Looks Like Rifle Dynamics is About Ready to Build 100% US AKs

Quality will be excellent but prices probably through the roof.. If they can compete with Arsenal's US-made offerings that would be awesome - price war on the horizon?

Rifle Dynamics making spare parts/build parts would also be great.

Quality will be excellent but prices probably through the roof.. If they can compete with Arsenal's US-made offerings that would be awesome - price war on the horizon?

Rifle Dynamics making spare parts/build parts would also be great.

This is what will separate me from them.  I won't drop the coin they will want.  

• Like 1

Century is still importing parts for their "US" rifles.  The new RD rifles will have every part made in the US.

That doesn't make them better, but it damn sure makes them more expensive.  The overseas plants turn out AK parts by the hundreds of thousands.  The US manufacturers will be making them by the hundreds.

I'm not going to badmouth them about their prices, as long as the quality is there.  I understand the cost of low volume high quality production.  I'm just not willing to pay it.

There are many things that I'm not willing to pay the price for, when I can do just fine with a lower cost alternative, or just plain do without.

That's why I don't have a Rifle Dynamics, or a Krebs, or a Tromix.  But for those people that want that exclusivity, I'm glad the custom rifle makers are there.

• Like 1

Century is still importing parts for their "US" rifles.  The new RD rifles will have every part made in the US.

That doesn't make them better, but it damn sure makes them more expensive.  The overseas plants turn out AK parts by the hundreds of thousands.  The US manufacturers will be making them by the hundreds.

I'm not going to badmouth them about their prices, as long as the quality is there.  I understand the cost of low volume high quality production.  I'm just not willing to pay it.

There are many things that I'm not willing to pay the price for, when I can do just fine with a lower cost alternative, or just plain do without.

That's why I don't have a Rifle Dynamics, or a Krebs, or a Tromix.  But for those people that want that exclusivity, I'm glad the custom rifle makers are there.

$700 Seems good for the milled C39.  Am I missing something?

$700 Seems good for the milled C39.  Am I missing something?

I thought I made my point clear, but if not...

You and I aren't their intended customers.

To you $700 seems enough.  I'd pay $1,200 for a really nice AK.  (No milled for me thanks.  AKs are heavy enough.) 

But there are people willing to pay a lot for a custom AK.  And there are people making rifles for those people.

• Like 1

Having worked in the Tool & Die industry for over 35 years I have seen many CNC vertical, horizontal , machining centers and turning centers at work. The rate at which these expensive machines can spit out parts is truly amazing. I've seen these CNC's run unattended over night with no issues. The higher the volume the lower the costs per part of course. The hardest AK parts to produce would be the bolt carrier and bolt. All the rest is easy with the right machining centers, fixtures, and heat treat.

How these companies tackle these issues will determine end costs. I suspect our government which supplies AK to "friendly" countries would like to have another source beside Russia and China ? And that is where the volume could come from ................

• Like 1

Sounds horrible, another US made gAyK clone.

That remark betrays stunning ignorance.
Yea well you like US made aks and cock. Your opinion is shit. Watch the video of "ak operators union47/74" review the c39 i believe it is.

They did review the newer version of the C39 as well and gave it a better review the 2nd time. Anything Century built has to be hand picked, I wouldn't buy something from them sight unseen due to their previous issues with quality of craftsmanship

of cource it can be done. It comes down to is it worth it/will it ibe worth it for them.

For me Ill stick with US ARs and Eastern block AKs. Not that Im against US AKs I just want to see one made the right way without cutting corners, adding MIM parts, plastic or anything else designed for airsoft

Just curious whether these various buisness's have been, or may be effected by the government's Operation Choke Point?

Obama & friends designed it to have banks eliminate loans/services to long time customers and refuse new individuals/businesses any loans, banking services, accounts, etc. if they are involved with "inappropriate or targeted"[my words] products or services.

There was an initial mention of targeting Pay Day Lenders (which I despise as well - though thats a seperate issue) but the real target has shown to be gun related places. 

Perhaps the necessary equipment/machinery was largely in place already, being used for other tasks, and/or just hasnt drawn the government's focus.  Even if someone has deep enough pockets to not need loans, they can still use the banks as the hammer to shut down places they find "objectionable".

Harv