New Saiga finish?

Hey! I just recently got a new Saiga! It's a great shooter, but there seems to be these scratches/rough patches that seem to be in the receiver! I post-49762-0-31829800-1408850559_thumb.jpg

post-49762-0-14940500-1408850570_thumb.jpg

These seem to be deep scratches, and there are two or three patches like this all around the receiver! Is there any way to fix this? If I refinish the receiver in something thicker, will it hide those scratches? Oh, BTW, this is one of those century converted saigas. Besides the scratches, everything else seems to run fine! 

ALSO!! Is there any kind of paint that can fix this? post-49762-0-75822300-1408855606_thumb.jpg There was a bit of gunk stuck in that corner there, and I took a brass brush to it, seems to have taken the finish off! I don't think that was bluing, seems to have just been cheap black paint, any suggestions on what paint to use to touch that up?

Edited by Staplehead
  • Like 1

I believe those are called "Century monkey marks"

Depending how deep they are, you might be able to buff them out before you refinish - or you might just fill them by using one of the many paint-style finishes.

• Like 1

Or if you like the parkerized look, you might find it underneath the factory paint. Spray with non chlorinated brake cleaner to completely remove the factory paint. You may find a nice factory park job, or you might not. If you don't, paint it with the Duplicolor DE1634, it's stronger than the factory paint.

• Like 1