Best saiga 7.62x39 conversion

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and have two saigas. my saiga 12 is being converted and worked on by Mike Rodgers at lone star arms (I'll hopefully be hearing from him soon that the build is done!) and I recently bought a saiga 7.62x39, just a couple days after the ban and before the prices increased. I am also new to ak pattern weapons and want to convert this rifle also. But, I would like it to be done professionally. If any of you have experiences that are good or bad with people who preform conversions with saiga 7.62x39s please tell me and show pictures! Your guys help would be greatly appreciated and while I am posting this I would like to ask if it is normal for the finish on my bolt to be rubbing off underneath where it has contact with the rounds in the magazine. Any thoughts and pictures would be great!

Rifle Dynamics has good rep but prepare to pay. 

Your guys help would be greatly appreciated and while I am posting this I would like to ask if it is normal for the finish on my bolt to be rubbing off underneath where it has contact with the rounds in the magazine. Any thoughts and pictures would be great!

Finish wear is perfectly normal wherever one moving part contacts another. Your bolt, carrier and rails will all have moderate finish wear sooner or later.

I would like to ask if it is normal for the finish on my bolt to be rubbing off underneath where it has contact with the rounds in the magazine. Any thoughts and pictures would be great!

Think about it.  Your top cartridge is being pushed up in the magazine and positioned slightly above the bottom of your bolt so it can be pushed into the chamber.  Its going to rub on the back stroke because theres another round being pushed up.  Its completely normal.

Edited by Boomsick42