I have a Hk, USPc, 40SW and my buddy wants to trade his Sig, P220, 45 (Stainless). I love both pistols and in fact I have 2 of the USPc's... so losing one wouldn't hurt too much. Help me justify this trade one way or the other.

Thanks,

Gunny NR

No. The Sig 220 was a P6 that was scaled up for a 45. It was not designed separately. They have had plenty of problems throughout the years. Including mag problems. I think there are something like 4 mag changes throughout the years. If you're not careful the slide will grind away at the alloy frame. The newer post 2004 Sigs have had their share of problems mostly inferior outsourced parts. This has been addressed within the last few years.

Overall I would never trade anything HK for a Sig. Not even if you threw money at me.

If you want a complete and thorough rundown of Sig failures go visit M4Carbine

• Like 1

Sigs are built well, but they are oversized in areas which make them clunky. HKs are beautiful, on the other hand.

My favorite autoloading pistols are 1911s and USPs. The P7 is also a sexy beast.

Perhaps a Sig is a better duty sidearm, but for citizen first class me, HK makes the best double action hammer pistol,

and perhaps the best striker fire, although I have yet to shoot one of those.

I got two of the stainless slide USP compacts in 40. One for myself and one for the old man. I chose 40 over 45 since the pistol

was slightly smaller and had a slightly larger mag count. I do own a USP in 45 in the Elite model, and that thing is sex on a stick.

Also have a 40 USP standard I picked up just because it was a good deal.

The trade has been made as you can see in the picture. I took it out this afternoon and while not as refined as an Hk I do like it. It is big but then again I have large hands and it fits me well.

Truth be told, I probably will end up selling it for a HK of some sort. Only reason I traded for it is because I had 2 USPc .40 pistols and prefer stainless pistols when I can get my hands on one and my P226 has never done me wrong... so a P220 now sits in my safe.

I have a Hk, USPc, 40SW and my buddy wants to trade his Sig, P220, 45 (Stainless). I love both pistols and in fact I have 2 of the USPc's... so losing one wouldn't hurt too much. Help me justify this trade one way or the other.

Thanks,

Gunny NR

fuck no. it's not a real SIG. german USP for a 220US sig branded... no fucking way in hell.

you asked, im opinionated.  

Thanks,

Gunny NR

fuck no. it's not a real SIG. german USP for a 220US sig branded... no fucking way in hell.

shit... too late..... jumped on that fucker fast eh?

Edited by Stryker0946

Thanks,

Gunny NR

Thanks,

Gunny NR

I had 2 of the same pistols... and I know I could sell the P220 (stainless) for more than a USPc 40. Not only that but I wanted a full size 45. I have two compact 45's currently, one being a USPc stainless 45, so this was good for me.

Opinions are what I asked for. I knew I was going to get some for the trade and some against it. Thank you everyone for your input.

Gunny NR

P.S.

Stryker0946, see my post #12. ;)

Thanks,

Gunny NR

Thanks,

Gunny NR

Actually his is German. Or at least partially German. Says so on the slide smile.png. Later ones had the frames built here using German built slides. This one having a rail is most likely a mix. These were coming out late 90s - early 00s.

GySgt - if you have an older one look on the bottom of the slide just in front of the dust cover. There should be a stamping of a crown and some letters like JK or AF. These are date codes. They work like HK so if you google Sig date codes you should be able to find what date yours is. Later models didnt have this.

Here you go

A - 0

B - 1

C - 2

D - 3

E - 4

F - 5

G - 6

H - 7

J - 8

K - 9

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

Thanks,

Gunny NR

Thanks,

Gunny NR

Actually his is German. Or at least partially German. Says so on the slide smile.png. Later ones had the frames built here using German built slides. This one having a rail is most likely a mix. These were coming out late 90s - early 00s.

GySgt - if you have an older one look on the bottom of the slide just in front of the dust cover. There should be a stamping of a crown and some letters like JK or AF. These are date codes. They work like HK so if you google Sig date codes you should be able to find what date yours is. Later models didnt have this.

Here you go

A - 0

B - 1

C - 2

D - 3

E - 4

F - 5

G - 6

H - 7

J - 8

K - 9

half baked doesn't cut it. you don't put a 350 in an AMG.

• Like 1