FTE with red dot

I know that this was a topic of discussion early on when the Vepr-12 first got here but was there ever a solution?  I have a Kobra red dot on my Vepr and I get FTEs unless I place it as far back on the rail as possible.  Unfortunately that is not a very good position and I would prefer it all the way forward.  Any ideas?

Common issue. Seems to be two fixes that ice read. 1, gradually move optic back on the rail until it feeds. 2, buy a smaller optic like an H1/T1 or Vortex SPARC or mini holographic sight.

Vepr12's don't have a side rail, its a dust cover 1913 rail.

Common issue. Seems to be two fixes that ice read. 1, gradually move optic back on the rail until it feeds. 2, buy a smaller optic like an H1/T1 or Vortex SPARC or mini holographic sight.

Kind of sucks when you have a nice Russian red dot and it won't work in your Vepr-12..

Kind of sucks when you have a nice Russian red dot and it won't work in your Vepr-12..

Well, it works on it, just not where you want it. Don't know what to tell ya.

Well, it works on it, just not where you want it. Don't know what to tell ya.

Like I said, I was hoping someone had come up with a solution.

Edited by traintrax