I've been spending a lot of my time lately rebuilding the motor for my '85 4runner. Also re-painted my camo in a simpler bolder pattern. I even scrubbed out the engine compartment and painted it camo, even behind my grill, my fan and shroud, basically everything paintable is now camo. I also added a nice bumper addition.

The motor is a 22re bored .20 over with a "crawler cam" and performance head. Runs awesome and strong now, as the old one had 340,000 miles on it.

post-16191-0-81929800-1406851790_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-63216700-1406851849_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-83120700-1406851914_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-82633400-1406851984_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-60846600-1406852253_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-72544000-1406852353_thumb.jpg

• Like 9
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been spending a lot of my time lately rebuilding the motor for my '85 4runner. Also re-painted my camo in a simpler bolder pattern. I even scrubbed out the engine compartment and painted it camo,

Thanks, here are a few more details,.....Ceiling Saiga mount, door Zombie tool mount, removed stereo and made box from licence plates, me in my Squidbillies hat.    

nice drive today.

Posted Images

The blade is a Zombie Tools Backwoods machete. Bad ass 1/4" thick, heavy and razor sharp! It easily took the head off of my Deer this last year. One good swipe, just a "Click" as it went through the spine. Yeah most folks back off when I am going shooting!!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2

I love the front spikes...

I know I couldnt have anything like that on a vehicle, though... I would be tearing the ever loving shit out of my legs, cause I would ALWAYS be walling too fucking close, to the front and shred myself... ROFL!!!!!

NICE looking rig!!!!!

:smoke:

I know I couldnt have anything like that on a vehicle, though... I would be tearing the ever loving shit out of my legs, cause I would ALWAYS be walling too fucking close, to the front and shred myself... ROFL!!!!!

NICE looking rig!!!!!

000.gif

I put tennis balls over them when I work on it....pink balls just seemed the Natural way to go.

post-16191-0-85160500-1406927921_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

NICE looking rig!!!!!

I put tennis balls over them when I work on it....pink balls just seemed the Natural way to go.

attachicon.gif10329024_858682824159250_5895873237321241647_n.jpg

Now that is just good common sense railroad spike control! LoL!

NICE looking rig!!!!!

000.gif

attachicon.gif10329024_858682824159250_5895873237321241647_n.jpg

Now that is just good common sense railroad spike control! LoL!

We need you in Washington!!!

• Like 1

We need you in Washington!!!

NO....

we need to pound about 600 more of those spikes into the heads of the DUMBASSES IN WASHINGTON!!!!!!!! Hell... Lets hammer THREE or more in each!! better just make it 10,000 spikes, to be sure theres enough to go around!!!!! :up:

• 3 weeks later...

Using donor doors from a parts rig to make these!!!! Half doors will be fully functional as far as open/close with a latch. I will incorporate a cup holder in the door, and eventually, snap-on windows. This is todays progress. Weird angle pic...this is both doors up against each other, to show how I tried to get the identical piece removed from each door.

post-16191-0-67410600-1408429544_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Using donor doors from a parts rig to make these!!!! Half doors will be fully functional as far as open/close with a latch. I will incorporate a cup holder in the door, and eventually, snap-on windows. This is todays progress. Weird angle pic...this is both doors up against each other, to show how I tried to get the identical piece removed from each door.

attachicon.gifz4doors.jpg

Judging by the half doors, you've been spending time on some yota forums or Pirate.  Now solid axle that bitch and enjoy a ride that you've never thought possible.

• Like 1

Judging by the half doors, you've been spending time on some yota forums or Pirate.  Now solid axle that bitch and enjoy a ride that you've never thought possible.

Hey Big John, this is the elusive 1985 4runner,Fuel injection AND Solid axle!!! Whooop!!!

Hey Big John, this is the elusive 1985 4runner,Fuel injection AND Solid axle!!! Whooop!!!

Sweet!

A friends rig that I might have given a hand on.  All his link design.  This started out as a 2WD.  Ended up linked, solid Diamond axled, dual transfer cased, supercharged, fucking machine.  This thing flat out worked.

tk_20004Run_16.JPG

tk_20004Run_15.JPG

• Like 1

We've gotten a few Grouse, and Antelope season starts real soon. Then Deer and Elk. Hopefully these pics will include critters soon. One from my latest scouting trip. We had a very positive interaction with the local Game warden, who of course checked our birds and permits, but also answered a ton of questions on hunting areas new to me.

post-16191-0-93576500-1411889965_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2