MKE ZQ1 7.62x51 Ammunition at Walmart

Wondering if any one here has any experience with it? Made in Turkey, annealed brass casing, crimped boxer primed with green sealant. Made to NATO specs with lot testing to ensure 1 MOA at 100 meters. No NATO cross on the head stamp. 9.97/20rd box Same price as steel cased TULA.

Picked up 10 boxes today to try out. Measured one box... COL spread 2.785-2.792 with 80% between 2.790-2.792. Cartridge weight 365.6. - 368.9 with 80% between 368.0 - 369.0.

Price is good especially with the reloadable brass. Don't know if this will continue to be carried or not. Research done so far on the web indicates that is is fairly accurate. Any personal experiences...especially on reloading potential of the brass?

post-37530-0-49260100-1410404258_thumb.jpg

post-37530-0-01425700-1410404277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spacehog

I hope to see those around here... would be good ammo to have, just for the price per round/reloadable brass afterwards. Sure beats the 18 or more a box for winchester 150gn soft point.  And probably reloads just as many times as anything else out there.

:up:

Vepr .308 100yds

Vepr .308

Only recorded 3rds with the ZQI, 5 with everything else. It works, but I couldn't hit an 8" target at 200 yds with it.
Granted, I am not using a bolt action, but when I can get pretty decent groups with the match ammo... Like you said, decent plinking ammo, at least for mine. Yes, I have much work to do with my skill level (or lack thereof), but if I get a handle on those fliers this Vepr is pretty dang good. It loves the Remington Premier Match and Hornady Custom Lite smile.png

• Like 1

I shot 60 rounds through my 16" saiga. I was shooting 3moa, as good as most. But had several fail to chamber the last 1/2" or so. the round seemed to stick. Never tried forcing the carrier foreward. Just ejected the unused round. I believe it was the bullet and not the case? Anyway remember at least three in 60. Ymmv

• Like 1