Ok for those of use who like Golden Tiger, I'm sure we would like to have a replacement that obviously isn't banned.  So, (because I know someone will needlessly mention it.) aside from Yugo surplus ammo (Which would be expensive if any of it became available due to limited quantity and higher demand now.), who is manufacturing (Yes present tense.) non-banned 7.62x39mm FMJ Boat Tailed ammo at an affordable price? (Like the price of Wolf.  I know manufacturers love to try and dictate to us what is considered affordable.)

Well, Silver Bear 5.45x39 is boat tail, which I didn't realize until I looked more closely at the box. I'm not sure about SB 7.62x39 though, I've never bought any. I don't know why the 5.45 would be boat tail and not the 7.62.

Boat tailed 5.45 is the standard for that fmj loaded cartridge anyway.  Truth is it was a soviet answer to the 5.56x45 NATO cartridge which to my knowlege all military 5.56 loads are boat tailed so when they reverse engineered the 5.56 round I assume the Soviets copied what they liked and made the 5.45 into their own interpretation of what they felt a battlefield .22 cartridge should be.  To be honest, I agree with them, it is an excellent cartridge for it's bore size and I like the cross sectional density of it.

When 7.62x39 started it all started with the M43 bullet design.  Soviets were known to always be a bit behind in the technology department and seemed to rely heavily on ripping off US patent holders by stealing from the US patent office.  It was common practice at the time, like the Chinese diving into the Los Alamos computer files.  New country, same old gag.

Anyway M43 was the standard forever, but the Yugos and Vympel (Is that how you spell it?) who made Golden Tiger eventually had the notion to boat tail the 7.62x39 ammo which resulted in better groupings and a bit more linear trajectory.

But the question remains, who is making non-banned 7.62x39 Boat Tailed ammo at an affordable price?