Comes with everything shown, except kitchen table. The bolt is a 7.62x39. Bolt carrier is cracked, I'm told probably NOT fixable, but has a good piston and the charging handle can be chopped off and used for something else...? Grip screw nut has the loop for semi-style selector. $300 OBO Or trade for AR (pistol) parts

20140903_125249_zps3bfb1d5c.jpg

And the cracked carrier:

20140903_125706_zpsc8aa127d.jpg

Depends on how deep the crack goes.  I assume it was the fracture at the base where the bulk of the carrier is connected to the carrier extension that connects to the piston?  If that is the case, you can grind to see how deep it goes, if it's minor, grind a V shape notch where the crack is, then to avoid burning the carbon out of the steel, TIG weld where the notch is, filling it with solid material (no air pockets, act like you're going to bend-test it.), then stick it on a lathe and turn it back to it's original size and shape.  Problem solved.  You may or may not want to normalize the carrier and then recase harden it.  I'm not sure of the strength of a TIG weld to be honest.

Looks like the surface material might have gotten the carbon cooked out of it.  If they case hardened it like they do the 5.56 Galil bolts, it's possible if they messed up the process in one of the furnaces.  It'll turn brittle and susceptible to a surface material crack.  As you may know, the inner core after case hardening stays softer and more flexible, less likely to crack.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.