There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

• Like 1

There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

Very well articulated Juggs! I would have hit the like button too.

• Like 1

I wish I could take credit... Actually heard it on a TV show once... and it stuck with me...

Sadly, you only hear logic like that nowadays in fiction....

There are not two sets of laws be real

show me the stats on use of excessive force, show me some facts.

No doubt that crap happens....but just how often?

FBI statistics is a good place to start

bring it on show us the numbers

No real reason to waste the time looking for something that you'll deny anyways, or try to find a fault in, or discredit. But I'll still give one link just for shits and giggles. If you cant see that there is a real and present problem with police misconduct in todays Amerika, then your part of the problem and not the solution.

But heres one example from 2010. This is the newest stats I could find that are this in depth.

http://www.policemisconduct.net/2010-npmsrp-police-misconduct-statistical-report/#_Excessive_Force

• Like 1
Don't care who you are, if you go to point ready in a crowd full of people, you best be picking up the slack....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zbR824FKpU&feature=share

a cop getting hassled during a protest? who'd have thunk??

I'm pretty pro cop.. but this is piss poor...

more force than is necessary is becoming the norm...

If I may quote another TV show: ADAM 12,as Officer Jim Reed said: "You just have to know how to arrest them and still make them like you. We call it technique."

More better view...

I believe with many of these police events the political climate is as much to blame as the officers themselves. When we have a persistent atmosphere of the have-nots blaming the haves, and an administration that only wishes to fan the fire, its somewhat easy to see how a few cops can get stressed out and make some bad decisions. The government has been painting targets on the backs of cops for at least a decade now between the patriot act and the Obama's race baiting and class warfare.

I understand that police are held to a very high public standard due to the nature of their work but people do make mistakes. It seems all the self righteous douche bags in the videos we see are the only perfect people to walk the Earth. That's why you don't fight a cop in the street, especially when you're participating in a riot, and fight them in court.

The cop waiving an AR around was clearly not making a wise decision. Neither were the douche bags in the crowd, who are themselves obviously without fault, antagonizing him... For all we know from the clips the cop may well have had good reason to believe he was about to be assaulted.

For all we know from the clips the cop may well have had good reason to believe he was about to be assaulted.

I might believe that,if the other officer hadn't came am made him lower his rifle. They're pretty good about having each others backs.

Besides we all know that just because you might be legally Ok do to something,doesn't necessarily mean you should do it.

• Like 1

a cop getting hassled during a protest? who'd have thunk??

I'm pretty pro cop.. but this is piss poor...

more force than is necessary is becoming the norm...

If I may quote another TV show: ADAM 12,as Officer Jim Reed said: "You just have to know how to arrest them and still make them like you. We call it technique."

More better view...

Well said.

Not only was the cop in the wrong, but these actions are not going to help win people over on the way they view police, especially in that area. Looks more like a provoking and intimidation measure to me. And people wonder why this shit is still going on.

• Like 2

Defending an institution which has been viewed and recorded fucking up, over and over and over, is a losing battle.  Theres not one good person, one good department, or an entire good state(which does not exist), that could justify the human rights violations committed in thousands of cases.

People need to think with their brains, not their sentimental emotions.  Of course, many idiots know the police are allowed to use violence, and fuck with them anyways, getting what they supposedly deserve.  Casual habits of force and the 'policeman shield' of unions, lawyers, and other cops, are to blame.  Its alot easier for good people to learn bad things, than for bad people to learn good things.

• Like 1

As has been stated not 100% of all cops are good and even the 99.99% of good ones can have an off day. This tends not to be a real big damn deal in my personal daily life mainly because about the only interaction I have with the police is a pretty rare traffic ticket and I don’t feel a need to show my ass to someone just doing their job.

While I’ll never think of myself as a sheep’le I like a lot of people who spent time in the military deal with cops like we did with the people who ranked us (no not superior to us merely out ranked at the moment). Follow the orders of the on scene commander / cop as long as they don’t endanger me and question it afterwards if needed. Saves an ass load of time and butt hurt in the long run and most of the time I was going to get the damn ticket anyway.

Yes they choose the job and even the town they work in but the average person even a trained cop may get a little on edge knowing there are guns and Molotov cocktails waiting to be used in the crowd along with the other bottles of piss and rocks being thrown at you. One of the many reasons I never even thought about being a cop, I’d have said screw this shit and shot someone. So yeah some of this shit is bad but I’ll give them some slack and I’m not there to see the whole thing first hand so there may be other things not seen on the short video leading up to the cop’s out burst. The video of the cops and the dead guys body that started this in the street looks bad, but if you had the events leading up to the shooting it might take on a whole different tone.

• Like 2

Regardless of what may or may not be in the crowd, there is no reason to draw your rifle on an unarmed journalist and threaten their lives.

They have regulations they have to follow, and that wasn't one of them.

• Like 3

Jim, the fact is that there are a lot of real shitty cops protected by your union that should have been jailed or executed for their actions.

Unfortunately, they make the entire force look bad. Because of a minority within the force, the rest get a shitty rap.

They need to start policing from within. If one of yours gets out of line, they have a training accident. NO union should protect a bad cop. You take care of your brothers and deal with the bad ones internally.

All cops in America need to be peace officers, not policy enforcement. They need to get back to service and protection of the people, not their pensions, department and revenue generation.

We have great cops in Montana. Our state patrol is squared away. We have very dirty and corrupt cops in Whitefish, Columbia Falls and Kalispell. The Sheriffs department is squared away. They all get shit because of the little city cops pushing coke on the tourists and letting canadians get away with DUI homicide.

One bad cop in the bunch makes the rest stink like shit.

• Like 5

I still believe in the 4 basic firearm rules still apply to LEO.. and the fact that that Officer was willing to kill/destroy all the people he swept or pointed his barrel at is absolutely alarming IMO... innocent or otherwise..

You point your weapon, you are committed to an act of violence...

I still believe in the 4 basic firearm rules still apply to LEO.. and the fact that that Officer was willing to kill/destroy all the people he swept or pointed his barrel at is absolutely alarming IMO... innocent or otherwise..

Where's the fucking like button............rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

Agree,

• Like 1

Police offices, and the military for that matter, are simply a cross section of the public. All persons in these organizations are products of the same schools, same communities, and same basic application of rules, They just put their lives on the line for the rest of the public every day. That same public, is far less than perfect, but extremely judgmental of those that exhibit the willingness to face death daily for others.

They are no different than the rest, suffer the same emotions, shortcomings and sometimes failures in judgment. Imagine the stress of being the target of all that hatred 24 hrs a day, for the last 10 days, watching your community collapse into a "herd" of violent masses, all of them blaming you. Then even those that do not yelling, "why don't you do something" when that crowd begins destroying their property & businesses.

Its a lose-lose. Walk a mile in those shoes before you point the finger. Should they be held to a higher standard? Most certainly. But, how long could you handle being held in disrespect by the very same people you are trying to protect, until you just don't see the lines anymore. In almost every case where the community complains the police/fire is predominately white in black majority areas, ultimately lowers the standards to regain balance. Then, you wind up with lesser individuals of any race with the badge. It feeds on itself. We the public get the government we asked for.

• Like 4

You put on that badge, you take on all that goes with it. That should include serving and protecting the public you supposedly represent, but these days the cops remind me of medieval robber barons and their henchmen - they see THEMSELVES as the law, and essentially participate in their own forms of rape, pillage, and plunder.

And then they wonder why the public at large hates their guts, even though they are nothing more than revenue generators and tax collectors with the power to beat you into submission if disagree with their strongarm tactics....

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

wheres jim Johnboy.gif

Why cast pearls among swine.

From what I have seen over the years, People who have a problem with police, generaly deserve it!

Well, that's some nice little fascist sentiment eh?! rolleyes.gif 

Stormtroopers of a feather ALWAYS flock together it would appear...

Jim was called out in this thread.  The ones that called on him only did so to start a confrontation.  This mentality is no better than the savage mentality that we are all pissed about.

Like it or not, we need cops.  Attacking a contributing member of this forum simply because he's a cop is bull shit.

Thank you Jim for doing a job that nobody here wants to do.  They all think they can do it better.  The above mentality shows how difficult your job is.  You can't even be here among friends without being attacked.  I can't imagine how it is for you at work.  Sorry these guys are assholes sometime's.

• Like 2

wheres jim Johnboy.gif

Why cast pearls among swine.

From what I have seen over the years, People who have a problem with police, generaly deserve it!

Well, that's some nice little fascist sentiment eh?! rolleyes.gif 

Stormtroopers of a feather ALWAYS flock together it would appear...

Jim was called out in this thread.  The ones that called on him only did so to start a confrontation.  This mentality is no better than the savage mentality that we are all pissed about.

Bullshit! A spade was called a spade. If the fucking shoe fits then wear it.

Any cop that has the built in attitude that if you don't ignore the misdeeds of their brethren then you are a "problem" and "deserve" whatever they decide to dole out as punishment, should be in another line of work.

That kind of attitude precipitates nothing other than potentially violent confrontations, and surely doesn't lead to the kumbaya uptopia they and the sheeple yearn to achieve...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

Panzer,

You are dreaming if you think I have ever said ANYTHING like what you are claiming.

Or you may just be brutally ignorant, or just a garden variaty jackass looking for trouble.

OVER and OVER I have said.

Bad cops should go to prison just like everyone else, missdeeds should NEVER be overlooked PERIOD!!

And I have only said this about a hundred times!!!

My reference Was for people who have a VILE attitude towards police, and who are abusive to them.

If you fall into that category, you may just have the officer respond in kind.

And IF he does...you ASKED for it!!!

If you act like you do on this forum, in the real world??

I PITY you!!!!

Police offices, and the military for that matter, are simply a cross section of the public. All persons in these organizations are products of the same schools, same communities, and same basic application of rules, They just put their lives on the line for the rest of the public every day. That same public, is far less than perfect, but extremely judgmental of those that exhibit the willingness to face death daily for others.

This is true, but they are NOT held to the same standard as we are. When they do commit crimes, they are NOT generally held to the same consequences as we are. How many times have you seen cops abuse people on video only to hear of them getting fired, instead of criminal charges and a prison sentence? Not enough IMO.

They are no different than the rest, suffer the same emotions, shortcomings and sometimes failures in judgment. Imagine the stress of being the target of all that hatred 24 hrs a day, for the last 10 days, watching your community collapse into a "herd" of violent masses, all of them blaming you. Then even those that do not yelling, "why don't you do something" when that crowd begins destroying their property & businesses.

Yes they are people. But I dont see this as an excuse to shoot journalists with rubber bullets and threaten lives of unarmed and non violent people with an AR, while they sit and let the violent fuckers torch the place and continue to be violent. The looters should have been stomped the first night. Period.

Its a lose-lose. Walk a mile in those shoes before you point the finger. Should they be held to a higher standard? Most certainly. But, how long could you handle being held in disrespect by the very same people you are trying to protect, until you just don't see the lines anymore. In almost every case where the community complains the police/fire is predominately white in black majority areas, ultimately lowers the standards to regain balance. Then, you wind up with lesser individuals of any race with the badge. It feeds on itself. We the public get the government we asked for.

I agree. It is a lose lose. But I feel its more the departments fault for creating the distrust to begin with. When officers are on camera clearly violating the law, and then simply relieved of their duty with little to no charges, its not hard to see why people would lose confidence in them in the first place. Many departments need to be cleaned up from the inside out.

• Like 2