SaigaSolutions.com - 10 Round Mag Pics!

Is there a way to have "peep holes" in the body of the magazine so you can see how many rounds are in it? Kind of like a regular pistol magazine?

They look awesome by the way! Any idea on what initial price is going ot be? Myself and another fellow are champing at the bit to order some! :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peep holes would not be a problem....I would need to relocate some of the spot welds. Give me a little bit to map out the shells and I will see what I can do.

No price yet.....price will be posted when they are ready to ship. They will be competitive though.

Ian

"Peep holes" would also let dirt, mud, sand, etc. in. Bad idea.

I thought and almost posted the same thing. But there is already a pretty big hole in the top, with plenty of room for garbage to get in, esp if you are running 2 3/4 shells. So, unless you are worried about a seated mag, or if you have mag covers to protect the shell entrance, I'd guess that a few more witness holes won't matter.

Ian, You could always move the rivets, but not place the holes and allow end user to drill them (or even request holes as a "factory" option).

Initially I didn't like the idea, but I don't think it's a bad thing, and might come in handy at times?

Let the end-user add the holes in their preferred location. Pistol mag holes are in the sides...AK mag holes are in the rears off to one side...etc.

Hmm, I just pulled the mag outta my Glock 27 and they're in the rear. You sure about that?

:smoke: This is great! I never liked the fact that 5 round mags were the only ones available. Sure you could find 8 round mags sometimes, but that was rare and they were pricey. Now somebody is making a 10 round magazine. Get yours quick before the liberals take over and ban them! Saigas are great assualt shotguns to begin with, now we will have the benefit of capacity.

I'll take 10 right away, do you have an idea when they will be available?

Silas L

What? Someone is making a list???

Put me down for 24.... no make that 25... I may want 40 if they are less than $50... I want to pay to be at the top of the list! Can someone take my name and address so you'll know where to ship em???

Geez, folks, there is no list. Read the other posts about this plz

Let the end-user add the holes in their preferred location. Pistol mag holes are in the sides...AK mag holes are in the rears off to one side...etc.

Hmm, I just pulled the mag outta my Glock 27 and they're in the rear. You sure about that?

Most Colt .45 mags have the holes in the side of the mag.

I have a 1939 German Luger and it is slotted down the side. (albeit for the follower hold down)

My Star .40, 9MM, and .45 all have holes in the side of the mag

Most Colt .45 mags have the holes in the side of the mag.

I have a 1939 German Luger and it is slotted down the side. (albeit for the follower hold down)

My Star .40, 9MM, and .45 all have holes in the side of the mag

And the difference here? Those are all single stack, while modern Glocks, H&Ks, and XDs are double stack.

Pistol mags are in the pistol! AK mags are NOT in the AK. Holes on a mag that hangs below a weapon had better damned sight be covered with pastic. Ask the French what happens when you put open holes in an external mag.

G O B

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Feb 12 2006, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pistol mags are in the pistol! AK mags are NOT in the AK. Holes on a mag that hangs below a weapon had better damned sight be covered with pastic. Ask the French what happens when you put open holes in an external mag.

G O B

Large slots in French military magazines made it easier for the Germans to inspect empty weapons as French soldiers surrendered them!!

RonSwin

• 2 weeks later...
What are the springs made out of in the ten round mags???

There was a post a month or two ago stating what the springs were made of for one of the ten round mags but I don't recall if it was for the plastic or metal ones. You could try a search if no one else recalls. :smoke: