Another dire warning from the same people (scientists) that bring you...OMG... global warming! If they can accurately predict what will happen from an event that takes less than 24 hours to impact the earth, I am pretty confident that they are complete imbeciles about the next 20 years. Again the earth has proven that it is wonderfully made, and naturally compensates to remain in equilibrium.

• Like 1

Wait for it.............................................................................

BIG FUCKING NOTHING!

OMG! The sun is out to get us! RUNS! RUNS!

OK.... We get it...what do we need to buy THIS time????

Sun credits?

• Like 1

1. Truck kept in GROUNDED steel building

2. HAM radio in a sealed steel can.

3. Food and water, I'm good. Same with meds.

4. Backup power.

...Spoken like a true Worshipper of the Sun God wink.png

Science I'll believe...Junk science...not so much.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 2

I believe it was Soupy Sales who said it best. "He who laughs last, doesn't catch on very quickly". Just having fun Messiah.

you will be thinking that when your sitting in the dark with no food or water or noway to get around or contact people.

He who laughs last..laughs last…... The SUN giveth and the SUN will taketh away.

Just read it in the Topeka Capital Urinal and then it came on the news as well, the ozone layer is starting to repair itself. How in hell did we not fuck that thing up right the first time? After a few hundred years of industrial age, more than that in global conflicts and the recent twenty years of natural and unnatural wild and forest fires, why don't we look like walking pieces of bacon? Surely our world science community wouldn't have led us astray with false data. I've got it, Mother Nature has a giant bottle of Natural Super Glue.

• Like 1

Yep, I asked the wife to CALL our pump supplier and get a quote for price and delivery on some parts, damn if she didn't go straight to the computer and send an e-mail. First words out of my mouth was "why in the hell can't you call like I asked, if I wanted an answer in 3 days, I'd say e-mail, and I can't wait for an EMP to make people start listening to what other people actually say".

Was at a customers on Tuesday and a guy asks me if I knew how to shut most people up, I asked how, he said "cut their damn thumbs off". He's right Ya know, sad but true. It's gonna be fun if it does happen, even for a few days, without their toys, people will freak out, big time.

Here is my back up emergency power. Used an old all aluminum cooler from the late 60's.

Lined the bottom and sides with 3" hard foam insulation to isolate the GZ inverter power pack

and extra battery. I also keep my laptop in there as well. Don't know if this would help protect if a strong

EMP occurred but at least I tried. I think being that it is all bare unpainted aluminum and the fact I removed

the lid rubber seal to where the aluminum lid makes a solid contact seal with the body increases protection.

This is a small portable system with quite a bit of power. All I need now is a means to shield my soalr panels next.

post-46572-0-15871400-1410483620_thumb.jpg

post-46572-0-57190600-1410483635_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 2

Now they are saying  it will be here late Friday night or Saturday morning.  So, if this turns out to be the last day of the board because a CME sets us back to the 1800's, I just have one request:  Big John must post an end of the world boobies/hot chicks thread and entertain on an hourly basis until the lights go out.  All in favor say/post "I".

• Like 1

Here is my back up emergency power. Used an old all aluminum cooler from the late 60's.

Lined the bottom and sides with 3" hard foam insulation to isolate the GZ inverter power pack

and extra battery. I also keep my laptop in there as well. Don't know if this would help protect if a strong

EMP occurred but at least I tried. I think being that it is all bare unpainted aluminum and the fact I removed

the lid rubber seal to where the aluminum lid makes a solid contact seal with the body increases protection.

This is a small portable system with quite a bit of power. All I need now is a means to shield my soalr panels next.

Nice use of materials! That's overkill but will protect whatever you put in it. Make sure to ground the cooler for it to work. If you want to protect your panels from solar flares, emp and microwave blasts, you can use very expensive copper mesh or find an old window screen at the junk yard and wrap the panels with the material. Make sure your panels are grounded and that the mesh is also grounded.

Solder the lid to the main body with a auto battery connection for a harley. It's a flat grounding wire that is like rope. Napa has that stuff. Then, you need to attach a ground to a copper or aluminum zinc stake.

Grounding is the key. Lightning and Chinese proof.