Saiga 12-C w/ 11.5" barrel (pic)

I had never seen a real 12-C before this one came in the shop. I cropped the barrel to 11.5" which is as short as I could go with the factory gas block position and AK style sight. It runs fine on full power ammo, but I doubt it will run low base target shells. The customer is only going to run full power ammo, so it's not an issue.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=371509

BTW, if you guys are not interested in seeing various stuff that rolls through the shop, just let me know and I will stop posting it. It's interesting to me, so I hope it is to you as well.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Crop

OMFG :cryss:

Actual Saiga-12C with Tapco parts and chopped.....................

blasphemy.

If Tony really cared about Saigas(more than money..lol :lolol: ) He would beat whoever did that!

I could never chop a real C, when there are basic sporter Saiga-12's out there. I don't think any Saiga-12C's/LEO are gonna be imported in that configuration.

:unsure:

I had never seen a real 12-C before this one came in the shop. I cropped the barrel to 11.5" which is as short as I could go with the factory gas block position and AK style sight. It runs fine on full power ammo, but I doubt it will run low base target shells. The customer is only going to run full power ammo, so it's not an issue.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=371509

BTW, if you guys are not interested in seeing various stuff that rolls through the shop, just let me know and I will stop posting it. It's interesting to me, so I hope it is to you as well.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Crop

Hell yeah keep posting pics! Tony I got your flash hider in the mail today and mounted, that fuc*$% is BAD!

Some guys aren't collector's and keep guns for life, so modifying the gun is not a big deal to them. I understand that. I have some guns that I would never modify like my 44 AutoMag S/N B00370 which is the very LAST true production AutoMag ever made. But a Saiga.........I'd cut it......at least today anyway.

I might eat those words some day....................

OMFG :cryss:

Actual Saiga-12C with Tapco parts and chopped.....................

blasphemy.

If Tony really cared about Saigas(more than money..lol :lolol: ) He would beat whoever did that!

I could never chop a real C, when there are basic sporter Saiga-12's out there. I don't think any Saiga-12C's/LEO are gonna be imported in that configuration.

:unsure:

The muzzle was chewed up due to a poor flash hider install. The die was pre-set (by a previous user) and unfortunately, adjusted too tight resulting in a paper thin wall between the internal choke threading and the external flash hider threads. That was my first and last foray into gunsmithing. <_<

My only options were to replace the barrel or remove the affected area. Since the weapon only cost $400, I figured this would be a good opportunity to add to my toy chest with a Short Barrel Shotgun. :D

A video will be forthcoming. :killer:

Thanks Tony

Hell yeah Tony, keep 'em coming!! :up: For those who don't care for what you're doing ( :rolleyes: ), they need not click on the link or comment. I myself enjoy checking 'em out.

Would be nice to have a Tromix sub-folder or link-thread so I don't have to search for all your stuff when I'm showing my buddies. I'm sure you'll have a bunch more coming with the Saigas rolling back in-country.

edited to add:

I put an area in my post in the Tech Section to pile links. I had a couple there already so as I find 'em, I'll put them in...If anyone else wants any in there, PM me the link. ;)

Edited by dinzag
Some guys aren't collector's and keep guns for life, so modifying the gun is not a big deal to them. I understand that. I have some guns that I would never modify like my 44 AutoMag S/N B00370 which is the very LAST true production AutoMag ever made. But a Saiga.........I'd cut it......at least today anyway.

I might eat those words some day....................

Tony,

Post some pics of the .44 AutoMag. Its not often you get a chance to see one of the first magnum autoloading pistols. I have a AutoMag factory brochure somewhere that I got from them sometime in the mid-seventies. Very nice firearms, even by today's standards.

RonSwin