Things appear to be working out

Question

By the good grace of an upper power, I received my parts back from Paul yesterday.  Pics attached to confirm.  He included a sincere sounding note, gas port gauges, and a sticker.  This REALLY made me day!  Now the million dollar question, why am I the first to receive their parts?

I have made a pretty hard effort in getting my parts back.  I sent Paul boxes to ship my parts back on two occasions… once with a check for money to ship them and once with a prepaid label so he could just pack and ship them free to him.  I will note my check was NOT cashed, and the prepaid label was NOT used.  Paul finished my parts (they look AMAZING) and shipped them back to me on his own dime.  I believe Paul is a good guy deep down and really did hit some troubles that turned this situation bad for all of us.

I am local to the Salem/Portland area, so I filed a police report in Salem.  An officer was actually able to reach Paul via phone and spoke with him.  I don’t know what the phone number was, but it was not the (971) or (503) number posted on here.  At Paul’s request, the officer could not release the number to me.  Paul said he had had a rough year and was going through tough times.  He said my parts were about half done and would have them done in a about a week and a half.  That was about a month ago. 

A couple of weeks ago I actually went to the Molalla address that was posted on here and talked with a fellow who claimed to be Mark Pawloski but did not know of a Paul Pawloski.  I did that about a week and a half ago.  The man didn’t sound like Paul in the Youtube videos, but did sound like the voicemail greeting on the (971) number.

I make the note that I shipped my parts to Paul 6/25/13, so I am not near the front of the line.  I think Paul got scared that I was involving the authorities and was actively looking for him.  I am extremely happy to have my parts back but very perplexed why I got my parts before anyone else has (at least before anyone that posts on here).  Paul obviously can perform work now, and his note indicates he can finish the workload he has.

I am sorry to say I have had no contact with Paul since June of 2013, so I cannot offer any assistance to anyone trying to contact him.  With this, all I can say is Paul still has the parts.  It sure seems like he is a man of his word that he wants to make good on his promises.  The parts returned are mine.  I know this by the serial on the bolt and carrier but also because I custom profiled my hammer to function with my LRBHO.  After installing the internals, it test cycles and fires on snap caps. 

I believe Paul has everyone’s parts still and has the capability to finish them.  I think he was scared that I might get to him, so he finished my parts and got them to me.  I thank him gratefully for that, but plead him to make good with everyone else as soon as he can before he gets into any trouble.  Another note I will make it that I never bad mouthed Paul on the forums or left him any nasty messages.  All the voicemails, emails, and letters I sent were polite and professional.  That may have played to my advantage; acting threatening and childish usually doesn't get you anywhere in life anyhow.  If the bickering and name calling on here stops... maybe Paul will feel more obligated to help everyone else out.  Could be a combination of things, but it worked for me, I got my parts back from Paul. Finished.

post-41061-0-44764500-1408108997_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-48056300-1408109128_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-07470300-1408109156_thumb.jpg

Edited by yfzrevo450
  • Like 3
  • Answers 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I can say from experience that being a moderator is not easy. I did it in a forum that was a piece of cake compared to this one and it was still hard work. Being a moderator here and even semi-patient

I was 1st on the list I had the RSB, I'm happy to report I received my parts today as promised.

Drove up and had a great visit with Shannon from Cobra's Custom and left my parts #001 in his very capable hands to get done like they should be. I saw and handled a lot of his work that he did on an

Posted Images

and sometimes folks add stuff, implicating people who have absolutely no involvement with said events and turning an already tragic situation into some doggone internet conspiracy...

The post was edited out as per Kanzaz request... no more, no less...Just not letting a bullseye be painted on mine or the forum's back again...

understand man...hate to be in ur spot...sounds like you should be bald from pullin out all that hair.

Nope.. just want people to get their parts back...

Once everyone's parts ARE back, The people who came here only to cause trouble, sow discourse and spread conspiracy theories and point the finger at the forum

will be removed along with the crappy ex vendor...

030.gif

• Like 2

I didn't even notice u edited it. I wasn't implying foul play.

Odd that they wanted it removed.

Earlier events sparked my paranoia.. Just safeguarding the info so it does not spiral into controversy.. You did nothing wrong at all.. Just covering our butts...

Some of these jokers will try and balloon something like that into: "the forum is purposely repressing info" they're IN on it and so on...

Call me impatient, but it's perfectly understandable when I say that I was expecting my parts to shipped today, right?

He has the label. He has the parts. What's with the hold up?

Edited by MightyLordRay

MLR, who knows man. Most normal people would want this off their back. It's easy. Print label, get free box. Place parts in box, tape label on box. Give box to mailman. The first one may be too tough without a printer.

I don't think Pauly can ship anything.  I just got a call from OR DoJ.  I spoke with them for about 20 minutes.  She said she's calling everyone for whom they have parts for (apparently they're in boxes with names).  I filed my report early last week, but she hasn't gotten it yet.  This is great news.  She wanted to know the best way to ship them back.  I suggested a box and not an envelope, packed well to prevent awkward parts from poking through (charging handles, rods, etc).  She said for everyone who sent him parts to file a complaint.  Time frame for returns looks really good provided it doesn't go from civil to criminal.  Keeping my finger's crossed. 

• Like 2

I don't think Pauly can ship anything. I just got a call from OR DoJ. I spoke with them for about 20 minutes. She said she's calling everyone for whom they have parts for (apparently they're in boxes with names). I filed my report early last week, but she hasn't gotten it yet. This is great news. She wanted to know the best way to ship them back. I suggested a box and not an envelope, packed well to prevent awkward parts from poking through (charging handles, rods, etc). She said for everyone who sent him parts to file a complaint. Time frame for returns looks really good provided it doesn't go from civil to criminal. Keeping my finger's crossed.

She say anything about using our shipping labels?

I offered mine to her. She was really thankful. I told her that it was useless to me since I can't get it refunded. So might as well use it. She asked me for documentation about the money I gave him. I'll send her the label in the email.

Paul needs help, and by help I mean thrown behind bars.

How sorry is he, honestly? He apologizes, and apologizes, and drags this mess out. If he is not a criminal, he certainly is a poor excuse for a man. That's not to say he can't build up from here, as I'm sure this is rock bottom. What he put us through was wrong. Apologies aren't going to cut it. I forgive you Paul, but only because first, in order to follow my religeon I have to. Secondly, I want to show you what real men act like when they're on the bad end of a bad situation.

Paul needs help, and by help I mean thrown behind bars.

How sorry is he, honestly? He apologizes, and apologizes, and drags this mess out. If he is not a criminal, he certainly is a poor excuse for a man. That's not to say he can't build up from here, as I'm sure this is rock bottom. What he put us through was wrong. Apologies aren't going to cut it. I forgive you Paul, but only because first, in order to follow my religeon I have to. Secondly, I want to show you what real men act like when they're on the bad end of a bad situation.

+1

I dont hate Pauly.  I just want my stuff back.  Love my rifle.  And sent it it for the best to take care of it... And his work was good... Its everywhere.  

What a sad situation for all of us.. Pauly included. 

But this situation does need to be made right.

Called the number Pauly sent me in a PM.  The lady was very nice but was REALLY REALLY not happy that Pauly gave out her number.  She told me that her number should never have been given out and stressed that Pauly was very wrong in doing so.

On the other hand, she doesn't have my parts so now I have to either rely on Pauly to send them back or just give up because he doesn't have them.  What a disaster and I hope that Pauly gets charged criminally for this.  Maybe he will realize how big he fucked us over and how he needs to get his shit together.

I am thankful for all the members on this board and Juggernaut for handling this situation the best they could have.  If I was on my own I would have been pissed off more than what I already am.

Edited by Maknwar

Just talked with the Oregon DOJ again, I was called this time.  I am only relaying what information was given to me so Ill do my best to reiterate what she said to me.

She had received a large box of parts from Pauly, an overwhelming amount. Everything she has is in "Safekeeping" for now since the investigation is open at this time. If everything goes well, it may take up to 2 months to get our parts back from the DOJ. However, if our parts become Evidence there is no telling how long it would take to get them back. They would then be in a secured lockup, if they become evidence. She didnt say whos parts she had, other than she said she had a box with my name on it. It sounds as if she has quite a bit, but I am just speculating on that so dont take it for gospel.

She wanted me to stress the IMPORTANCE of filing a complaint online if Pauly has your parts. This is extremely important. SO please, if paul has your parts, MAKE sure you file a complaint with the Oregon DOJ as soon as possible. It could take up to two weeks to get a reply from the DOJ back due to the routes and channels it has to go thru to get to her. HOWEVER, if she has your parts, and you filed a complaint, she has a way to get ahold of you.

I just got a call myself. 

My understanding was that she will be working on sending the parts back and will continue to do so until he receives criminal charges.

She said they had no need for the parts and had not reason to keep them and felt strongly about getting them back to who they belonged too. 

I was also instructed to get with my bank and get copies of the checks that I sent Pauly and send them to her as evidence.

Why was Pauly taking more parts I just don't get that... Well i do i guess if you think about the cash involved. For a self proclaimed gun advocate he sure has F@#$ed it up. 

I have filled my Complaint with Oregon DOJ it has only been 26 months since this crap started. and My last three is #500,

Has anybody gotten anything from the Oregon DOJ yet?

I'll post as soon as I hear anything from the DOJ.

Not that we know of.

At least it's out of Paul's control, or lack there of.

The process is moving forward.

***TO EVERYONE***

WE CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR YOU TO FILE YOUR COMPLAINT TO THE OREGON DOJ!!!

A bit off topic but there is a brand new bolt for sale by a good member for a good price in the parts section. Carriers are available from r&r. It sucks, but for those who are stuck it is an option.

I went with Pauly, and I think I was one of the last to get there parts. It was about two years ago when I got them back and I waited about 7 months before I got them. I feel sorry for all you guys, and I hope you get your stuff back. Best of luck.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone's gotten anything yet. Yes, at least they're out of Paul's hands. She said it would be about 2 wks before everything was catalogued. She called me before my complaint reached her. So that's good news. Everyone still needs to file though. I've received 2 emails from her. We'll have to be patient, but I think they're in good hands now.

My parts are not with the DOJ, so it's not all out of his hands.

As for you and your situation...DUDE THAT SUCKS!!! I'm not even sure they have my parts, and I'm a little worried.

I feel for ya bro...sheeesh...well I'm not going to stand around and not help...after the dust is settled I'm launching a fund raiser on this forum if the mods will allow it to help people that did not get their stuff back.

We take care of our own.

• Like 2
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.