Failures to feed

I have another problem that has just poked up, or I just noticed it. I have been having problems with feeding in my higher capacity magazines. Before anyone asks, gun works flawlessly with the factory 10 mags.

I was testing out my MKA1919 with new ammo, when this started happening. See the picture. It appears that the shell has been stopped from feeding because it is trapped between the extractor claw and the firing pin. It did this quite a few times, and no, the gun did not go full-auto. Has anyone experienced this?

I was actually getting three kinds of jams yesterday. This type (with the firing pin) and that the mag wasn't feeding like in the second photo, and failures to pick up the next round after firing. Can anyone help me?

post-2064-0-98694500-1407761608_thumb.jpg

post-2064-0-80415400-1407761703_thumb.jpg

First issue: Pull your bolt and check your firing pin. It appears that it is broken and the spring is causing it to stick due to it being bound up. 

Second Issue: Both failure to feed and the nose up jams you are experiencing are one in the same. The shells are not being presented high enough to the bolt. Adjust your feed lips to present the shells higher and your feeding problems should go away. 

Joshua Loganbill

Tooth and Nail Armory

First issue: Pull your bolt and check your firing pin. It appears that it is broken and the spring is causing it to stick due to it being bound up. 

Second Issue: Both failure to feed and the nose up jams you are experiencing are one in the same. The shells are not being presented high enough to the bolt. Adjust your feed lips to present the shells higher and your feeding problems should go away. 

Joshua Loganbill

Tooth and Nail Armory

How do you adjust the fee lips to make this happen?

Thanks Tooth and Nail. I don't think however that the firing pin is broken, as it did fire after this, and NOT full auto. Do you mean the firing pin return spring? So I need to bend the lips of the mag wider right? Do you sell magazine springs that I can use with 15- 18 round mags?

Thanks!

How do you adjust the fee lips to make this happen?

There was a thread on this awhile back.  Here it is:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91755-feed-lip-adjustment-on-mags/?hl=%2Bfeed+%2Blips&do=findComment&comment=946617

I did some of this to a few of my mags and reduced some of the FTF issues I was having.  Still need to tweak some more.

Edited by yamadog35