6 position gas plug

I installed a 6 position CCS gas plug kit and the first two mags cycled @ setting of 3. Now I see on CCS website that 6 is the low bras (I.e) cheap ammo but today 5 rounds jammed on pos 3 so luck ran out. I mean everyone of them.

Silly question should I utilize the 6 position or should I try each setting till it recs properly.

Alternately I could reinstall the 2 position plug.

All help would be greatly sppreciayed.

Thanks

Edited by Bauran

Think of it like steps. Step 1 is setting 1. If it doesn't run on setting 1, go to setting 2. No luck on 2, go to 3, and so on. Do this with each load and try to remember what type of ammo runs on which setting.

Thanks for the responces. I got the settings figured out. Though in the process I realized I may need to either clean the gas ports or reprofile/drill out.

That being a last resort, if it ain't broke...

I've just read of several horror stories of the ports not lining up properly or when milled at the factory they didn't make a full pass through.

Fingers crossed though as it seems to be tip top now.

You should be able to get to the gas ports through the front of the gas block. I was able to use a dentists pick with a 90 degree bend to confirm my ports were not blocked.

Great info, as simple idea as I've seen but I wouldn't have thought about it without you input.

Thanks