"Siaga-12" package "deal" at a local gun store.

I was at a small local gun store yesterday. Saw what looked like a brand new S-12 sporter with a ProMag 20 rd drum sticking out of it. Looked at the price tag and wham, it's $1470. I asked the guy who was filling in for the owner if this was some kind of mistake or a joke. He said: "No! It comes with a lot of stuff!"

-What kind of stuff?

-The "totally awesome drum", four 12 rd stick mags and 100 rounds of buckshot!

I smirked and told him that that's not nearly enough "stuff", at which point he informed me that they are extremely rare and have now been banned. Anyway, I found this amusing, so I took the pics and decided to share. :)

The gun:

post-10789-0-08955100-1407658559_thumb.jpg

The price tag:

post-10789-0-76323500-1407658547_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There's about 922 things wrong with the gun store doing that. I'm inclined to agree with the others who said that as the supplies stop coming in, the prices for 12s are going to go nuts.

Yeah its funny how a lot of gun shops slap a 20 round drum on it without it being 922r compliant, because they probably don't even now, just to sell it faster.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even have worried about the price after informing him of the felony he had sitting on his shelf... I assume that was part of the conversation?

It would have been pointless for me to bring up the 922r violation with him. Pretty much every gun store around here does this crap (my sporter Saiga 7.62x39 came with an SMG 30-rounder, my S-12 came with a ProMag 10-rounder, my S308 with two SGM 25-rounders - all from different local stores! ) and when I tried to warning them before, they either don't believe me, argue that it only applies to importers, laugh it off, etc. Sigh.

There's about 922 things wrong with the gun store doing that. I'm inclined to agree with the others who said that as the supplies stop coming in, the prices for 12s are going to go nuts.

How much you reckin' they will realistically go for? So, are guys here buying up S-12's as investments? I kind wish I had enough loose cash to do it myself.

My question is how much does someone have to spend to get into the MKA? A $1400 sporter saiga pushes most people in the other direction. Someone's really going to have to have a burning desire to spend that much on a 109. They are going to get rare and expensive but only a few will spend that much when there are cheaper alternatives on the shelves.

• Like 1

My question is how much does someone have to spend to get into the MKA? A $1400 sporter saiga pushes most people in the other direction. Someone's really going to have to have a burning desire to spend that much on a 109. They are going to get rare and expensive but only a few will spend that much when there are cheaper alternatives on the shelves.

$599.00

up to

$1750.00 for a full race gun

anything in between.

I just sold my Saiga 12 and Vepr 12, they just aren't for me

$599.00

up to

anything in between.

We all know that Saiga-12s have their "issues", but what didn't you like about the Vepr? To me, it's best mag-fed, semi-auto scatter gun that there is.

Yep....922r certainly came to my mind. Especially since the re ruling regarding such that I do not yet completely understand. Maybe you can legally blackmail him into just $GIVING$ you the S12 with all the goodies....IF he takes out that drum!!...in exchange for you not dropping a dime on him. Just thinking. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.png

Yep....922r certainly came to my mind. Especially since the re ruling regarding such that I do not yet completely understand. Maybe you can legally blackmail him into just $GIVING$ you the S12 with all the goodies....IF he takes out that drum!!...in exchange for you not dropping a dime on him. Just thinking. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.png

First of all, the owner is actually a really nice guy, who gave me some good deals in the past and really helped me out when I badly needed money (medical bills) and wanted to quickly sell some guns. Secondly, I would never mess with any of the gun store guys around here, as most of them seem to be involved with some kind of anti-UN invasion militia and scare me a bit. :) 

$599.00

up to

anything in between.

We all know that Saiga-12s have their "issues", but what didn't you like about the Vepr? To me, it's best mag-fed, semi-auto scatter gun that there is.

1st I'm NOT saying it is a bad platform, I have a couple AK's as well- don't shoot them either.

I just can't get used to the feel, after using the AR platform, ergo's are bad, mag release, safety. Just don't care for the feel/operation of the platform.

It doesn't fit my usage   -   3gun competition.

The AR for rifle, MKA 1919 for shotgun.

Edited by toothandnail

$599.00

up to

anything in between.

1st I'm NOT saying it is a bad platform, I have a couple AK's as well- don't shoot them either.

I just can't get used to the feel, after using the AR platform, ergo's are bad, mag release, safety. Just don't care for the feel/operation of the platform.

It doesn't fit my usage   -   3gun competition.

The AR for rifle, MKA 1919 for shotgun.

I see (and understand). I just didn't expect it, because it's an unusual position to have on a forum such as this, where most people are AK fans.

RE: 922r points count; S12;

This forum awhile back, (several months....1 year?) somebody said that the BATFE had re defined somehow the way the Saiga 12 922r points count is added up. Something to do with the puck or piston or regulator/gas block now being counted differently which in total may have added one necessary part for the S12 to be 922r compliant? That is all I remember, but I do remember something. Some help here anybody? HB of CJ (old coot)

I meant the dime thing to the BATFE as a silly joke, not to be taken seriously. Sorry if it was taken other wise. We need to treat our local GS guys with total respect. I know I do with our local, friendly, knowledgeable, cheap, (sometimes) Class 3 dealer. They went out of their way to help me with the stamps and stuff. Plus sometimes they take out some cool NFA items and let us shoot them off. Cool indeed. We are lucky here in SW OR. Henry.