New Tromix AK Style Muzzle Brake (pic)

I had a customer ask for one of these, so I made it today. I thought it came out pretty decent.

They will run $65ea shipped if anyone is interested. I had only planned on making one, but it is not a problem to make it a standard Tromix item like the other muzzle attachments if I get additional requests for it.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=371465

It's a cool pic nonetheless, especially knowing it came off an old antique 1.3 megapixel camera.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

Here's a pic of the 410 version. This is just a standard AK brake that I bored out and pressed an OEM .410 thread protector in the back end. That is the only way I could do it, since I don't have a tap for the OEM .410 threads.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=371505

OAL of the S-12 unit is 2.75". It adds 2" to your barrel since part of that runs over the muzzle. That's just slightly shorter then the standard AK type brake.

Edited by TonyRumore

:lolol: Yeah, that was going to be my next question...If you could hog out an AK brake & attach a thread protector inside. Same pricing as the 12's?

Thanks!

edit: If I were to supply the protector of course...

Edited by dinzag

I have been having trouble locating muzzle brake like that. It looks like KVAR is sold out of them and DPMS doesn't carry them anymore.

It would run $40 if you provide the thread protector and the AK brake.

If I could get about 5-6 orders at the same time, I would drop the cash on a custom tap which would eliminate the need for using a thread protector.

Here's a pic of the 410 version. This is just a standard AK brake that I bored out and pressed an OEM .410 thread protector in the back end. That is the only way I could do it, since I don't have a tap for the OEM .410 threads.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=371505

OAL of the S-12 unit is 2.75". It adds 2" to your barrel since part of that runs over the muzzle. That's just slightly shorter then the standard AK type brake.

WOOHOO! Sweet Tony!

Numero Uno! :super:

Cool man that makes two of us! The .410 brake is mine hee hee :devil: I've been trying to find someone to make me one like that for my S-12 for a long time. Looks like I found him. :super:

Welcome to the forum caschu0!

How does it work on a shotgun? I read that shotguns don't have enough gas pressure to make these muzzle brakes effective. It would be nice to get feedback from a user than from a magazine.

Looks really nice. How does it work on a shotgun? I would love to know how it works.