VEPR Order

Received the following from Classic Fireamrs regarding my VEPR order

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records indicate that you have placed an order with us for a VEPR 12 Gauge Shotgun. This is to let you know that we have your order on file and your pre-paid status is confirmed.
It is also to inform you that there has been a delay that is keeping us from shipping your order.

Originally we were told by the importer that these shotguns would arrive to us for shipment during the week of July 28th, and we advertised them as such.

The firearms did arrive in the U.S. as scheduled and have cleared customs. Unfortunately, the importer has been delayed in releasing the product due to the recent executive actions by the Obama administration regarding firearms importation from Russia. While this shipment, and anything pre-paid before the ban was initiated, should not be affected, we are being told that the State Department is requiring the importer to provide proof of pre-payment on these items before allowing them to release the product onto the U.S. market place.

Fortunately the importer is assuring us that this is just a formality and the product will be released as soon as all documentation is reviewed. The bad news is that there is no way to expedite the process and as of now we are being told that these firearms may not get released to us until the end of next week.

Now for the good news - Our loss is your gain! We advertised, and you purchased, these shotguns as having a new affixed stock, as opposed to the previous rifles with the welded folding stock mechanism, which many considered more desirable. Well, the importer has now notified us that this shipment DOES have the affixed side folding stock mechanism just the same as in our previous shipments. The importer has increased the price to us substantially due to the model difference....

However, we will not pass this increase along to you. We will honor the price you paid and you will receive the upgrade at no additional charge.

We sincerely regret the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

If this delay is unacceptable and you wish to cancel your order and receive a refund please let us know. Otherwise, the VEPR firearms will ship as soon as we receive them.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter

Sincerely

The Classic Firearms Team

• Like 1

Glad you posted that (OP) as it's always a great idea to share vendor reviews with fellow forum members. I too can report back that Centerfire is in my experience a great company to do business with--I snagged a Vepr just about 48hrs after 'Emperor BHO' rendered his "Executive Order" essentially denying all-things "AK" related from the American market...

Typically I am not one to panic and play into the hands of a "temporary" market aberration like the one most recently following the horrific insane-murderer in CT. after which an AK was hard to find under $1500 015.gif...However, this is different and much more severe and arguably "permanent" in the same vain as "Uncle Bills'" Chinese Arms embargo which ceased the flow of Norinco products into the U.S (still ambiguous to me as IAC is distributing pump-shotguns like the 982 Pardner models which are Norinco guns from what I can tell)...

That said, I did wait too long (I have a nice Saiga 12 which runs fine so I kept trying to talk myself out of the "need" for a Vepr) and payed roughly a $200 premium as I could have picked one up before the trade embargo for $750 or so...Yet to me a VEPR <1K is an outstanding value.