Check out brassfetcher on youtube. It aint just for target training.

well, the shit that I was issued and used was terrible. you hit your target center mass and it kept coming at you.

you ever shoot anything that was coming after you?

they guys down in texas made some very expensive blended metal bullets years ago. it worked so well that the PMC guys over in the shit hole stopped using it after the first encounter. they figured some liberal asshole would sue them for using it.

Edited by Stryker0946

well, the shit that I was issued and used was terrible. you hit your target center mass and it kept coming at you.

they guys down in texas made some very expensive blended metal bullets years ago. it worked so well that the PMC guys over in the shit hole stopped using it after the first encounter. they figured some liberal asshole would sue them for using it.

Thre were plenty of people who were shot with 30 cal and continued to fight. One cop was shot in the face with a 45 and then fought and killed the bad guy. guess 45 and 7.62 are good for target practice only 

Thre were plenty of people who were shot with 30 cal and continued to fight. One cop was shot in the face with a 45 and then fought and killed the bad guy. guess 45 and 7.62 are good for target practice only 

I agree... Time to stop fucking around.

• Like 1

I guess I don't count since I'm on this forum. Go talk to any other combat infantryman who has had to shoot at targets that will fire back. The 5.56 got more people killed than any other fucking round on the planet. It's the perfect round for wounding a target.

Don't ask a truck driver, ask an army or marine infantry what their thoughts on the worthless whore of a round, 5.56 nato is.

The problems with this round started in nam with the wrong powder and continue to this day with walking wounded.

The 5.56 is a great target round and also works well for coyote.

Erik, have you ever been in a fire fight with a 5.56. Have you ever had to shoot someone multiple times to get them to stop firing at your friends? If you are supporting the 5.56 round for military use, I suspect not.

Edited by Stryker0946

There are effective loads for the 5.56mm.  The M855 is not one of those loads.  The bullet fails to upset unless it hits bone.  0.22" hole doesn't do much.  Especially if the barrel is less than 20".

I wouldn't buy M855 even for practice.

SP bullets or very heavy bullets are preferred if fleshy targets are anticipated.

But I do like shooting the 5.56mm at targets that aren't shooting back so 55gr fmj does nicely.

• Like 1

I guess I don't count since I'm on this forum. Go talk to any other combat infantryman who has had to shoot at targets that will fire back. The 5.56 got more people killed than any other fucking round on the planet. It's the perfect round for wounding a target.

Don't ask a truck driver, ask an army or marine infantry what their thoughts on the worthless whore of a round, 5.56 nato is.

The problems with this round started in nam with the wrong powder and continue to this day with walking wounded.

Erik, have you ever been in a fire fight with a 5.56. Have you ever had to shoot someone multiple times to get them to stop firing at your friends? If you are supporting the 5.56 round for military use, I suspect not.

No, I have not. All I can do is read from people like you. You say "problem!".....I can go on another board with other veterans who say "what problem?" Then thee are the proponents of the 30 cal. But if you look it up, there have been plenty of people who lived after getting shot with a 30 cal. Most of my friends are from the Balkans. Quiet a lot of stories of peole not dying from multiple hit of 7.62x39. Even some stories of peole not stopping after being turned into Swiss cheese. There was even a story of one Indian guy who took severall 7.62 nato rounds from machine gun fire while climbing a side of a cliff. He finished climbing, killed everyone in the first machine gun nest then ran to the next one under heavy fire and killed them all.....with nothing more then a knife and a granade. Im paraphrasing here, I read the story a few years ago.

So, to me the bottom line is .....where there are lots of people and lots of bullets flying anything is possible and nothing is guarantied

No, I have not. All I can do is read from people like you. You say "problem!".....I can go on another board with other veterans who say "what problem?" Then thee are the proponents of the 30 cal. But if you look it up, there have been plenty of people who lived after getting shot with a 30 cal. Most of my friends are from the Balkans. Quiet a lot of stories of peole not dying from multiple hit of 7.62x39. Even some stories of peole not stopping after being turned into Swiss cheese. There was even a story of one Indian guy who took severall 7.62 nato rounds from machine gun fire while climbing a side of a cliff. He finished climbing, killed everyone in the first machine gun nest then ran to the next one under heavy fire and killed them all.....with nothing more then a knife and a granade. Im paraphrasing here, I read the story a few years ago.

So, to me the bottom line is .....where there are lots of people and lots of bullets flying anything is possible and nothing is guarantied

Don't take my word for it. Look for a man with a blue para cord draped over their shoulder and a few tabs on their arm. Thank them for their service and ask them what they think of 5.56 nato. Don't ask your support role buddies. As the men that kicked in doors all day long and had no other skill when they got out of the service. Support roles are a critical part of the service but they know jack and shit about combat arms. The 5.56 nato would be a good weapon for a support role position like a truck driver or an office administrator. I don't know of any infantrymen who would pick 5.56 over 7.62. We already have everything but the kitchen sink in our ruck sack. A few extra pounds wont kill us. And, if you think about it. We would shoot less and save ammo.

You keep mentioning .30 caliber. That includes about a hundred different kind of rounds. I'm talking about 7.62x51mm and 5.56x45mm. Even our old WW2 round of (.30cal Carbine) was a little ass kicker, coming in at 7.62x33mm. As time goes on, the cost of war goes up and the fucking bean counters want to save a buck on infantry supplies.

Look at the pussification of the ammunition over the years in war.

Infantry should be using ammunition that blows you in half the first shot. If it keeps going down this road, we will be using pepper spray, playing touch football and having slap fights with your female infantrywoman who refuses to take off her red head piece.

Don't take my word for it. Look for a man with a blue para cord draped over their shoulder and a few tabs on their arm. Thank them for their service and ask them what they think of 5.56 nato. Don't ask your support role buddies. As the men that kicked in doors all day long and had no other skill when they got out of the service. Support roles are a critical part of the service but they know jack and shit about combat arms. The 5.56 nato would be a good weapon for a support role position like a truck driver or an office administrator. I don't know of any infantrymen who would pick 5.56 over 7.62. We already have everything but the kitchen sink in our ruck sack. A few extra pounds wont kill us. And, if you think about it. We would shoot less and save ammo.

You keep mentioning .30 caliber. That includes about a hundred different kind of rounds. I'm talking about 7.62x51mm and 5.56x45mm. Even our old WW2 round of (.30cal Carbine) was a little ass kicker, coming in at 7.62x33mm. As time goes on, the cost of war goes up and the fucking bean counters want to save a buck on infantry supplies.

Look at the pussification of the ammunition over the years in war.

Infantry should be using ammunition that blows you in half the first shot. If it keeps going down this road, we will be using pepper spray, playing touch football and having slap fights with your female infantrywoman who refuses to take off her red head piece.

Well I did ask my friend's father, who was running around VIetnam, and he said 5.56 worked just fine for him.  Of course I'm guessing he was shooting 100 pound Vietnamese men.  Oh, and he wasn't straight infantry either, he was some kind of special ops although I admit I have never asked him.  I have had like 2 conversations with him about Vietnam because he doesn't like  to talk about it.  I only mention that because these were not infantry battles he was fighting.  He was pretty up close and personal.

The M193 from a full length M16 is pretty effective. 

The combination of the M855 (which is just adequate from a 20" barrel) with the 14.5" M4 is the biggest reason for the poor performance of the 5.56mm in the last 25 years.

And this new M855A1 is a farce.  If you're not up on it do a google search.  Absolute joke.

Well I did ask my friend's father, who was running around VIetnam, and he said 5.56 worked just fine for him.  Of course I'm guessing he was shooting 100 pound Vietnamese men. 

You might want to realign your perception of the enemy in Vietnam... My Dad told me a story of a VC running toward a structure of some sort (can't remember anymore) and they had to open up on him... He was hit multiple times and was able to make it into a 55 gallon steel trash drum (a tragic tactical error on his part) and returned fire for a minute or so until enough solider opened up on the drum the only thing left was slurry. Popular opinion was that he was on drugs of some sort...

So... That's the one story, that I have second hand, of a VC taking a bunch of 5.56 rounds and still staying in the fight for a bit. Maybe x39 or x51 would have been the same story? We'll never know...

Well not to dawdle from the current discussion, I just bought online 1000 rounds of federal xm193bk for $299 and with shipping it was $325.99. That's .32 a round. Only .02 more than steel case tula or wolf. If you guys are looking for some I can tell you where to get this "daily deal".