VAnother VEPR Order Update

Dear Valued Customer - 

Last week you should have received an e-mail stating that the importer of the Vepr shotguns/rifles told us that they were 95% certain these firearms would be released to us as the distributor by August 26th. 

To make a long story short, the 26th has come and gone and these firearms have still not been released. 

The latest story we are getting is that the State Department is still reviewing the paperwork, and has still not provided the importer with a formal release document allowing them to release the firearms. The importer continues to assert they are 100% certain these Vepr's are not affected by the executive order as written.  However, considering this administrations stance on firearms, they are not willing to risk incurring the wrath of the government, no matter how small that risk may be, or how invalid the cause, by releasing these guns to the marketplace without a letter of blessing from the proper authorities. 

The latest speculation from the importer, based on their daily calls to their contact at the State Department, is that the firearms may be released shortly after the labor day holiday. 

In truth at this point I think that we could call that a best case scenario... or... in a worst case scenario, the government could continue to drag their feet and prolong the release of these firearms for an extended period of time.

Although it is out of our control, we here at Classic feel terrible about this. When we decided to offer these guns for sale before actually receiving them, we were told by the importer that the guns had already cleared customs (which they had) and there were no issues with selling these regardless of the executive order because they were pre-paid before the executive order and they had valid proof of pre-payment. 

At that time we were also told that all the importer had to do was get the serial #'s into their system and log the guns out to us, and they should be able to ship to us in a few days. 
In this case, we actually went even further. Because we had a staff member in the area on unrelated business, we sent that staff member out to view the firearms at the importer's warehousing facility to verify their status of being here in the country, in stock, and almost ready to ship.  As such we were very comfortable in offering these Vepr's for pre-sale. 

We knew, in light of the executive order, this shipment would be hugely popular and highly sought after, and actually thought we were doing our customers a favor by offering them as a pre-order knowing that the market place would soon spiral out of control on these items. 

Now, we just feel really bad that we are sitting on your money, and still unable to deliver the goods.

Frankly, we have learned a lesson here that will hopefully help us in the future concerning marketing items that are not actually yet in our possession. 

As for our pending orders, for the most part everyone has been extremely patient with us and we are so grateful for your patience. Our goal as always is to satisfy the customer. We know that these continued delays are aggravating, and we are doing everything possible to facilitate the shipment. . 

As for further taking care of you the customer, we only know of two options considering the circumstances... 

If you are tired of the wait and wish to receive a refund please let us know and we will get it issued.  Simply put Request For Refund in the subject line along with your name and order # and e-mail it to sales@classicfirearms.com.  Once we receive this, we will get a refund issued promptly.  Do know the Veprs are in huge demand with over 2500 customers signed up for the "back in stock" notifications.  We are not aware of any coming after this shipment due to the sanctions imposed on Russia.

Or

We can continue to wait and your Vepr will ship as soon as we receive it. 

Frankly we have a high degree of confidence that the Vepr's will soon be released and as soon as they are we will get them shipped to you. In the mean time, we will continue to keep you updated via e-mail and as soon as we know something definitive , we will let you know. 

Now, to end on a positive note. As we said before the demand for these Vepr's has skyrocketed as has the price that they are now bringing on the open market. For those who see this through, I think the wait and aggravation will be well worth it. Seldom can you buy an item that has actually appreciated greatly in value by the time you receive it... But this is shaping up to be just that. 

Again, Thank you for your business and continued patience. 

Classic Firearms.

This seems to be the 4th or 5th thread I have read between this forum and others about emails from Classic regarding the delay of these Vepr guns.  My question to all the people who bought these Veprs is simple.  Did Classic Firearms disclose they were selling firearms that weren't even imported yet?  If not, then the decision maker at that company ain't much better than a thief in my eyes!  Taking peoples money for a product they don't even have full well knowing all the current government issues and import ban previously set in place.  If they disclosed that information then they are a stand up company in my book and would definitely do future business with those people.  If not, then definitley on my shit list and they will never get my money.

On a positive note.  Good luck to all the people that are waitng on these Veprs.

I'm told there are certain distributors that still have some Veprs but are waiting for a good time price-wise to release them, which is fine by me.

Maybe someone in this chain is trying to shake loose some refunds so they can hold on to these for later? (this would not be fine by me).

This seems to be the 4th or 5th thread I have read between this forum and others about emails from Classic regarding the delay of these Vepr guns.  My question to all the people who bought these Veprs is simple.  Did Classic Firearms disclose they were selling firearms that weren't even imported yet?  If not, then the decision maker at that company ain't much better than a thief in my eyes!  Taking peoples money for a product they don't even have full well knowing all the current government issues and import ban previously set in place.  If they disclosed that information then they are a stand up company in my book and would definitely do future business with those people.  If not, then definitley on my shit list and they will never get my money.

On a positive note.  Good luck to all the people that are waitng on these Veprs.

I purchased my first VEPR from Classic, top notch service and not a problem. They advertised it as not being in stock yet but at the imorters and being received at a certain date. The Govt has been holding them up at the importer since. Each time that the shipment is delayed they have sent a similar letter offering the explanation and the option to hold or cancel. I don't blame them for the delay that the Govt is creating. I blame the anti gun Govt that is creating hardships for honest, law abiding gun owners!

• Like 1