Wood Furniture For 030 Type Saigas

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picked up these today! I'm kinda stoked. They fit one of the two 040 saiga's I purchased from Alex at Legion USA. The guys there at Legion have always been very personable, shoot you strait, and make

Yes it is factory wood laminate. I have some SVDS stock's which should be available next month, that would be a great addition to the IZ-447 with wood handguards.

For illustrative purposes I've used state-of-the-art technology to show what I want to do to my Saiga

Posted Images

Okay, so let me pose this question straight out again.

If I buy the two-piece front end that Ironwood makes for Saiga 12s what all would be involved in replacing my poly bits with the wood ones? Would I need to shorten the gas tube, whittle down the lips on the forends to fit into the parts that hold them on?

Anyone know anything?

Okay, so let me pose this question straight out again.

If I buy the two-piece front end that Ironwood makes for Saiga 12s what all would be involved in replacing my poly bits with the wood ones? Would I need to shorten the gas tube, whittle down the lips on the forends to fit into the parts that hold them on?

Anyone know anything?

Ironwood hand guards for the S12 should mount right up. No mods needed with your Iz-433. While you are at it get their russian akm pattern stock and lets help you through the conversion process.

i honestly prefer the SVD stock look to the Pistol Grip and Buttstock look. So worse case I'll just buy the one from Rhineland and ask my mother-in-law-by-brother if she can stain it and make it look less woodshop since they're supposedly sturdy little things.

LOL awesome! A picture is worth a thousand words. I did the same thing basically when I first started working on my Maadi back in '03 or so. 

post-1293-0-05912100-1411274723_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-16849400-1411274789_thumb.jpg

What I ended up doing...

post-1293-0-73825000-1411275110_thumb.jpg

exciting.gif

Sorry not trying to thread jack....  victory.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, if i could get a stock like your Maadi in the "what I have now" pic I'd be in heaven.

I just customized the factory thumbhole stock it came with. It does feel really sweet for a butthole stock.

You would have to move the FCG forward though in order to use a stock like that.

There used to be tons of em on the web for sale once the ban sunsetted and so many people went for a PG conversion. Maybe try searching Ebay for "Mak 90 stock"?

Yup here ya go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NORINCO-MAK-90-STOCK-SET-COMPLETE-/231338141692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35dcd3e7fc

That's about what mine used to look like.

Ah, thanks!

This gives me a lot to think about since I'd just given up and resigned myself to just getting the wood parts from Rhineland and Ironwood hopefully for Christmas. But now I have a way to do it right now, but I'll have to convert my FCG which means another $100 in parts and gunsmithing on top since I'm terrified to try cutting open my baby ^___^;

I'm really thankful to you and HPD though since you've done so much searching for me and pretty much got me to the edge of finding the stuff I want. You guys are really awesome!

For what it's worth, having a real actual trigger in there where it belongs would make your weapon feel and shoot so much better you would forget all about how hard you thought the conversion was going to be. It really is easy.

• Like 1

I dunno, i couldn't even cut off screws from my garage door without accidentally cutting a slit in it, it took me over an hour to screw my poly SVD stock on because the screws kept wanting to go in diagonal and the first time i field-stripped it i had a hell of a time getting the bolt lined up again to put back in.

I'm not exactly great with DIY stuff sadly ^___^;

thought so, just looking at it they look pretty different receiver-wise.  As for the Mak 90 stocks, i've seen some that have tabs like Saiga/AK stocks have and some without.

How would one affix the tab-less ones to a Saiga safely?

Figure out a look you want, the. Match your budget to the best option in your price range. If your on a real tight budget , then it'll just take longer to find what you want. Shop around, frequent gun shows. I picked a wood but stock for 15$ and a multiple set of handguards for 20$. So for 35$ plus labor. I had a wood stock on my ak. Now, that "run of the mill parts" mind you. Wool on a saiga is highly sought after, and those before you have spent countless hours and hundreds/thousands of dollars to do so. Just be realistic, and buy the nicest option you can afford.

I just want to know a MAK 90 one will fit before I try to get one. Ideally I'd like to just be able to put one on my Amazon list and hope i get one for Christmas. Barring that I'll be buying it myself so any info i can get is very helpful.