Things appear to be working out

Question

By the good grace of an upper power, I received my parts back from Paul yesterday.  Pics attached to confirm.  He included a sincere sounding note, gas port gauges, and a sticker.  This REALLY made me day!  Now the million dollar question, why am I the first to receive their parts?

I have made a pretty hard effort in getting my parts back.  I sent Paul boxes to ship my parts back on two occasions… once with a check for money to ship them and once with a prepaid label so he could just pack and ship them free to him.  I will note my check was NOT cashed, and the prepaid label was NOT used.  Paul finished my parts (they look AMAZING) and shipped them back to me on his own dime.  I believe Paul is a good guy deep down and really did hit some troubles that turned this situation bad for all of us.

I am local to the Salem/Portland area, so I filed a police report in Salem.  An officer was actually able to reach Paul via phone and spoke with him.  I don’t know what the phone number was, but it was not the (971) or (503) number posted on here.  At Paul’s request, the officer could not release the number to me.  Paul said he had had a rough year and was going through tough times.  He said my parts were about half done and would have them done in a about a week and a half.  That was about a month ago. 

A couple of weeks ago I actually went to the Molalla address that was posted on here and talked with a fellow who claimed to be Mark Pawloski but did not know of a Paul Pawloski.  I did that about a week and a half ago.  The man didn’t sound like Paul in the Youtube videos, but did sound like the voicemail greeting on the (971) number.

I make the note that I shipped my parts to Paul 6/25/13, so I am not near the front of the line.  I think Paul got scared that I was involving the authorities and was actively looking for him.  I am extremely happy to have my parts back but very perplexed why I got my parts before anyone else has (at least before anyone that posts on here).  Paul obviously can perform work now, and his note indicates he can finish the workload he has.

I am sorry to say I have had no contact with Paul since June of 2013, so I cannot offer any assistance to anyone trying to contact him.  With this, all I can say is Paul still has the parts.  It sure seems like he is a man of his word that he wants to make good on his promises.  The parts returned are mine.  I know this by the serial on the bolt and carrier but also because I custom profiled my hammer to function with my LRBHO.  After installing the internals, it test cycles and fires on snap caps. 

I believe Paul has everyone’s parts still and has the capability to finish them.  I think he was scared that I might get to him, so he finished my parts and got them to me.  I thank him gratefully for that, but plead him to make good with everyone else as soon as he can before he gets into any trouble.  Another note I will make it that I never bad mouthed Paul on the forums or left him any nasty messages.  All the voicemails, emails, and letters I sent were polite and professional.  That may have played to my advantage; acting threatening and childish usually doesn't get you anywhere in life anyhow.  If the bickering and name calling on here stops... maybe Paul will feel more obligated to help everyone else out.  Could be a combination of things, but it worked for me, I got my parts back from Paul. Finished.

post-41061-0-44764500-1408108997_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-48056300-1408109128_thumb.jpg

post-41061-0-07470300-1408109156_thumb.jpg

Edited by yfzrevo450
  • Like 3
  • Answers 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I can say from experience that being a moderator is not easy. I did it in a forum that was a piece of cake compared to this one and it was still hard work. Being a moderator here and even semi-patient

I was 1st on the list I had the RSB, I'm happy to report I received my parts today as promised.

Drove up and had a great visit with Shannon from Cobra's Custom and left my parts #001 in his very capable hands to get done like they should be. I saw and handled a lot of his work that he did on an

Posted Images

as long as we all get our stuff back.

Nobody is getting any of their stuff back if he goes to jail for this. Of this I'm pretty sure. Probably a pretty good chance you will get them back if he doesn't being parts seem to be trickling out.

He will forever be a fuken thief, as he stole EVERYONES security bad_egg.gif

You are entitled to feel that way but do you honestly believed he asked to lose his business and all his tools and make enemies of all of you or do you think maybe life dealt him a few shitty cards and now he's just trying to finish what he started?

I would say put the emotions aside and really think about it but I won't. You aren't going to change how you feel just because of what I said and don't blame you.

Hope you all get your parts back.

Okay, so lets put emotion aside and look at Paul for the true thief that he is. Every single one of the people that sent their parts and money to him, and have been made to live in fear of never seeing their parts again, ended up being adversely affected by Paul's actions. Some will probably never trust anyone again because of it. These peoples security was stolen by Paul, and that is a fact, not a feeling. The fact that Paul did this to people doesn't have a fuken thing to do with the way I feel. I will also add that whether or not his actions were intentional or not does not change the outcome. And by the way, there is every indication that drinking and drugging played a major part in the demise of said business, defend that if you want to, but it doesn't change the outcome, these people had their security stolen by Paul. I deal with alcoholics every day, some get better, most just stumble along to a miserable end, another fact.

It might not change what happened, time that passed and his closed business. Nobody knows exactly what happened to Pauly. I have done business with people and little mom/pop Internet businesses on many different forums before, during and will continue way after all this is nothing but a faded memory. But at least we are getting our parts back. I got mine today good luck to you all that are still waiting...

• Like 1

I really hope these parts continue to trickle out.  I was #5 on the old list.  Sent my parts to Paul back in January of 2013.  Sadly, I got the Ice Rack, and a vertical charging handle.  I haven't received any replies to email, or contact in any form.  It looks like it could be a long wait for me yet.  Fingers crossed...

Since there has been 3 people who got back their parts I will be putting my plans on hold, for now.  Ill see if they can possibly "reschedule" me for a couple of weeks out. The good thing is, I have some pretty damn good information this time that will more than likely not end well for Paul. Thank you for that, you know who you are :)

I have a feeling once I go thru with it, there will be no turning back and then everyone's parts for sure will be in limbo. Thats not what I want, but if he doesn't stick to it this time then i will push forward. Lets see how this plays out, maybe parts are all trickling back. I sure hope people keep posting good news cause it sure is needed in here.

Im right there with you DoberMama, same wait and im position 7 on the old list sent Jan 2013.

he said he was only contacting people who he had finished their parts to ensure correct contact information, paul also has other clients from other websites, he said he was sending out 1 set a day the past week, he said he had limited tools and power to get the work done, like i said earlier i offered to send him some extra cash to help get others parts back, but he has not logged back into fourms since he had messaged me.

I sent eight parts including the bolt and carrier to Pauli on February 14, 2013 and he acknowledged receipt in an e-mail to me on 16 February 2013. Then nothing for one year, six months and three days. Received the following e-mail:

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:11:48 -0700
Subject: Re: How May I Help?

To: xxxxxxxxxxxx:
Sorry for my absence, the shop closed and I'm playing catch-up. However your parts are ready to ship, I just need to confirm the address is still the same xxxx address.. 
Please get back to me and they'll ship Monday Morning.

Paul M. Pawlowski

I confirmed my address on Monday, 18 August 2014 and he sent the package on Monday the 18th, Insured, containing all the parts which arrived on Wednesday, 20 August 2014. From Oregon to Florida in three days. His machining expertise has not diminished as the results are beyond compare - they appear to have been polished to a chromed finish!

The subject: "How May I Help" in his e-mail came from an e-mail I had sent to him on 24 March 2014 offering to send a pre-paid "If It Fits it Ships" US Mail box to off-set the mailing costs. He did not accept my offer.

To all still awaiting the return of your parts, The WWII British phrase "Keep Calm, Carry On" seems appropriate, tremendous frustration and helpless feelings aside.

He may have "troubles" but you can't deny his apparent determination to "make things right". For my part, I am ecstatic that I no longer have a thousand dollar "door stop". Thank you Pauli.

• Like 2

I hope things continue to look up. I got my parts done by Pauly obviously just before he went over the edge. He did a great job on my bolt & carrier, so I know he is capable of good work. Keep going Pauly, get these guys their parts and keep the quality up. Saigas don't make great door stops or paper weights.

• Like 2

Paul PM'd me.  He was working on my parts today and should be shipping out Monday.  Will provide an update once I receive something.

All past negatives aside for the moment - good on you Paul.  Keep going please and good progress this last week for sure.

• Like 2

Paul PM'd me.  He was working on my parts today and should be shipping out Monday.  Will provide an update once I receive something.

All past negatives aside for the moment - good on you Paul.  Keep going please and good progress this last week for sure.

Is it time to refresh the list on the first post on this thread? http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91442-what-happened/

It appears a lot has happened in the last several months. Parts are being completed and shipped, and IIRC, all other parts may be safe, and not lost, seized, or trashed.

Edited by JohnnyE

good for him.. whatever the issue was.. I give him a ton of credit for seeing it through.. it may still be frustrating for people.. but hey.. at least he is making it right..

really excited to see all your parts finally coming back!

• Like 1

Hey guys... Paul here.
Just a heads up, I'm on mod preview, so I'll make it short and sweet.

Parts are shipping.
I'm currently just knocking out basic GlassBolts because I'm working in the most archaic environment possible, with just basic tools.
Yeah, talk about Shadetree Gunsmithing, lol...

post-19652-0-07552500-1410839841_thumb.jpg

I just recently figured out how to do an IceRack without a bead blaster, so those are coming too.
Next, I'll be making a $250.00 extension cord to weld with.
In between, i need to build the shed that goes on the platform pictured for the guy letting me do work on his property. (In exchange for letting me use his property, I wired his house with 220V, I'm building him a shop, and hooking him up with a bunch of tools I'll no longer need)
The business is now CLOSED, but everything will be shipping, with the work completed.

I'm sorry I haven't been in contact, but the reason is very basic.
Everybody had the same questions, and all I could have answered was one single word... "Bankruptcy".
If I'd done that & shipped 40 incomplete sets back, then I really WOULD have ripped everybody off.
I'm not going to do that.
I really am sorry for the inconvenience, but a few years from now, I'd rather be that bastard that took over a year to complete parts, and have them still be treated with the best, most consistent & detailed workmanship this platform has ever seen, then be that scuzzball who scammed everybody out of money.

Much has changed with my process, but the vast majority of everything I ship will still be the same, sans the bead blasted finish.

That's really all I can say.
I'm contacting people when their parts are done to confirm their address hasn't changed before I ship, but cannot estimate how long this or that individule piece will take.
Right now, 593, 928, 068, 623, 080, & 500 are about to ship this week.

That's all I can say. My organizational structure was completely abolished when the shop closed and everything went into storage.

I'm just grabbing as much shit as I can complete, and working it all through the processes on my off time from welding ships together...
That said, those who have welding work to be done, can rest assured that they are getting the ONLY work done that's performed by a 2-g, 3-g, 4-g & 6-g certified weldor, who routinely & professionally delivers ex-ray inspected perfect welds.

Once again, I do apologize for lacks of communication, and I do realize I've caused some hardship with my absence. But there IS a game plan, and everybody WILL be stoked on what they get.

Peace and Grace;
Paul Pawlowski

• Like 4
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.