with krisfox back in 2009 with a drum in it. And BTW the Promag drums are slightly smaller and more rounded so they fit better in this application, even the 20 rdr. 004.gif

Not as comfy as a stick mag but doable...

post-1293-0-04018300-1406828960_thumb.jpg

Then with an AGP 10 rd stick.... ahhh now that makes much more sense.  smile.png

post-1293-0-17119800-1406829034_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Cobra custom is a million times better than that bolt on plastic piece of shit. I am very biased and opinionated on the owner, designer, design and mfg of the kalisnapoop stock.

Bullpups are great if you want to shoot your rifle always right handed. Nice to shoot both ways inside a vehicle or in a tree stand. Do that with your Saiga and prepare to have the left side of your face ripped off. Certain rifles, no shotguns that I know of, eject forward and can be used on both hands while making the weapon a smaller package for tight spaces without killing accuracy.

If you want a right handed bulpup, have Cobra build you one like in the photos without all the mall ninja plastic shit on it.