Wood Furniture For 030 Type Saigas

I don't have a set for that gun. I suggest Ironwood if Legion can't help.

you don't have the FCG set you mentioned for the 433? Because Legion mostly has Russian stuff

aside from costing almost as much as my shotgun it also wouldn't fit my Saiga i don't think.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked up these today! I'm kinda stoked. They fit one of the two 040 saiga's I purchased from Alex at Legion USA. The guys there at Legion have always been very personable, shoot you strait, and make

Yes it is factory wood laminate. I have some SVDS stock's which should be available next month, that would be a great addition to the IZ-447 with wood handguards.

For illustrative purposes I've used state-of-the-art technology to show what I want to do to my Saiga

Posted Images

you don't have the FCG set you mentioned for the 433? Because Legion mostly has Russian stuff

aside from costing almost as much as my shotgun it also wouldn't fit my Saiga i don't think.

Stock/yes

Hand guard/no

Edited: You might consider selling the forearm for $150. Yes, the guy is charging stupid prices. I believe Legion had that set available a year ago for a little over $200. My advice is to get that poly stock from black horse arsenal and install poly ak hand guards. Make sure to use a credit card with black horse. Also try contacting alex at legionusa and ask if he has this set somewhere. Realize you are asking a lot in this current political situation. Maybe/hopefully in a years time things will be different.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Yes I can sell you one of the best custom trigger groups money can buy for it. I just don't have a wooden set of furniture like this that will fit your gun without extensive (= expensive) modifications.

I do have a real SVD wooden stock but still haven't found myself a set of wood HGs to make it worth doing all the mods it will take to make the set fit one of my own guns. I actually would love to put such a set on my Romanian Romak III / PSL.

If you are interested in one of our custom FCGs please send me a PM and we will take it from there.

Shannon

Picked up these today! I'm kinda stoked. They fit one of the two 040 saiga's I purchased from Alex at Legion USA. The guys there at Legion have always been very personable, shoot you strait, and make some really good deals! These hanguards are SVDs factory fit specifically for the izzy 447. So I'm thinking either a SVD folder or a factory wood buttstock modded to fit "converted" fcg to finish that gun out. I will most likely have a polymer SVD style stock set for sale if some one has interest in that. I also grabbed one of the ak-100 poly folders while they are still available. (Gotta fig out which project is the lucky winner)

post-48862-0-76016300-1410466031_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes it is factory wood laminate. I have some SVDS stock's which should be available next month, that would be a great addition to the IZ-447 with wood handguards.

If there's a list, put me on it!

For anyone who hasn't bought through Legion, I can tell you first hand they are excellent to work with! If you have questions they are very clear, no disappointments. +1(yes ik there is a gay feedback section)

Sounds great I will be looking forward to the photos on the website.

Has anyone done any of these custom to fit the PSL? I know there was one company doing a sweet black poly set on another forum but that seems to have gone south from what I recall. I just really would like to see an SVD clone kit for the PSL rifles.

The front handguard IS the immediate give away to the SVD. So I think your right cobra, with the right fore stock a PSL would be a believable clone. Plus if you jet the gas block you can pick up some accuracy, reduce the "vertical stringer," and shoot heavy ball safely. Steel dbl stack mags.

• Like 1

so would you need to "convert" your Saiga for those stocks or do they work with the trigger all the way in the back?

so would you need to "convert" your Saiga for those stocks or do they work with the trigger all the way in the back?

It doesn't matter where your trigger is located for that stock to mount up. What's important is having the right model. It's a quick mount to a Iz-447 because it has the correct retainers and the needed barrel ring. Your Iz-443 does not.

Can it be mounted to a 443? Maybe but you would need a competent gunsmith and pay him a lot of money. You would be better off served by selling your 443 and somewhere finding a 447.

What's the chances of obtaining a wood S-12 pistol grip as well? Sunny to partly cloudy?

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
What's the chances of obtaining a wood S-12 pistol grip as well? Sunny to partly cloudy?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but theres a ton of wood AK grips that (I think) would fit S12 with minimal mods.

Theres the laminated Russian type:

ak47_pistolgrip.jpg

Hungarian AMD:

AK-AMDWG2.jpg

Romanian:

100_0878.JPG

"Fat" grip (I think they're Chinese?):

Milled_MAK90_Pistol_Grip.JPG

Yugo M76:

74970.jpg

And of course, Ironwood Designs makes all sorts of nice repros too. Hope this helps. 032.gif

It doesn't matter where your trigger is located for that stock to mount up. What's important is having the right model. It's a quick mount to a Iz-447 because it has the correct retainers and the needed barrel ring. Your Iz-443 does not.

Can it be mounted to a 443? Maybe but you would need a competent gunsmith and pay him a lot of money. You would be better off served by selling your 443 and somewhere finding a 447.

I am working on getting the wooden pistol grip that I have on my S12 (seen below)

Also i agree that trying to put IZ-447 handguards on a IZ-433 is way too much work. I would stick to finding some Ak handguards and hollowing them out, Like Cobra recommended.

post-39146-0-43189300-1410556377_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The SVD has a receiver cut wayyy different than the AK or S-12. That is part of what has held me back from fitting my stock yet. When I finally get a set of HGs to make the project worthwhile I'll probably try it.

Here are some images of the real deal. Might want to grab a box of tissues and maybe a bib... 

http://www.dragunov.net/internals.html

http://www.dragunov.net/stocks.html

can anyone confirm/deny that the IZ-433 has a set-up "close enough" to a shortened gas tube IZ-109 and/or a Vepr 12?

You have mentioned this a few times so lets put this one to bed. The gas tube length is the same on the 109's and the 030/040's. The differece will be in the hand guard retainers and the lack of a traditional rear sight on the 109's.

I sent both you and wagnakov that link to the svd wood stock that's available. Are you concerned with it mounting up? I don't believe you should have any issues. Go ahead and post a picture here for a second opinion.

Welp, turns out my brother's mother-in-law can't make the parts, and I really don't have the money to shell out to convert my Saiga and buy the SVD stock so how hard exactly is it to replace a gas puck?

I at least want to get my Russian Part Count down to 10 counting the 3 Mag parts so its looking like Hammer and Puck are my best bet without breaking the bank, though i've read that sometimes the Thread Protector will be argued to be a "Muzzle Attachment" so is there maybe a third easy thing to replace?

Welp, turns out my brother's mother-in-law can't make the parts, and I really don't have the money to shell out to convert my Saiga and buy the SVD stock so how hard exactly is it to replace a gas puck?

That, my friend, is a quantum leap in the change of "scope of work" lmfao

Ok. First you have to field strip the weapon. So remove the dustcover, remove the recoil spring, then slide the carrier all the way to the rear pull it up and out. Then on the right-hand side of the rear sight block there is a small lever. You have to rotate that lever up(yes it will prob be very tight) once not lever is facing up you can remove the upper handguard. (Yes it will most likely be very tight) if the hand guard comes up about 1/2" and is loose but won't come the rest of the way out you either have t field stripped you weapon yet or you may need to rotate the lever towards the rear slightly. This will allow the flat spot on the shaft of that lever to clear the rear of the upper hanguard. Once you have the upper hand guard out you should be able to see the gas park in the gas block. If you gun is new or clean you could probably just tilt your gun back and it'll slide out. If to doe not, there is a slot or hook machined into the end of the op rod(shiny chrome piece screwed Into the end of the carrier) use that hook/slot to grab inside the puck and pull out! Lots of words to describe but super simple to do.

i saw a video on how to remove the gas-tube since i was pondering having to give my plastic guards to have wood versions created from said extended family member.

So puck doesn't seem too hard and seemingly the hammer isn't that hard to replace so at least i have options there.