H.R. 5344; the Responsible Body Armor Possession Act of 2014

Would prohibit the sale, transfer or possession of “military grade”, “enhanced body armor” by civilians.

Edit: Bill in US House. Commiefornians trying to ass fuck us all again.

http://www.recoilweb.com/h-r-5344-no-enhanced-body-armor-for-civilians-48349.html

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

It always devolves into cop bashing.

bunch of jackasses

You little girls have a bad case of the penis envy when it comes to police

Is kind of like beings customer service rep. You might not be the one who screwed up,but your the face of the company in the customers eyes. If you don't like the fucked up rep your company has choose a different company. Or don't enforce the fucked up policy.

Most my encounters with police have ended without incident. Manors and respect on both sides play a major role in conflict resolution.

Mostly I do agree that if Joe public can't own it,police shouldn't either. Your just a man like me.

• Like 2

wow, California? really?

Perhaps I missed it somewhere in the body of text but I'm not reading this as being applicable only in California.

https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5344/text

does this mean I'll soon loose my body armor in a freak boating accident too?

``Sec. 932. Ban on purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body armor by civilians ``(a) Except as provided in subsection (, it shall be unlawful for a person to purchase, own, or possess enhanced body armor. ``( Subsection (a) shall not apply to-- ``(1) a purchase, ownership, or possession by or under the authority of-- ``(A) the United States or any department or agency of the United States; or ``( a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State; or ``(2) enhanced body armor that was lawfully possessed by any person at any time before the date this section takes effect.''.

Also the linked page on Recoil web states:

He did not define what “enhanced” body armor or “military grade” body armor is, and a summary of H.R. 5344 is not yet available.

Yet HR5344 clearly states:
Enhanced Body Armor Defined.--Section 921(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following: ``(36) The term `enhanced body armor' means body armor, including a helmet or shield, the ballistic resistance of which meets or exceeds the ballistic performance of Type III armor, determined using National Institute of Justice Standard-0101.06.''.

Am I the only person who actually reads this stuff? rolleyes.gif

California steps on peoples rights every day.

This is just one more in a very long list.

Af far as I know, one time bad guys had armour and it was an issue for under gunned police.

Anyone who wants to own it should be allowed to own it.

It in its self, poses no threat to anybody

• Like 1

Body armor is a waste of time and money for me. I do not EVER plan on getting myself into a situation where I find myself preparing to go into a gun fight with no cover. I would rather just buy more guns and ammo with the money. However, if YOU want to buy some, then you should be able to do so. There is NO way to keep anyone who is intending to use it for nefarious purposes from obtaining it, criminals do not obtain their kit thru legal channels.

Check out the comments on pop vox.  Many support the bill because they feel its their right to own body armor, many oppose the bill because they feel its their right to own body armor????https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr5344/report#nation

The bill itself seems to only limit body armor above level III, which is plate, helmet and shield armor, I think.  Is there soft level IIII body armor?

Regardless its bullshit, but heres the text of the bill, see for yourselves.  Click "bill text" https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr5344

Edited by Boomsick42

Check out the comments on pop vox.  Many support the bill because they feel its their right to own body armor, many oppose the bill because they feel its their right to own body armor????https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr5344/report#nation

The bill itself seems to only limit body armor above level III, which is plate, helmet and shield armor, I think.  Is there soft level IIII body armor?

Regardless its bullshit, but heres the text of the bill, see for yourselves.  Click "bill text" https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr5344

It would seem most the commenters clicked oppose, but wrote Support. I'm thinking they don't understand how this works.

I suppose connecting dots between this, the DHS buying billions of hollow points, bureaucratic agencies stock piling PDWs, drafting & expansion of the NDAA, combined a federal judge ruling that common rifles are not 2a protected... is just tin foil hat stuff.

Sure it might all be coincidence, but doesn't make it any less dangerous to our freedoms.

• Like 1

The bill itself seems to only limit body armor above level III,

It says MEETS or exceeds level III.  So it would ban level III.

They won't be satisfied until everybody is either defenseless or a criminal.  Obviously anybody who has any capability of defending themselves falls in the second category.

Defenseless people are easy to control.  It's for our own good.

I don't have body armor.  Never felt it was a priority.  But now I think I'll get some.  Because Fuck You.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

It's a sad state of affairs when BOTH active AND passive defensive tools are viewed as contraband.

Is there seriously an anti=Kevlar movement out there?

You can have my vest when you pry it from my cold, bloated ribs!

Macbeau...

unless you encase your entire body from head to toe in the stuff, what good does it really do anyways.

All it does is slow you down and limit your moveability. If I was engaged in a gunfight the last place I would

shoot for is center mass. I'll take a head shot or a groin shot or go for the arms and legs. Most of those areas

are usually unprotected anyways. And the stuff is not much good against Rifle and Magnum loads either.

Blunt force trauma from impact will kill you just as well. So the stuff is no guarantee.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH