AR15 -> Vepr-12 grip adapter

Hi all!

Been around a while but this will be my first post smile.png

Bought a Vepr-12 a few months ago and couldn't get a hold of a AR-15 grip adapter for it in Europe. The Saiga-12 grip adapters, like the R&R one, probably won't fit since the frames are a bit different (I could be wrong here).

I decided to design my own and the second prototype turned our pretty good.The material is 6082-T6 for those interested in stuff like that.

image_zps055d5659.jpg?t=1408174835image_zps47a90b2f.jpg?t=1408174892

I first tried a version where I would reuse the two front holes left from the original trigger-guard rivets but there just weren't enough space inside the receiver the bolts so i had to go with a version where two new holes are required in the receiver.

image_zpsc982af52.jpg?t=1408174767

Some grips require modification, as this Magpul Miad Large back-strap, while the Small backstrap would fit straight off as well as grips like the Moe-K. Note the you can see a bit of the front rivet holes. The final version of the adapter will cover those up.

4ad25ca8-993e-4c9f-8586-a1defb588a52_zpsac0a778b-94b7-4e24-b402-f7d9559779c6_zps

Been thinking about maybe having a bunch of these manufactured once i get the prototype thoroughly tested. We'll see what happens, but this far I'm very happy with the result smile.png

/jake