Things appear to be working out

Question

By the good grace of an upper power, I received my parts back from Paul yesterday.  Pics attached to confirm.  He included a sincere sounding note, gas port gauges, and a sticker.  This REALLY made me day!  Now the million dollar question, why am I the first to receive their parts?

I have made a pretty hard effort in getting my parts back.  I sent Paul boxes to ship my parts back on two occasions… once with a check for money to ship them and once with a prepaid label so he could just pack and ship them free to him.  I will note my check was NOT cashed, and the prepaid label was NOT used.  Paul finished my parts (they look AMAZING) and shipped them back to me on his own dime.  I believe Paul is a good guy deep down and really did hit some troubles that turned this situation bad for all of us.

I am local to the Salem/Portland area, so I filed a police report in Salem.  An officer was actually able to reach Paul via phone and spoke with him.  I don’t know what the phone number was, but it was not the (971) or (503) number posted on here.  At Paul’s request, the officer could not release the number to me.  Paul said he had had a rough year and was going through tough times.  He said my parts were about half done and would have them done in a about a week and a half.  That was about a month ago. 

A couple of weeks ago I actually went to the Molalla address that was posted on here and talked with a fellow who claimed to be Mark Pawloski but did not know of a Paul Pawloski.  I did that about a week and a half ago.  The man didn’t sound like Paul in the Youtube videos, but did sound like the voicemail greeting on the (971) number.

I make the note that I shipped my parts to Paul 6/25/13, so I am not near the front of the line.  I think Paul got scared that I was involving the authorities and was actively looking for him.  I am extremely happy to have my parts back but very perplexed why I got my parts before anyone else has (at least before anyone that posts on here).  Paul obviously can perform work now, and his note indicates he can finish the workload he has.

I am sorry to say I have had no contact with Paul since June of 2013, so I cannot offer any assistance to anyone trying to contact him.  With this, all I can say is Paul still has the parts.  It sure seems like he is a man of his word that he wants to make good on his promises.  The parts returned are mine.  I know this by the serial on the bolt and carrier but also because I custom profiled my hammer to function with my LRBHO.  After installing the internals, it test cycles and fires on snap caps. 

I believe Paul has everyone’s parts still and has the capability to finish them.  I think he was scared that I might get to him, so he finished my parts and got them to me.  I thank him gratefully for that, but plead him to make good with everyone else as soon as he can before he gets into any trouble.  Another note I will make it that I never bad mouthed Paul on the forums or left him any nasty messages.  All the voicemails, emails, and letters I sent were polite and professional.  That may have played to my advantage; acting threatening and childish usually doesn't get you anywhere in life anyhow.  If the bickering and name calling on here stops... maybe Paul will feel more obligated to help everyone else out.  Could be a combination of things, but it worked for me, I got my parts back from Paul. Finished.

post-41061-0-44764500-1408108997_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-48056300-1408109128_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-07470300-1408109156_thumb.jpg

Edited by yfzrevo450
  • Like 3
  • Answers 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I can say from experience that being a moderator is not easy. I did it in a forum that was a piece of cake compared to this one and it was still hard work. Being a moderator here and even semi-patient

I was 1st on the list I had the RSB, I'm happy to report I received my parts today as promised.

Drove up and had a great visit with Shannon from Cobra's Custom and left my parts #001 in his very capable hands to get done like they should be. I saw and handled a lot of his work that he did on an

Posted Images

Well...pretty sure that lands Paul a theft charge...

...unless he figures out some way to make it right.

Realisticly, he owes you the amount your firearm(s) would cost, but you would probably have to settle for the cost of replacement parts.

Edited by MightyLordRay

At this point, I'll take the money for a replacement. If he doesn't have that, then he can send me his.

When this is all done and over......Pauly might not be able to legally own a firearm.

At this point, I'll take the money for a replacement. If he doesn't have that, then he can send me his.

When this is all done and over......Pauly might not be able to legally own a firearm.

Yep...this is true...

• Like 1

Just talked with the Oregon DOJ again, I was called this time.  I am only relaying what information was given to me so Ill do my best to reiterate what she said to me.

She had received a large box of parts from Pauly, an overwhelming amount. Everything she has is in "Safekeeping" for now since the investigation is open at this time. If everything goes well, it may take up to 2 months to get our parts back from the DOJ. However, if our parts become Evidence there is no telling how long it would take to get them back. They would then be in a secured lockup, if they become evidence. She didnt say whos parts she had, other than she said she had a box with my name on it. It sounds as if she has quite a bit, but I am just speculating on that so dont take it for gospel.

She wanted me to stress the IMPORTANCE of filing a complaint online if Pauly has your parts. This is extremely important. SO please, if paul has your parts, MAKE sure you file a complaint with the Oregon DOJ as soon as possible. It could take up to two weeks to get a reply from the DOJ back due to the routes and channels it has to go thru to get to her. HOWEVER, if she has your parts, and you filed a complaint, she has a way to get ahold of you.

I got my call on Friday....Pretty much everything Kanzaz said was discussed on my call. She wants ANY documentation, email strings ect. to make the case stronger. I don't know if it will be pushed into evidence (which would make our wait that much longer) but at least my parts are "in hand" by somebody that will ship them back eventually.

Here's the contact info:......

Edited by Juggernaut
Repressing info because Mod's are evil and "in" on it....

Bgolden...she's said to at least 2 members that she didn't want her info posted. I think we need to comply with her wishes so we don't screw this up. Mods, could you please edit her info out again?

Bgolden...she's said to at least 2 members that she didn't want her info posted. I think we need to comply with her wishes so we don't screw this up. Mods, could you please edit her info out again?

SO sorry. I didn't hear that from her. My mistake. Thanks for catching it.

SO sorry. I didn't hear that from her. My mistake. Thanks for catching it.

It's cool, I didn't think you meant anything by it. She's the only one who's given us any glimmer of hope.

Just received a call from a lady at the Oregon DOJ. My parts still exist, no work has been done but still great news. Should be receiving the parts along with restitution for payment. Thought I'd share, was amazed there weren't any other comments about this already.

EDIT: HAHA, on my phone some of the latest posts hadn't shown up.  So obviously others have commented.

Edited by swimbikerun247

I just received a call from the lady at the DOJ a few hours ago. Pretty much the same story as others. They have spoken to Paul they have the parts for some people. She told me it was a box with around 30 packages in it. Each smaller package had names and info for the owners. That is how she was able to call me. She asked for any documentation I had, such as emails and cancelled checks. I just sent it all over to her and filed a complaint as she requested.

I was told it would be about two months before I get my parts. I didn't see this thread before talking to her as I haven't been on for a while. I asked if I could post the info she gave me on the forum since there are many other victims. She told me she knew about the forum but to not share her name and number as it isn't public.  But to tell anyone else who hasn't filed a complaint to file one. http://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer/pdf/consumer_complaint.pdf

As far as getting my money back, she said that they are working on forcing him to return the money, but they can't force him to return what he does not have. So maybe I will get money back in the next ten years. But I am just happy with the thought of getting my parts back before the summer. 

Good luck to all of us who are still waiting on our parts.

• Like 1

I haven't been on the forum in a while. It seems like traffic has dropped significantly. Is there anyone around that is doing the services that Pauly charged us all for. Hopefully someone that can actually be trusted.

I haven't been on the forum in a while. It seems like traffic has dropped significantly. Is there anyone around that is doing the services that Pauly charged us all for. Hopefully someone that can actually be trusted.

Cobras Custom.

• Like 1

I got my call today and as many others who've also been called the same info was provided to me. She is a very nice and professional woman. She also told me that she is trying to contact 5 people a day until she has contacted everyone who she has a box of parts for. She is of course also busy with other cases and is trying to balance a heavy workload. We did have about a 15 minute chat and she verified all of the info and documents I sent her in PDF format to include a copy of my USPS MO stub/receipt, as well as my current address, email, and best phone number. She did assure me that she will be keeping up with everyone she contacts about progress of the case. She is not sure if the DOJ will be paying for the return shipping to everyone (and then adding the costs to the likely restitution decision to be decided later) or use the shipping labels most of us have already paid for. I had paid for two shipping labels and included those with the documents I submitted online with everything else.

I know the next couple of months will seem like a long time, but it is nice knowing that my and so many of your parts are in the safe and capable hands of this OR DOJ representative.

Some have asked about where to go to get their parts done, finished or otherwise worked on. I know I am going to go with Cobra's Custom who is conveniently about 45 minutes from me. Hindsight....wish I would have heard about him earlier.

• Like 1

Just saying. I got my call from DOJ on her own. She had my parts with my info on a oiece of paper. She stressed that complaints need to be filed. So i did. It took about 2 weeks for me to get my confirmation saying they have reconised my Complaint. Same as what everyone else is saying.

Just received a call from a lady at the Oregon DOJ. My parts still exist, no work has been done but still great news. Should be receiving the parts along with restitution for payment. Thought I'd share, was amazed there weren't any other comments about this already.

EDIT: HAHA, on my phone some of the latest posts hadn't shown up.  So obviously others have commented.

It tends to be that this part never happens. Ordered and paid are different concepts, but a garnishment can happen. In WA, the state legislature went and made failure to pay restitution a purely civil matter. This is no longer even a sentence condition violation here, and IIRC requires a civil suit to enforce. On top of the fact that the convict can always petition to have the pay rate reduced to a couple bucks a week or whatever is left over his cost of living calculation. I've never heard of such petitions being denied, and have often seen the convicts petition to eliminate all restitution a year or two after they are off probation, even if the pay rate is near nothing. (The legal fees for these pettitions have got to be close to the cost of just paying the victims too). 

I used to work in a prosecutor's office and the above stuff was a very sore point with me. Society may be a general victim of property crime, but the property owner is the main victim. Restitution should get priority over court costs, etc.

Just spoke with the Oregon department of justice and apparently my parts are not among the ones they have. So Pauly, you told me twice that my parts were ready for shipping, where the hell are they! I sent you a label for shipping, why can't you just be done with this and send the damn thing!!! #623

Edited by Tbates3939

Even though I don't have parts with Pauly, I can't help but check this thread every time there's a new post.
I keep hoping someone is going to say.."I got my parts back from DOJ today!".

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope this works out for everyone involved.

• Like 5

^In the exact same boat. Just got a call from Oregon DOJ and the lady said she did not have my parts. Pauly had told me they were complete and just needed to be shipped...Parts are probably forever gone :(

So are we to believe Paul just "misplaced" the parts the OR DOJ doesn't have?

Paul will most likely be going away for this.

If my understanding of these things is correct. He was most likely told he would be making payments to the DOJ to pay for the reimbursement of the the DOJ's funds, or else the OR tax payers would be paying for it.

If Paul cannot come up with the other parts I believe they truly were finished. They were probably finished so well they fetched a pretty price to someone else. He most likely got paid TWICE for one set of parts. I hope I'm wrong, but unless he can magically poof the parts into the DOJ it's THEFT!

^In the exact same boat. Just got a call from Oregon DOJ and the lady said she did not have my parts. Pauly had told me they were complete and just needed to be shipped...Parts are probably forever gone sad.png

If my understanding of these things is correct. He was most likely told he would be making payments to the DOJ to pay for the reimbursement of the the DOJ's funds, or else the OR tax payers would be paying for it.

If Paul cannot come up with the other parts I believe they truly were finished. They were probably finished so well they fetched a pretty price to someone else. He most likely got paid TWICE for one set of parts. I hope I'm wrong, but unless he can magically poof the parts into the DOJ it's THEFT!

When I talked to the DOJ lady, she told me she did not have my parts.  She also told me Pauly gave them about 30 bags of parts with peoples names on them in which mine was not one of them.

^In the exact same boat. Just got a call from Oregon DOJ and the lady said she did not have my parts. Pauly had told me they were complete and just needed to be shipped...Parts are probably forever gone sad.png

When I talked to the DOJ lady, she told me she did not have my parts. She also told me Pauly gave them about 30 bags of parts with peoples names on them in which mine was not one of them.

Man, that just flat out SUCKS!!! I count myself very fortunate they told me they have my parts. I hope you, and others in your situation get some kind of retribution. I feel for you guys...what a crappy thing to do to people.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.