Things appear to be working out

Question

By the good grace of an upper power, I received my parts back from Paul yesterday.  Pics attached to confirm.  He included a sincere sounding note, gas port gauges, and a sticker.  This REALLY made me day!  Now the million dollar question, why am I the first to receive their parts?

I have made a pretty hard effort in getting my parts back.  I sent Paul boxes to ship my parts back on two occasions… once with a check for money to ship them and once with a prepaid label so he could just pack and ship them free to him.  I will note my check was NOT cashed, and the prepaid label was NOT used.  Paul finished my parts (they look AMAZING) and shipped them back to me on his own dime.  I believe Paul is a good guy deep down and really did hit some troubles that turned this situation bad for all of us.

I am local to the Salem/Portland area, so I filed a police report in Salem.  An officer was actually able to reach Paul via phone and spoke with him.  I don’t know what the phone number was, but it was not the (971) or (503) number posted on here.  At Paul’s request, the officer could not release the number to me.  Paul said he had had a rough year and was going through tough times.  He said my parts were about half done and would have them done in a about a week and a half.  That was about a month ago. 

A couple of weeks ago I actually went to the Molalla address that was posted on here and talked with a fellow who claimed to be Mark Pawloski but did not know of a Paul Pawloski.  I did that about a week and a half ago.  The man didn’t sound like Paul in the Youtube videos, but did sound like the voicemail greeting on the (971) number.

I make the note that I shipped my parts to Paul 6/25/13, so I am not near the front of the line.  I think Paul got scared that I was involving the authorities and was actively looking for him.  I am extremely happy to have my parts back but very perplexed why I got my parts before anyone else has (at least before anyone that posts on here).  Paul obviously can perform work now, and his note indicates he can finish the workload he has.

I am sorry to say I have had no contact with Paul since June of 2013, so I cannot offer any assistance to anyone trying to contact him.  With this, all I can say is Paul still has the parts.  It sure seems like he is a man of his word that he wants to make good on his promises.  The parts returned are mine.  I know this by the serial on the bolt and carrier but also because I custom profiled my hammer to function with my LRBHO.  After installing the internals, it test cycles and fires on snap caps. 

I believe Paul has everyone’s parts still and has the capability to finish them.  I think he was scared that I might get to him, so he finished my parts and got them to me.  I thank him gratefully for that, but plead him to make good with everyone else as soon as he can before he gets into any trouble.  Another note I will make it that I never bad mouthed Paul on the forums or left him any nasty messages.  All the voicemails, emails, and letters I sent were polite and professional.  That may have played to my advantage; acting threatening and childish usually doesn't get you anywhere in life anyhow.  If the bickering and name calling on here stops... maybe Paul will feel more obligated to help everyone else out.  Could be a combination of things, but it worked for me, I got my parts back from Paul. Finished.

post-41061-0-44764500-1408108997_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-48056300-1408109128_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-07470300-1408109156_thumb.jpg

Edited by yfzrevo450
  • Like 3
  • Answers 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I can say from experience that being a moderator is not easy. I did it in a forum that was a piece of cake compared to this one and it was still hard work. Being a moderator here and even semi-patient

I was 1st on the list I had the RSB, I'm happy to report I received my parts today as promised.

Drove up and had a great visit with Shannon from Cobra's Custom and left my parts #001 in his very capable hands to get done like they should be. I saw and handled a lot of his work that he did on an

Posted Images

I just sent the DOJ lady an email for a status update since I have not heard back in a month. Sadly she is out of office until May 4th. Hopefully we all get our parts back next month. 

Has there been any updates for those who were told that they did not have their parts. Hopefully DOJ was able to get some answers out of Paulie on the location of those parts.   Those people should be put on the top of Paulie's restitution list since they no longer have parts, over those of us who are now just out money but will see are parts back at one point.

Good Luck everyone

Talked to her the other day, she did not have any advice except to take legal action, after I asked if she could get in touch with him again. I would think that the department of justice would actually help everyone with some justice, but doesn't look like it for me. If anyone else in my same situation wants to get something else going as a group, I would be all for it. It's hard doing anything being literally across the country.

Edited by Tbates3939

Talked to her the other day, she did not have any advice except to take legal action, after I asked if she could get in touch with him again. I would think that the department of justice would actually help everyone with some justice, but doesn't look like it for me. If anyone else in my same situation wants to get something else going as a group, I would be all for it. It's hard doing anything being literally across the country.

The DOJ was the department I was told to go to for civil cases. It appears that what's going on with people who's parts are unaccounted for is criminal.

Folks with parts unaccounted for need to file criminal complaints with their local PD's, and the PD nearest the Oregon DOJ.

If you have already filed "criminal" complaints with the above stated PD's follow up, file an update to current reports, and include the most recent information of the goings on in this tragedy. Also note the DOJ has a load of evidence in their posession, and would most likely cooperate with the PD's in a criminal case.

After the DOJ does their part, our group will come together, and figure out a way we can help those less fortunate in this tragedy. We are brothers, and sisters here who share in similar circumstances, and that brings us together.

Paul should be held responsible for this debacle for "JUSTICE" not revenge.

I've been working with Salem PD for the last few months. The Officer made extraordinary efforts on my behalf. He spoke with Pauly twice. Most recently in March and Pauly said he had my parts and still wanted to finish them but admitted to making no effort to contact me. Shortly thereafter, Paul sent out the emails about the prepaid labels so I thought we were getting somewhere. Despite the SPD pursuing the criminal case, I sent Pauly a prepaid label because I JUST WANT MY PARTS BACK. 

Several weeks later, I don't have my parts, my prepaid label has not been used and no contact from the DOJ (even though I filed an online complaint).

Today, the Officer notified me that the DA would not pursue criminal charges because they see it as a civil matter and he recommended I contact an attorney to pursue a civil case.   

I'd like to think the call from Salem PD spurned Pauly to turn some people's parts over to DOJ but it's gotten me nowhere. If someone could PM me the DOJ lady's contact info, I will give that a shot. 

Edited by Atomic Punk

I've been working with Salem PD for the last few months. The Officer made extraordinary efforts on my behalf. He spoke with Pauly in March and Pauly said he had my parts and still wanted to finish them but admitted to making no effort to contact me. Shortly thereafter, Paul sent out the emails about the prepaid labels so I thought we were getting somewhere. Despite the SPD pursuing the criminal case, I sent Pauly a prepaid label because I JUST WANT MY PARTS BACK.

Several weeks later, I don't have my parts, my prepaid label has not been used and no contact from the DOJ (even though I filed an online complaint).

Today, the Officer notified me that the DA would not pursue criminal charges because they see it as a civil matter and he recommended I contact an attorney to pursue a civil case.

I'd like to think the call from Salem PD spurned Pauly to turn some people's parts over to DOJ but it's gotten me nowhere. If someone could PM me the DOJ lady's contact info, I will give that a shot.

That's odd that the DOJ hasn't contacted you yet. When did you submit a claim?

That's odd that the DOJ hasn't contacted you yet. When did you submit a claim?

Well, they did contact me but it was just a form letter type of email confirming my complaint. Nothing from the woman who has the parts from Pauly, nor anyone else showing progress on my case.

I do have her info now and will follow up this week. 

Just got an e-mail from DOJ saying that they do not have my parts, so this shit goes on and on with this A-Hole,  over two years of this shit. the person form DOJ told me to contact my local PD to file a report on the theft of my parts. that is going to be real high on the priority list of things for Jacksonville, Florida sheriffs Office to get on. 

Just got an e-mail from DOJ saying that they do not have my parts, so this shit goes on and on with this A-Hole, over two years of this shit. the person form DOJ told me to contact my local PD to file a report on the theft of my parts. that is going to be real high on the priority list of things for Jacksonville, Florida sheriffs Office to get on.

We have been submitting reports to our local PD's, and Oregon PD's already, and they have not done a thing, but contact Paul.

Maybe after submitting your report with your local police you should submit one through Oregon "STATE" Police. Let's face it. Paul keeps hoppin' around from place to place so who knows where he might be?

I emailed her last week for an update. She responded on Monday telling me she was out for a few weeks.

I received an email today saying my parts are being shipped. Hopefully that is the same for everyone else whose parts she was able to recover.

I also asked her if I should hold my breath for money to be returned. Her response is what I was expecting "At this time the best answer to that question is; the money is gone."

Edited by Tekilla

That's good news. I am truly happy for you guys.

I spoke with her the other day. She does not have mine. However, she does recognize my name. She said she saw a small box with my name on it at Pauly's place on 10 March and he refused to turn it over to her-- I can only assume because I got Salem PD involved.

Paul even has a prepaid label I sent him. I am so pissed off.

No phone call, but my parts were in the mailbox. Looks like he started grinding the bottom of the carrier, but nothing else. All is well. Yes, I sent the OR DOJ a check for the postage. That's the least I could do.

• Like 1

I waited to post until I heard something. I got a call from Marlene this morning and she said that my parts were also shipping today via USPS. Hopefully by Friday I will know if anything was done or not and if not, time to go local. Hopefully more of you will be getting your items soon as well. 

Edited by RFHavens

The question for us is: "After recieving our parts, do we allign with those who did not in pounding the last nails into this proverbial coffin?"

In other words, do we file a theft report with the Oregon State Police for the money we paid for services that have not been rendered?

What do you all have to say about this?

Edited by MightyLordRay
  • Like 1

I have no dog in this fight except when Pauly cried for help, quite a few of us revealed more about ourselves than we normally would, even to a friend. We tried to give him the encouragement to battle his demons by letting him know he was not alone. Made fools out of us because we cared for a fellow human being. He had to be forced to give up the parts and he isn't even the one sending them back. Every one who sent parts must get them, no excuses and he should be held accountable for ALL MONIES RECEIVED. Even with restitution and I highly doubt that will happen, where I come from, he's still considered a thief. In my eyes, your eyes and most importantly in his eyes. He can never be trusted for what he has done. He betrayed a lot of good people and until all is totally remedied, it's still open season on his ass. He deserves whatever punishment he gets and more, but it doesn't sound like he'll suffer the way he has made others suffer. Perhaps I am being too harsh in my opinions, but I was a couple days away from sending both my bolts to him when he started his drunken rants. That is why my feeling are so strong about stealing. I lost four guns 21 years ago to a thief. I've replaced all but one and I'd still like five minutes alone with the perp. I'm hoping each one of you get all your parts back as well as your money. If I was religious I'd say bless you for having more patience than I.

• Like 3
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.