I'm not suprized!  When I worked for a auto detailer that prepped squads for auction, we'd find weapons, drugs, and ammo all the time.  One department brought their vehicle in with an MP5 still in the trunk!  We also saw lots of AR's and shotguns.  Piss poor accountability in most departments.

I'm not suprized!  When I worked for a auto detailer that prepped squads for auction, we'd find weapons, drugs, and ammo all the time.  One department brought their vehicle in with an MP5 still in the trunk!  We also saw lots of AR's and shotguns.  Piss poor accountability in most departments.

Yep...and those usually got passed down to us. After the Dpt, the detailer the auction co. and the truck driver who delivered them....we would still find ammo, mags, drugs, sex toys.....yes sex toys, radios, and and a shotgun every so often.

In fact, in my desk right now is a box of Speer Gold Dot 230gr 45acp that I got about a month ago!

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

We'd fill a 5 gallon pail of ammo a month from squads.  The back seats were a gold mine for goodies that the pat down missed.  

Ever wonder why your phone bill is so high?  The phone trucks came filled with enough stuff that you could start your own phone company.

I can't get the original link to work.  Colorado probably has so much crap they shouldn't that it shut down the server?

nothing as sinister as that. that link is on every gunboard on the net, and probably on a bunch of other discussions  boards. since it's Saturday, when most people are off,  I would suspect that the server got inundated by everybody and their brother clicking on that link that it  overburden the server and it just crashed. 

once the hoopla dies off, in a day or so, it will be like it was before that link was spread, very low traffic

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Some of the comments under the article are great i.e...........

Huntington Beach Police Lieutenant Mitchell O'Brien told Fusion. “An investigation was inconclusive as to how that occurred.”

THIS is exactly one of the reasons trust in police is at an all time low. This kind of flippant, bureaucratic and meaningless nonsense of a statement happens all the time with police. Inconclusive? How would that work out for me if the IRS came knocking and I told them the results of a search for records they wanted were inconclusive? Or if I ran a pharmacy and DEA wanted to know why there were discrepancies in the amount of controlled drugs sold vs in inventory?

This is just another indication of a TOTAL lack of accountability or even caring about accountability in police departments and law enforcement in general. Investigation was inconclusive? Shove your inconclusive up you investigation. Show you actually care and take seriously your duty to the taxpayers and maybe we'll start trusting that you're here for our best interest and not your own. If I was in charge and I heard this there'd be people fired. Guns would go back to the Pentagon. Full public accounting would be made. I guess I don't have a career in law enforcement since I think they are supposed to be acting for the public good.