I've posted this in another forum I belong to and would like for everyone here to participate as well, If you'd like.

I've been thinking about this lately, and I'm just trying to come to a conclusion. So, I'm going to split this into 2 questions, but I'm going to ask the first, then after a few answers, I'll post the second question and word it best depending upon your answers. Before we begin, I'm going to ask that we all stay on topic and please don't make statements like "that will never happen", etc. Just imagine, hypothetically, it became reality. Now the question I have is:

If all firearms were outlawed tomorrow, what action, if any, would you take? Please answer this as honestly as you can. If you feel uncomfortable answering truthfully, I ask you simply do not answer. The nature of this question and its answers will affect my second question. tiphat.gif

EDIT: If there aren't enough answers tonight, I might wait until tomorrow (technically later today) to continue this.

Edited by forsaken352
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only 80 posts and you already smell like a spook.   I would surrender my weapons and follow the statutes provided to me by the U.S. federal government.   What would you do?

The most important part of my service came before I went to boot camp.   "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all ene

You have a duty to resist unconstitutional orders, laws and any other forms of infringement. Whether or not you do, is up to you.

Posted Images

No law is a good or just law that would make criminals of over half the populous with the stroke of a pen...

I would continue to live my life as peacefully as I am now...

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Only 80 posts and you already smell like a spook.

I would surrender my weapons and follow the statutes provided to me by the U.S. federal government.

What would you do?

I apologize for the sly nature of the post, but you needn't worry, I assure you I've no official use for this sort of information. It is simply food for thought.

What would I do? Well, let me begin by saying it's somewhat disheartening to read some of the responses so far. By the answers given thus far, it seems almost as though you'd (not specifically directed at "you" alone) simply roll over and give in. Now, again, what would I do? I would do what my forefathers would expect me to do and that includes doing everything in my power to secure my 2nd amendment right, with bloodshed as a last resort, of course. I would not simply give in to their demands. It's something that has been fought for and paid for in blood by men who truly believed in freedom. That's what I would do. Please don't take this as me being argumentative or judging you for your opinion, I'm not trying to sound that way, just my own opinion.

Edited by forsaken352
  • Like 1

People are always disappointed when they seek only one outcome parallel to their own...

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

The pieces will fall as they may... I know what side I'm on... I owe no other explanation that that at this point in time...

People are always disappointed when they seek only one outcome parallel to their own...

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

The pieces will fall as they may... I know what side I'm on... I owe no other explanation that that at this point in time...

I agree with you, sir. However, I do not expect an outcome parallel to my own. I know what I would do to secure my belongings, and it may be similar to some of you, but to secure my beliefs is another things. The one thing I was somewhat counting on was that all of us being "free men" as we like to call ourselves, we would like to remain that way. I was expecting less "lie down and take it" and more "stand for what you believe in". I'm not advocating taking up arms and looking for bloodshed. No, I'm saying revolt peacefully, with violence as a last resort. The thing that kind of catches me off guard is if the 2nd amendment is what protects all other rights, then how could we simply "bury" or "surrender" them and expect a decent outcome? In other words, if nobody is willing to fight for freedom (against a tyrannical government. Not foreign enemies), then what keeps us free?

I'll go ahead and post my 2nd question now, but I doubt it'll even be along the same topic now. I was going to ask (and I'll admit again, I was expecting an outcome "similar", but not "parallel" to my own) basically how it is the NFA laws have stood for so long. Anyone who says the NFA is not an infringement on the 2nd amendment, I'm sorry, is a liar. To me, the NFA laws are practically a runaround way of banning certain firearms. I was particularly wondering why there hasn't been much done to repeal these laws.

I will say, I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I do what I can with what I've got, and sometimes things don't register for me like they should. Often times it takes me 3 or 4 times of reading/thinking the same thing to finally understand the meaning of it, but I'm thankful I can do that. Anyways, I guess this thread probably won't get too far, so if you'd like to delete it, you can do so at your own discretion, Juggernaut.

Edited by forsaken352

Only 80 posts and you already smell like a spook.

I would surrender my weapons and follow the statutes provided to me by the U.S. federal government.

What would you do?

I apologize for the sly nature of the post, but you needn't worry, I assure you I've no official use for this sort of information. It is simply food for thought.

What would I do? Well, let me begin by saying it's somewhat disheartening to read some of the responses so far. By the answers given thus far, it seems almost as though you'd (not specifically directed at "you" alone) simply roll over and give in. Now, again, what would I do? I would do what my forefathers would expect me to do and that includes doing everything in my power to secure my 2nd amendment right, with bloodshed as a last resort, of course. I would not simply give in to their demands. It's something that has been fought for and paid for in blood by men who truly believed in freedom. That's what I would do. Please don't take this as me being argumentative or judging you for your opinion, I'm not trying to sound that way, just my own opinion.

now it smells like bacon. this is known as trolling.

i'd go roll over right away. guns are stupid. nobody need more than one round for hunting.

I agree with you, sir. However, I do not expect an outcome parallel to my own. I know what I would do to secure my belongings, and it may be similar to some of you, but to secure my beliefs is another things. The one thing I was somewhat counting on was that all of us being "free men" as we like to call ourselves, we would like to remain that way. I was expecting less "lie down and take it" and more "stand for what you believe in". I'm not advocating taking up arms and looking for bloodshed. No, I'm saying revolt peacefully, with violence as a last resort. The thing that kind of catches me off guard is if the 2nd amendment is what protects all other rights, then how could we simply "bury" or "surrender" them and expect a decent outcome? In other words, if nobody is willing to fight for freedom (against a tyrannical government. Not foreign enemies), then what keeps us free?

I'll go ahead and post my 2nd question now, but I doubt it'll even be along the same topic now. I was going to ask (and I'll admit again, I was expecting an outcome "similar", but not "parallel" to my own) basically how it is the NFA laws have stood for so long. Anyone who says the NFA is not an infringement on the 2nd amendment, I'm sorry, is a liar. To me, the NFA laws are practically a runaround way of banning certain firearms. I was particularly wondering why there hasn't been much done to repeal these laws.

I will say, I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I do what I can with what I've got, and sometimes things don't register for me like they should. Often times it takes me 3 or 4 times of reading/thinking the same thing to finally understand the meaning of it, but I'm thankful I can do that. Anyways, I guess this thread probably won't get too far, so if you'd like to delete it, you can do so at your own discretion, Juggernaut.

we have what's called online discipline. you will figure it out one day.

• Like 2

Don't you know that all of us here are simply a bunch of keyboard commando's?  I don't think anyone here even owns a stupid gun.  Our pathetic lives are sad, but true.

If they banned guns tomorrow, I wouldn't give a shit.  My larping skills are strong.

LARPING.jpg

larping_cs_0605.jpg#LARPing%20750x600

larp-013.jpg

undead_retinue.jpg

sca.jpg

witch-elf-armor-larp-lederruestung-schwa

larp-medieval-4.jpg?w=500

awkward2.JPG

• Like 2

The most important part of my service came before I went to boot camp.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;..."

And if you raised your right hand and said those words let me remind you:  There is no expiration date on this oath.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 9

The most important part of my service came before I went to boot camp.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;..."

you had a discharge from your sworn oath upon completion of your contract. think about that one! there is an oath to uphold there not only to the constitution but also a maritime oath sworn to the federal government.

it's the sovereign's decision to continue that oath after an honorable discharge.

most all of the real laws in america apply to the government and not the americans who allow them to operate.

thanks for your service. our oath was served.

• Like 1

You have a duty to resist unconstitutional orders, laws and any other forms of infringement. Whether or not you do, is up to you.

Okay, so I find the NFA to be all of the above. The government, to include all forms of LE only finds it to be law, therefor enforces it. Imagine this. If I went out and made an illegal (in their eyes) suppressor, for example, and was caught with it the next day, do I tell them it's an unconstitutional law so I shouldn't have to obey it? Would they agree and let me go? No, I get arrested and charged just like any one of us would. I feel like the above statement no longer is true because we simply do not have enough support for the Constitution.

Okay, so I find the NFA to be all of the above. The government, to include all forms of LE only finds it to be law, therefor enforces it. Imagine this. If I went out and made an illegal (in their eyes) suppressor, for example, and was caught with it the next day, do I tell them it's an unconstitutional law so I shouldn't have to obey it? Would they agree and let me go? No, I get arrested and charged just like any one of us would. I feel like the above statement no longer is true because we simply do not have enough support for the Constitution.

Its wise to work within the laws

If things get to a point  that you cant, i suspect millions of others will be there as well

you had a discharge from your sworn oath upon completion of your contract.

I did not swear that oath to the government.  I swore it to a higher power.  Whether or not the government "releases" me from it is irrelevant to me.

The part of the oath that does expire is the part about following the orders of the president, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as that is clearly intended to apply to service in the military.

For those that weren't taught, or haven't thought about it, here is the full oath, and some clarification.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

This oath is not to the United States.  It is not to the government of the United States.  It is to the Constitution of the United States.  That is deliberate.  You cannot support and defend the Constitution if you support and defend an unconstitutional government.

and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

This part comes second and is subordinate to the first part.  You are required to follow the orders of the president and officers as long as those orders do not violate the Constitution.

So help me God.

This part needs no explanation.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 7

Why is the airspeed velocity higher on the African swallow?

South African or West African Swallow?

Its wise to work within the laws

If things get to a point  that you cant, i suspect millions of others will be there as well

I can agree with that.

Why is the airspeed velocity higher on the African swallow?

Because they don't carry coconuts.

To answer the ops question....

I lost all of my guns in a boating accident years ago, so I would just hide in the closet if trouble started.

But I would bring those pics that John posted with me.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2