Places I don't go/shop due to gun policies

I'm in Alabama, Concealed means concealed, they can post whatever they want to post, I'm carrying till told to leave.

If I'm Open Carrying that day, I just go somewhere else, plenty of places that don't give a damn.

• Like 3

exxon/ mobil. not a dime from me since their drunk ass ship captain blew his load all over Alaska's coast. It wouldn't have been such a bad spill if those fucks didn't wait for a week before the decided they ought to start thinking about doing something to try and contain it. that has nothing to do with gun policies though. I  wont shop anywhere that has any kind of anti carry policy

Edited by KTM
  • Like 3

Buffalo Wild Wings

Target

Tuesday Morning

There's one more national conglamorate that I refuse to do business with, but I can't remember right now. What about y'all? Who do you boycott?

BWW probably doesnt allow guns because it can be considered a bar in most places. Just guessing. not sure.

Walgreens......really?  I've never had a problem in Walgreens, it's my pharmacy of choice, well it's close to house. Hell they all know I'm packing heat too, but I very rarely open carry.

Walgreen very anti-gun at corporate level. Search "Jeremy Hoven fired by Walgreens". Especially read the police response (praise) to this man's action, that certainly saved lives. Did notice the local anti-gun signs did come down after this fall out, and later Hoven offered job back, believed he was hired elsewhere. In my state, the signs don't mean anything anymore, (No Violation), even public building if no armed security at every entrance. Can be asked to leave (if seen), yet as stated no legal violation.

Haven't been to any of those, and don't intend to, too far to drive. Around here, I haven't "really" had any problems when I open carry, but there again, I don't get out much.  :)  Me and the wife did go to Porky's Pride in Gardendale and eat dinner Saturday, I was open carry and they didn't say a word. Local stores around the shop don't say anything, or haven't yet. Even went with her to the grocery store to get groceries, OC and nothing said, but I did get some strange looks and some pointing of the fingers at my hip. If they don't like my firearm, I can walk out the door, just like I walked in, with my money in my pocket.

If I'm CC, screwem, what they don't know won't upset them, but my firearm is like my AmEx card, I don't leave home without it. Most times if need be, I just throw on a shirt over the pocket T that I usually wear and let it hang, if the wind catches it and blows it up, so be it, I got rights too.

NVM Cobra. I found it with a little google work. That I didnt know. It seems their CEO had a change in opinion over gun rights. Sad, they gave in to the liberal whiners.

Yeah I haven't researched it beyond hearing all that libtard bullshitamaroll about banning people who carry from their stores. Only times I have ever stopped there was during my trips to the UNC Cancer Hospital for treatments & checkups. They have a store inside there and it was a good place to cool my sore throat with a whipped cream topped chocolate late' or whatever the fuck they call them.

NVM Cobra. I found it with a little google work. That I didnt know. It seems their CEO had a change in opinion over gun rights. Sad, they gave in to the liberal whiners.

Yeah I haven't researched it beyond hearing all that libtard bullshitamaroll about banning people who carry from their stores. Only times I have ever stopped there was during my trips to the UNC Cancer Hospital for treatments & checkups. They have a store inside there and it was a good place to cool my sore throat with a whipped cream topped chocolate late' or whatever the fuck they call them.

Ya thats unfortunate. Its sad companies roll over and give in because they get scared. They have no morals.  Promoting gun rights would do nothing to their business, they are just chicken shit.  Really not a loss though, there are just as good coffee choices out there. They were just convenient.

I dont know how far chicken express ranges. But they have tons here in Texas. They CHL days and they give free lunch if you show your CHL ID. To gun owners.  Their company is doing just fine.

I think they have milkshakes, maybe you could go for one of those. gotta love a milk shake lol

• Like 1

i

Walgreens......really?  I've never had a problem in Walgreens, it's my pharmacy of choice, well it's close to house. Hell they all know I'm packing heat too, but I very rarely open carry.

I generally OC. I was asked to leave a local Walgreens 5 yrs back. CVS has never said anything to me. I still carry even when I see a"sign". Just depends.

I hate to see my money go to places that I don't want to support. Sometimes I don't have a choice when the lady says we're going in there. Lol. I do what I can to give my money to better suited places.

• Like 1

California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, 

• Like 1

i

I generally OC. I was asked to leave a local Walgreens 5 yrs back. CVS has never said anything to me. I still carry even when I see a"sign". Just depends.

I hate to see my money go to places that I don't want to support. Sometimes I don't have a choice when the lady says we're going in there. Lol. I do what I can to give my money to better suited places.

I hear ya bro.

If I have to use some of these fucktard establishments to help out my OWN SELF I will occasionally do so (including paypal..) , but def with an attitude while I'm doing it. For depriving my SELF of anything I happen to need or want at the time in life, solely on some pissant "demonstrator or boycotter" type frame of mind just goes against my grain and against reality. To me that frame of mind is too much like all the libtards who are causing us all the probs they are still. sad.png  I think instead to myself... WWSD?  "What would Shannon do" if he was in a survival situation? Do you want it? Do you need it? Is it worth what it takes to get it??? 

Yeah when I visit the hospital again on the 20th I will prolly stop in that ol anti gun coffee shop and grab myself some nice cold chocolatey cold goodness for the hour ride back home. I'll do it with a very selfish attitude though and likely be wearing one of my PRO gun tee shirts in the process smile.png !!!  Yep!   I'll even take a pic!  LOL! 

Racegal's youngest son actually works at a BWW as his first job and she's been there... carrying in her purse BTW lol! I haven't been but would never let that stupid sign on the door keep me from doing it either as long as I hold a CCW. That shit is just stupid.

• Like 2

I was recently dragged off to the movie (I hate going to the movies but I got free tickets) and decided to read up on the theater we went to... It was a Carmike Cinema and they are hugely anti-gun at the corporate level from what I could tell online. When I got to the theater I didn't notice a single sign on any of the doors or anything else so I don't know if each location has their own policy or what. I will say that we were the only 2 people in the entire theater for a 6:45 Friday night show. Maybe they need all of the business they can get these days!

Sooo... I'm on the fence on Carmike since there was no mention of anything on my local theater.

California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, 

I think you can take Wisconsin off your list.  We have both open carry and CC.

On a recent visit to the third world (Mississippi) I noted that they posted no carry/no weapons/no knives/no grenades (grenades..really...just where the hell is anyone gonna get a grenade and casually carry it into a store) just about everywhere. If you live there, my condolences... What really agitated me though was that one posted place sold toy guns, signs promoting guns and the use thereof, and to top of off, they sold knives...the big probably illegal in several states kind. I wanted to ask the teeny bopper clerk if I bought one if I would then be in violation and if they would call the cops on me. I got that look from the better half though and just let it go...

They sure look at me funny around Viroqua when I go back there and open carry my .45 while working on the family farm. Fucking liberal shit stains, transplanted from Ill.

Good topic for evereyone.

Just a FWIW - the billionaire buying the NBA Clippers has/or is putting his money into Bloomberg's antigun efforts.

OP and others have done a good job beginning to list our enemies deserving of a boycott IMO, but there is another area that anti-gun policies need to be addressed headon - as quickly as possible and by as many individuals as possible.

Im posting a link that describes how "Operation Choke Point" by Obama and his sadly named "Justice Department" are causing bank after bank to just up and close the accounts of successful businesses with excellent histories, scandal free, conducting perfectly legitimate and 100% legal transactions because Obama's crew considers these businesses to be "objectionable" in their eyes!

How can this be you ask?  This Operation Choke Point is aimed at those selling ammo, dealing in coins, pharmacuetical drugs, of homes based charities, as well as those short-term lenders (I'm not a fan of those payday lenders, etc. either but thats another discussion).   The Gov't is telling banks to quit providing services to these type places or they will come in and "examine" their records duie to engaging with "risky" customers. ...ie., harass the banks and/or close them down. 

http://dailysignal.com/2014/08/12/meet-four-business-owners-squeezed-by-operation-choke-point/

The one guy went public and had hundreds of his customers close their personal accounts at that bank.

Of course Chase is mentioned most often, but I suppose it could occur at just about any bank.  Even though the banks themselves did not initiate these action, it looks like the only option we have for voicing our contempt at Obama is to very publicly pressure the banks by closing all of our accounts and withdrawing all monnies in these banks

Harv

They sure look at me funny around Viroqua when I go back there and open carry my .45 while working on the family farm. Fucking liberal shit stains, transplanted from Ill.

These are the areas of the US that do not recognize my state's CC permit. So I make any travel arrangements around them..

Edited by TapeWorm3

I don't boycott anybody. I walk in with my gun anyway. Their company policies have no teeth because all they can do is ask you to leave if they somehow discover you are carrying.

This. If I stop doing business with every company who has done something wrong I might as well live in a cave,

Not necessarily gun related but...

-Kodak

-Hugo Boss

-Bayer

-Siemens

-Ford

-Chase Bank/J.D Rockefeller

-IMB

-Random House Publishing

-Coke/Fanta

-Nestle

-BMW

-GE

-Microsoft

-Apple

These are just the companies of the top of my head

And I almost cant blame companies who get pushed into making these decisions after some tools walk in with AKs

Edited by Arik
  • Like 2

I don't boycott anybody. I walk in with my gun anyway. Their company policies have no teeth because all they can do is ask you to leave if they somehow discover you are carrying.

This. If I stop doing business with every company who has done something wrong I might as well live in a cave,

Not necessarily gun related but...

-Kodak

-Hugo Boss

-Bayer

-Siemens

-Ford

-Chase Bank/J.D Rockefeller

-IMB

-Random House Publishing

-Coke/Fanta

-Nestle

-BMW

-GE

-Microsoft

-Apple

These are just the companies of the top of my head

And I almost cant blame companies who get pushed into making these decisions after some tools walk in with AKs

Yea the whole going out to dinner with your AR slung across your back thing is a little ridiculous. I get the point they are trying to make but you have to be reasonable; leave your rifle in the truck and carry your side arm when you're in public, it's common courtesy/sense.

What's your problem with North Dakota? Is about the friendliest 2A state in the union.

Edited: I get it, didn't read your previous post. Not sure why they don't. They share reciprocity with Alaska. To get a permit in mississippi are you required to take a class?

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter