Saiga valuation question.

OK, this is just out of curiosity. I have had my Saiga 12, purchased new, about 2 years. During that time I had the bolt & carrier polished. I also converted it myself. I sent the FCG to Cobra's Custom for polishing and hammer re-profiling. The gun runs great now and also looks great with an M4 adjustable stock. Now, my question is, with the import ban, have I helped or hurt the value of my gun. I have absolutely no plans to get rid of her, I love it, but just wondered if all the time and money I have put into it has helped or hurt it's value. Just curious.

The guns don't seem to have appreciated all that much yet. There are plenty on gunjoker for only slightly elevated prices and a few that are seriously modded (optics, custom paint, etc) that are being sold for around $2k. If you had to make a call on the value for insurance purposes I'd probably say $1300-$1500 just from snooping around the market and knowing what the stuff you put on it costs.