So many of you have posted links to news stories via Yahoo (Liberal) and the "Huff Post" (also very Liberal).

Where does a guy go to get the facts without any slant, one way or the other?

A reporter or network that omits facts is just as guilty of lying. They deserve justice at the hands of their audience.

Fox News is no better than MSNBC, IMHO.

I just want the facts, as they become available.

Reddit seems to have a good news page.

Opinions?

Edited by Sim_Player

It's tough to get unbiased news since most mainstream news media is controlled by a relatively small number of companies and owners.

Billionaire libs like Turner, Murdoch, and Bloomberg control a huge amount of the media we see.

I look at the Fox & CNN websites for the mainstream crap.

There's breitbart.com for possibly more accurate reporting on major world news.

I just try to keep in mind that the biggest news stories that get released (no matter what the source) are at least 50% BS.

i use drudge report...seems to be some what accurate. it's on the conservative side though.

Yep, I knew there was one I was missing.... Drudge is good.

Edited by Spartacus

Fox seems to me to be the most accurate for MSM.  The bar is not very high, so I watch them with a skeptical eye. 

My wife still looks at the news as "the news".  She looks at me like I'm crazy when I'm yelling at the tv when the local news is on saying they are fucking liars.

At this point, I think the weather cunt is even a fucking liar as she never gets shit right unless it's dumping on her dumb ass head.haha.gif

• Like 2

C-SPAN is where I go for political news.  For international news I listen to Fox, CNN, and RT.  I get to hear three different stories about exactly the same thing blaming three different sets of people or groups. I don't believe anyone or anything I see on TV anymore.  Same goes for print since it's overwhelmingly liberal journalists putting their spin on news.

Saying that Fox News is no better than MSNBC is a pretty far stretch, IMHO. As Dad alluded to in post #8, it's best to have multiple sources of information so that you can form your own ideas of what the truth might be. I too love it here when something big is going on, because we do have members who are much more interwebs savvy than I am, and they seem to always be right on top of things.

Reddit has a vast amount of information, if you can dig the diamonds from the shit.  There are alot of differing viewpoints and opposing subsections, so its not bad if you can put the time in.

Most media networks have their own political agendas to push and viewer base to pander to.  Knowing their individual allegiances and motivations is key to seeing through their bullshit, which is the real goal.

To get the most complete story, you need to balance the agendas of the media networks, and play them against each other. 

Its hard work to find good, fact based information.  There is no magic bullet and no network that is not biased in one way or another.  

Alot of it also depends on what you've been programmed to believe.....

One must harvest information from various sources to find a balance. Reading, talk radio (not Rush or Hannity), Internet. I run an RSS reader on  my Firefox browser (Sage) and have about 100 sites loaded. I do not watch TV very often and I can't remember the last time Ii went to a movie theater. Just a few book I have been reading lately in the links. I can tell you from personal experience, the more you read, the more your vision will become clearer and the more pissed off you will become. I do not subscribe to any local news papers.

http://www.leaderu.com/ftissues/ft9708/reviews/ponnuru.html

http://skyrideraj.appspot.com/amazon.com/gp/product/1596985062/ref=nosim/?tag=johnrlotttrip-20

http://www.amazon.com/Demonic-How-Liberal-Endangering-America/dp/0307353494

http://www.amazon.com/Still-Best-Hope-American-Triumph/dp/0061985139

A couple of real time gun bots I visit:

http://thegunwire.com/

http://badblue.bitnamiapp.com/trendr8.htm

Yak

• Like 3

I use a bunch. From town hall to infowars, as well as a lot of foreign outlets such as the Irish Times. I avoid the large outlets since they rarely cover the real news and only try to keep your mind in one spot.

More important than where you get your news is knowing how to read between the lines and recognizing when a story is being slanted. Because the fact of the matter is you can't trust any one source for totally accurate information. It just doesn't exist. It's pretty easy for me to pick out what is established as fact, what is just being alluded to as fact, and what is "fluff" or part of an agenda. If a journalist says or writes something I want to hear his source, and then I consider how credible the source is. I discount everything as suspect until it's backed up by multiple competing news sources or credible experts outside of the media weighing in.

• Like 4

Where to go for impartial news?

Great question. Impartial Journalistic integrity is apparently no longer part of the profession.

It seems news corporations go for the ratings. If shit is a hot seller this week then shit is what " they " report on. Next week it's whatever tops the social media click list.

I look for " news " from sources motivated by the same principles that I consider important.

• Like 1

full-spectrum-dominance.com

*edit*

Not impartial.  Nothing is purely objective except consciousness.  This site has a bent, but links to great info/blogs as well as providing an interesting collection of news stories.

Edited by Padrooga