I don't know how accurate this is or how often its updated.

And keep in mind it covers all police departments within the county as well as the county sheriff department.

Search here:

http://bridge.caspio.net/dp.asp?appSession=564118892432641&cbSearchAgain=true&AppKey=36701000b255adcfe6ca4b13a8a4

Almost twelve pages, approx 600 +/-  of, "Rifle, 5.56mm"  shipped to Mobile County, Alabama.

Edited by ChileRelleno

It sure looks like they did.

did they get some MRAPS to carry them around in

AL MOBILE TRUCK,ARMORED 1 Each $65,070.00

3/21/2013

AL MOBILE TRUCK,CARGO 1 EA $46,750.00

AL MOBILE TRUCK,CARGO 1 EA $85,946.00

AL MOBILE TRUCK,CARGO 1 EA $13,540.00

It sure looks like they did.

did they get some MRAPS to carry them around in

AL MOBILE TRUCK,ARMORED 1 Each $65,070.00

3/21/2013

AL MOBILE TRUCK,CARGO 1 EA $46,750.00

AL MOBILE TRUCK,CARGO 1 EA $85,946.00

AL MOBILE TRUCK,CARGO 1 EA $13,540.00

we only got equipment that serves our counties needs, no guns needed , an armoured vehicle would be nice for safety now and then.

we wont ever have a riot or civil unrest out here, not near enough scum to do any of that

And cowboys and ranchers dont behave that way .

but in AL you will at some time....need all you can get

Ok, so I've been watching military vehicles going east, on semi trailer transport, by my place of employment almost daily since April(ish). The trucks have anywhere from a 45 minute to 2 hour turnaround, and 75% of the time are empty on the return trip. Sometimes half a dozen trucks a day, sometimes 1-2. Sometimes desert tan cargo containers. sometimes tarped flatbeds, sometimes APCs. They seem to be slowing to a couple days per week now. 

I can see the road from my perch for about 8 hours a day. I notice things.

• Like 1

I wonder what exactly "IMAGE INTENSIFIER, NIGHT VISION" is and why my county needed a shitload of them. Like, three pages of them - at a claimed value of $10,747 each, then more pages of the same thing but valued at $6,800. Like, maybe one for every officer in the department. There about 800 in the Omaha Police Department, not sure how many in the Douglas County Sheriff's office, but many fewer than the city.

I would also be wary of trusting this information as accurate - our local Sheriff's Office recently took delivery of a surplus armored vehicle, and that is not listed here.

• Like 1

I would also be wary of trusting this information as accurate - our local Sheriff's Office recently took delivery of a surplus armored vehicle, and that is not listed here.

As I stated, "I don't know how accurate this is or how often its updated."

• Like 1

Couple pages of cold weather gear and 3 pages of 5.56 rifle sent to Anchorage. Good post! Blatent misuse of federal money. They've been using the cover of terrorism to militarize every police force in America for nearly fifteen years. Time to turn the spicket off! Fear mongering may have worked ten years ago but that card has been over played.

• Like 5

On the one hand, maybe the Police should not have all of that.

On the other hand, if something like the North Hollywood Bank Robbery happened in my area, I'd want the first responders to have a damn RPG!

I do NOT think the Ohio State Univ. Camus Cops need a freaking MRAP!!

Yep, OSU Police have an MRAP.

• Like 3

PA ALLEGHENY MINE RESISTANT VEHICLE 1 Each $733,000.00 2/13/2014

WTF do they need a mine resistant vehicle for? All the land mines in Allegheny County?

M16s, 7.62 rifles, optics, LOTS of night vision for Blair CTY, Laser rangefinders, Philly bought scores of M16s, 

WTF do cops need THIS for?? 

PA PHILADELPHIA CAMOUFLAGE NET SYSTEM,RADAR SCATTERING 4 Each $1,445.00 12/27/2011

We live in scary times.

...at those prices, I'd have a few M16s too...if I was PERMITTED by our .gov.

Edited by patriot

On the one hand, maybe the Police should not have all of that.

On the other hand, if something like the North Hollywood Bank Robbery happened in my area, I'd want the first responders to have a damn RPG!

I do NOT think the Ohio State Univ. Camus Cops need a freaking MRAP!!

Yep, OSU Police have an MRAP.

They have proved that they cannot be trusted with them, hell the military seems to be more restrictive with weapons/armaments than the civil police. Maybe I have a fucked up perception of them, but that's how I view them. The argument that "well they don't ALL act like stormtroopers" just doesn't quite cut it, as there is now enough of them acting in this manner to draw enough public attention to the problem. Look at what they did in Boston, then ask yourself if you are really okay with living in a country where that can be done at any given time, for any given reason, all over this land. And if you decide that you are okay with it, then pack your shit and go back to mother England, or some other shithole that treats their people like that.

There are reasons that we, as a civil society, have limited the police and the military in the manner that they interact with us while performing their duties that WE fucking ALLOW THEM.

I could care less what our government has. Just so long as they have plenty of weapons and ammo. If the shit ever did hit the fan it would be more gear for me. That shit will get spread out. Please air drop more ammo.

Feel safe when your county has a few billion rounds in town. Be happy that everybody has firearms and ammo. I have been to countries where there is very little weaponry and ammo. The get fucked over all the time. The countries that have lots of gear usually end out ok in the end.

If uncle sam having more ammo than you bothers you, buy more ammo and earn better shit than they have. It's not that hard to do.

Let them piss away money in the MRAP. I will be happy as hell in a spray bombed old toyota. Good luck catching me. More ammo for them means more ammo for us in the end.

Keep your skills sharp and eye on the prize gents.

• Like 3