Shells not ejecting properly

I went to the range to fire my saiga 12 for the first time. I am using federal 2 3/4 ammo. Everytime I fired the shell casing got stuck and I would manually have to extract the shell, which was half way out. I was using a 17 round sgm mag. Can any one help me?

Were you on setting #2, and have you polished the hammer and carrier yet?

Most S-12 problems are action friction or fit related.  Only if the factory ports are obstructed or partially drilled will the gun be undergassed at the 3 dram level and require knocking off the gas block and redrilling.  I have one S12 functioning perfect at the 2 3/4 dram level with the 4 factory ports.  So there is enough gas to do it!  My other 4 S12's run from 40% to 80% reliability at 2 3/4 dram.  3 dram is considered the basement for these guns.

It sounds like you are stove piping with the shell sticking out of the action.  So the shell is hitting the ejector, but without getting enough force to knock it completely clear of the action.  Definetly a friction problem.  Polish the top of the hammer and the bottom of the bolt carrier enough to remove all the finish.  Use an Arkansas stone and oil.

There are many many threads here which deal with giving a systematic approach to sorting this out. One of them is linked in my signature. You are better to read through the old developed threads than to try to get people to rehash the same advice. It takes time to write good thorough accurate help. Quicky replies won't be as helpful as a step by step guide that keeps things in order of priority.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

17 round SGM mags? I feel like I have been hiding under a rock.

It was all I could do to keep from imagining just how "big" that would be!!!! Lmao

Thinking about it reminds me of those old 75 round AK stick mags that curved up almost to the barrel. I remember some old pics of some coupled 20 rounders. They were ridiculous.

• Like 1