"Wow", just a big sad & disheartened, "wow".
How many time must we see such tragic happenings repeat themselves.

I lay 100% of any blame on the Instructor, in my book, he killed himself.
No doubt this is a tragedy, but a wholly avoidable one.
Learning to control recoil takes experience, to go from one or two shots to full auto is negligence.
And that negligence cost him his life & undoubtedly will have lasting psychological effects on the girl.
Shame, she will probably be a rabid anti-gunner, & her parents too.

Is nine years old too young to shoot a firearm, even a full auto? No.
But much more instruction & time is needed to build experience & skills.
Mounting the machinegun is another option that would control the weapon.

• Like 9

The same thing happened with a young boy a few years ago with a Uzi Mini. The cycle rate is so fast it turned up on him and shot himself in the head. I think when young kids/small woman are involved there needs to be some thought as to caliber and full auto's. Too many close calls posted on Youtube showing near accidents that get played off as being funny. Sad day for all involved.

• Like 6

Did no one learn from this incedent?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jurors-uzi-trial-brace-graphic-replay/story?id=12556398

I guess not.....   Yeah stupid is what stupid does.....

dam day late and a dollar short, sry 6500 did not see your post...  wet_eyes.gif

Hell just do a search    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=boy%20kills%20himself%20with%20machine%20gun

What kills me is that these so called instructors, just hand over a FA knowing that the dam thing IS GOING to climb! Hell I have watched grown men unable to control a FA weapon, I do not want to pass blame on anyone, but I would have done it differently.

I'm surprised a head shot was lethal for him. Clearly nothing going on up there.

Seems like getting shot in the head would be the best case scenario for a brainless boob. Who knew?

Sure sucks for the kid. Hope she works through it.

It could have been much worse. She might have shot her parents or herself.

Next time you start to post something about us "safety nazis" think about this and every other tragedy that would have been prevented if a safety nazi had stepped in.

There are no accidents when it comes to firearms. Only negligence.

• Like 1

One thing for absolute sure.  This story is flying around the internet "proving" that guns are evil and making even more sheeple.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the parents making the rounds of the liberal media.  As much as the liberals hate guns, they love gun horror stories.

• Like 2

One thing for absolute sure.  This story is flying around the internet "proving" that guns are evil and making even more sheeple.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the parents making the rounds of the liberal media.  As much as the liberals hate guns, they love gun horror stories.

Yep... the mommy cult will trumpet this as proof that we need an "assault weapons" ban.

Makes no difference to them that a short barreled full auto Uzi is in a totally different class than semi-auto AR-15's & AK's.

They will demand that they all be banned.

Dont worry, MDA will be all over this, as well as a bunch of other fuck stains who hate our liberties. Instead of an Uzi, she should have been handed a 10/22.

When I taught my buddy's boy to shoot my AK's, he did what many kids do. Held on to the weapon for dear life after the first round to try and hold on to it, including the trigger.  But with a FA gun, we all know what happens when that is done. Thats likely what happened here. A negligent accident, that cost dude his life, and scarred a child, and now gives the anti-gunners fresh fuel to add to their efforts.

• Like 1

Well he's standing at her left, when it happens. I'm no instructor, but I'd rather be more behind the shooter.

http://www.kaotic.com/41913_Shooting-Videos-Gun-Instructor-Takes-One-In-The-Brain-Showing-A-9-Y/O-How-To-Fire-An-Uzi.html

I am an instructor and I generally stand to the left behind for right handed students, but close enough to intervene if necessary.  I would never.  Never.  NEVER hand an Uzi to an inexperienced child shooter.

Instead of an Uzi, she should have been handed a 10/22 Cricket.

Fixed.

• Like 3

I feel bad for the instructor and his family of course, and all of us for how this shit will play out in the news. Yes it was incredibly stupid and just like in the racing world with some idiot running out onto a racetrack playing Frogger with Sprint cars, hopefully a border has been crossed now to protect all of us from such idiocy in the shooting world. New rules will be put in place I hope.

It could have been anyone behind the firing line too. They damned gun should have at least been tethered to the bench! That poor girl is definitely scarred for life now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0diwvRSU8Q

• Like 2

Yeah, tethered or mounted for rentals would be a good idea, specially for the high volume machine gun rental ranges.. There are places that you walk into having never fired a gun and minutes later your on the line with a micro uzi and a 30 rd mag in full auto..  Its shocking how few people get shot at those ranges.

The little sub guns are just a bad idea for a rental.. Not the first time this has happened either.

Hard to learn how to shoot a machine gun with a single round of semi auto.

• Like 1